Did I do good? 150hps + 105cfl $76.00

beensmokin420

Look what I got for $76

Check out this deal I got on eBay... Is it a good deal?
My_grow_lights.jpg

The fluro is a 105watt and the HPS is 150watt. How did I do?

I paid $76.00 Shipped for this.

Would these be efficent enough to grow say 4-6 plants in a 4ft wide x 2ft deep x 6ft high closet? If not what would they be best used for?

i'd say go with 2-3 plants.
it will definitely grow..
just make sure you can set it up so you can raise/lower it as the plant grows.

I have all the height requirements covered as far as moving them up and down.

Well I've really been looking into growing something from the lowryder series, either the masterlow or the lowberry cause of its auto-flowering properties so with that said do you think I could grow 4 of those in my grow room?

Re: Look what I got for $76

what a strange silence.... it very quiet here. so i thought id say hi.
not sure if you got a deal or not. i only plant seeds on 4-20 through out my entire town, cept my own house...
this year i had 3 pounds.... yippie!

what a strange silence.... it very quiet here. so i thought id say hi.
not sure if you got a deal or not. i only plant seeds on 4-20 through out my entire town, cept my own house...
this year i had 3 pounds.... yippie!

That's funny, I just started saving my seeds to do the same thing, have you seen any growin around town yet?

$76 for both items shipped isn't bad at all! not a SUPER deal, but you got a deal! 150watts is a little low on the lumen(s) but will do 1-2 plants nicely. My VERY first grow I did two plants with one 150 AND a 100, they were pretty stretched and didn't yield much.

What strain did you grow under them and was the bud anygood?

Re: What can be grown w/ a 150w HPS and a 105w Fluoro

...i think i'd use the floro's throughout veg and use the HPS for flowering.
I think it would work better that way... not 100% sure though.

good luck bro! just be patient and caring with them and you'll done fine.
keep us posted!

Yea I was planning on doing that w/ the lights.

How much bud do you think I will yield from 2 plants that are about 3 1/2ft - 4ft tall?

I'd run both lights right from the start. Maybe even add some towards the end. As far as to how many plants , I'd use as many 2 gallon pots as would fit into the area and start flowering at approximately fifteen inches tall. :peace:

That looks like a really nice mini-setup you have there. I don't know how well you did on price, because I've never bought anything similar.

paladins plan sounds good for those lights.. it be easy to do with clones.
might not be the hardest buds but still good and sticky :D

I'd run both lights right from the start. Maybe even add some towards the end. As far as to how many plants , I'd use as many 2 gallon pots as would fit into the area and start flowering at approximately fifteen inches tall. :peace:

Sounds like a great set-up for my spot. Thanks:allgood:

Seeing as a 250w HPS has a very small area of coverage a 150w would be even weaker still. I would only start with 2 plants using the flouros, considering one might turn out to be male, then add the 150w HPS upon flowering.

In my opinion, a 250w HPS is suitible for only one female plant in full flowering. By having more female plants you will detract from the yeilds of all plants because they wil be starving for more light. What would you rather have, a bunch of plants with smaller buds, or one plant with larger buds? Personally I would rather have one healthy monster plant then a bunch of smaller ones that will not produce nearly as much.

Also, if you flower at 15" using this light, you can expect some substantial stretching to occur during the first few weeks of flowering. The plant may go from 15" to 25"-30" easily. Don't outgrow your space, flower at 10"-12" or until the plants reach 6 nodes.

I remember something from way back that said you should have between 10W to 20W of light per square foot for satisfactory growth. The lights you have give a reasonable spectrum for growth, and you seem to have adequate wattage for the size area you plan to use.
Therefore, in the size garden you plan to use, you can grow a decent crop. I would stick with short growing strains like Lowrider.
So, is your purchase a good deal or a GOOD deal. You paid a fair price for what you bought so that in itself is a GOOD deal. If you go on to produce a good crop, then it will have been an even BETTER deal.

I dunno how good of a deal you got but I just picked up a large coil-type flouro I guess thats a CFL that equals 150 watts and produces 2,700 lumens at Wally world for 8 bucks (brand new fresh light) and put it in an aluminum dome like the one you have...as far as the value of the rest??? I would say it depends on how "used" your lights are...just because they light up doesn't mean they can't be a little "stale" if you know what I mean...good luck to you!

Well I got em!!! And I only have 2 things to say:

REFUND and FUCK THE UNITED STATES POST OFFICE!!!!

First off the guy I got them from packaged them horribly! and i'm not being exaggerative either... it sucked!

Second I find that he didnt even insure it!!! So now i'm fucked and so is he!!! what kinda dumbass sends fragile, breakable items across country and doesnt insure them!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!:hmmmm:

I got pics of the damage but I am awaiting approval.

Needless to say though i'm more upset with the seller simply b/c if he would have packaged it properly I would have got my setup going today.... so now ima buy a 400w hps for 150 shipped and just forget all the other bullshit.

I figure, $76 for a 105w fluoro and a 150w hps OR $150 for a 400w HPS?

Wish i would of saw that deal 2 weeks ago!!! everything seems to work out for the best anyway.:bongrip:

if i were you i'd get that 400w HPS, and then run out to walmart or a gardening store and get like a 200W flouro for veg.

That sucks...But how secure is E-bay anyway??? It's not like people don't know what that stuff is used for...Post a negative comment on the seller and report him to e-bay...then quit ordering grow supplies from them...just my opinion...but as i said before...I got a CFL at Walmart that produces 2,700 lumens for 8 bucks and it's "new" light...That diamond reflector thing looks like a piece of a toolbox off a truck...or a bed liner or something like that...maybe you can get a piece cheap at an auto parts store...but i say get you 2 large cfls from the store for less than 20 bucks and use your reflectors...they weren't damaged were they??? at least you cansalvage some of your loss maybe...just an idea

Well heres an update:

The seller refunded more than half my money to cover the loses. I went to lowes and bought a new HPS bulb and its doing great, my lil plany is lookin bigger and healthier already! All I need now is my 105w CFL and ill be straight. The seller came through for me and was very nice about everything(it was there first time sending lights in the mail).

The reflector is actually pretty nice and actually reflects light VERY well, the construction is suprisingly better than the photo, the CFL that is.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom