Did i flip too soon? advice sought. thanks

freetrees

hi fellow greenfingers. i am new to the forum but not new to growing. currently running a budbox 2.4 by 1.2 and 2 metres high. 2x600 hps. I recieved 32 strong rooted firmed clones 18 original amnesia and 14 varied old blue cheese strains a friend has been mothering for years. i veged for 10 days and flipped and after 11 days 12/12 they are between 15 and 18 inches high and fairly bushy. I was advised against vegging too long in a tent as the canopy will move up leaving much of the lower buds to die. i know i had a strong root system after the ten day veg but im worried i will have small plants as i didnt top through fear of the plants fighting for space in what is basically a sea of green. id appreciate anyone who can tell me how high i can expect the girls to get and rough yield from a similar system they have run. any pics or vids of 10 day veg clones at finish would also e great. sorry for the detail but i have just looked at a thread of pics of seeds in a glass of water and it was described as an update, so feck it. thanks:thumb:

Re: did i flip too soon? advice sought. thanks

cant give projection of yield cos there are so many variables. conditions, style of grow, nute program, strain, pheno type. A guide is 1- 1.5 grams per wattt of light if u know what u are doing. u can flip at anytime with clones as they are copies of mature mothers. u def dont want big plants if u have 32 plants in that size tent. what size pots? soil, coco or hydro? in 6.5 litre pots 20 max in that space. 9 plants per 600w is good start. i am running 10 plants in most of my tents that size and average 55oz but i have been growing for years. more plants dont mean more bud, often less plants grown well will yield more. however if u have a good sog set up u could yiel well too. need more specific info and pics really.

thanx so much for your reply much appreciated. Ok a bit more info. Im in 11 ltr pots 1/3 full with clay balls the rest light mix. im using a spanish food canabium because it was free and im on a budget at the mo. im also feeding 45ml black strap molasses in 15ltrs of food. I basically went for a sog expecting 2 foot tall trees which i have not topped or fim'd because i dont want them too bushy. Reading your reply i can see my worries were justified but not because i flipped too early but possibly because i squashed to many in there. Some of my cheeses are strains the spanish farmers have been using for 15 years and they resemble big budah blue and the odd one is very hazey. The others are amnesia but not hazey at all but very dense and fruity maybe its an original amnesia im not sure as it was a clone from a pal. I wish i had the confidence in the first place to go for less pots but im on a bit of a cannonball run this time and thought as long as i pack them in i should do well. Wish id spoken to you earlier, as i said im not green to this but usually go outdoor as weather here is good, im still finding my feet with these tents. Thanx again for your support i will post some pics on here for u if i can. ps 55oz from 1200 watts is pro.

really u have too masny strains also in such a small space. i usually stick with one strain or strains that i know will be similar size and height. let me know how u get on. look at my journal and u will see how packed my space is with just 10 plants. pointless using 11litre pots if u want small plants, id go 6.5 litre square pots and 20 max looking for couple oz per plant. if things get out of control just pull some, that would be best option. defoliate and get light through the canopy. good luck.

thanx a lot for the tips. i am bending the tall ones to level the canopy. Should i take the old bigger leaves off leaving new growth and how many before i stress them too much. Im starting week 4 flower 2mo and have stopped with veg feed, now ill switch to flower food. They seem to love the 50ml molasses in 15litres and im gently upping that. All are dark lush and showing nice nug zones. my pc is pants so cant upload pics at mo but im working on it. Thanx again for your time

oh i forgot to ask when would you add pk and how many times. At the mo each girl gets half a litre of ph rain or filtered water every other day. I expect that to rise to maybe 1.5 towards the end. cheers

im not a soil guy so i dont want to give u bad advice on nutrients. but as a guide i add pk about 2 weeks after switching from 12/12, half strength for 2 weeks, then full strength then finish last 3 weeks with a strong boost like house and garden top shooter.

As for leaves dont worry about high defoliation yet. just see how ur plant grows first so in future u have a base model to work from, that way will know what works and what doesnt. just take off any leaves that dont look healthy and the odd one that may be blocking bud sites.

had a freebie of shooting powder about six years ago. Heard so much conflicting info ranging from doubles yield to could kill your whole crop that after mixing it up i binned it at the last mo just couldnt take that risk with my girls. Also at the time info on mixing was very poor. I have also heard never to use with pk or sativas.

i see Cultivator has your back =)

ill just add a few thoughts.

i suspect that your probably going to try your best to run all those plants to the end in your space, if so i would defoliate hard.
right now while your still in early flower, pluck as many as you dare. it will cause a big shock, but it will recover. the massively upgraded light penetration should increase yield more than the shock will cost. if you pluck leaves do it all in one go then do no more as repeatedly attacking the plant can halt it in its tracks (a great way to 'park' a plant your not ready to finish).

in the same session i would bend over and tie down (super crop if need be) any tops that ruin your average height. with all those leaves gone there is room for it down there now.

as to food. i never really got into the whole feeding thing, i just use organic soil and top dress and tea from concentrated manure ferts to boost food.

as per what cultivator said about dialing in your grow i reccomend leaving your worst culprit (biggest plant) in a far corner of the tent unmolested, just to see how big it would really get.

you wouldnt go wrong just following C's advice, im just doing a little stint of devils advocacy =)

cheers mate ill keep going with molasses and flower and after i pk round the end of wk5 ill ask you for some more details. The gals are slurping around a litre a day at the mo and im nearly end of wk5 but i have a feeling with defoliating and fidling around its gonna be 10 weeks. thanx again

thanx for the help friend im sure i am lacking in knowledge enough to take advice from more than one corner. I have bent the tops on a few to level the canopy and tomo i will defoliate and bermectine for a few mites that have been hanging along for the ride. I only have a few low down but and i take the leaves off. i have a few chive plants in there but they are under control. The cloggies say you grow with them and they are a fact of life but i say attach bayonets.

had to pull these girls at 7 weeks due to mould, i was worried it would take hold so i pulled early with a quick 5 day flush. it was mould free andsurprisingly good taste and up considering. 650g from 2x600hps not terrible under the circumsances. thanx to all for advice. latest project is 25 big devil xl from sweet seedsand 25 ak47 white label, all are auto fem and looking large.

Back
Top Bottom