Did I kill it? How could this happen in 24hours?

mammonista

420 Member
Yesterday morning, the plant looked great! 24 hours later - not so much! WHAT DID I DO?
I'm growing this plant in a 2x2 tent that is temp controlled to 76 degrees and illuminated 18 hours a day.
I'm growing in Coco and yesterday I followed normal procedure of pouring in about a half gallon of tap water with the appropriate amount of chemical fertilizers. I've been doing this now every other day for the past few weeks.
This morning I open the tent and WTF?
Looks wilted but how could that be with plenty of water (I watered until it ran out the bottom and then poured that off) and lights/temps that don't deviate from one day to the next?
Any ideas? Have I killed it?
Here's a picture from yesterday, and then two days earlier for comparison.

wow......
Thats a terrible sight to see.
The way the leaves are drooping like that looks like an over watering problen
but youre growing in coco, so that cant be it....
something in the water maybe?
sorry, no idea what could have caused something this drastic in 24 hours

Iv only seen that once and it was on my plants I was watering every other day until one day 8 plants were slumped over I just gave em there water an nutritious n they came back

Looks to me like it got too cold.

Check this out

6f89de7efb34a64a5088652c62d88c26.jpg

48 hours later

e017e759b66485c259c8c35afe605ef8.jpg

I don't think it was a temperature problem. I keep the grow tent at a pretty much constant 74-78 degrees with the help of a closed look system that has a small ceramic heater blowing warm air through a 6" flexible aluminum tube into the tent and then an in-line auxiliary fan sucking air out of the tent via a second flexible tube and feeding the heater on the inlet side. The auxiliary fan runs 24/7 and the heater only runs as needed to maintain the temperature.
The system has worked flawlessly for 3 weeks now.
The plant looked fine yesterday morning when I checked and realized it had entered the flowering stage which was a surprise until I realized I had bought auto-flowering seeds instead of the non auto-flowering I had intended to buy.
Lights are on a timer that keeps them on 18 hours a day...
I'm thinking this plant is pretty much toast at this point but would hate to have this happen again so I really need to find out what caused this.
Normal tap water with recommended amounts of Canna A & B and Cal Mag.
Could the Coco retain enough water to 'drown' a healthy plant in 24 hours?
Any other possibilities?

That is a huge change in a short time. It's obviously not a deficiency... I was thinking over watering at first but you can't really over water coco.

two days later and the plant didn't recover. :-( I'm thinking the grow container (3-gallon bucket) didn't have enough drainage holes in the bottom. I cut about eight or nine in there but maybe not enough? The container was sitting in a catch tray and after the suspect watering there was just a dribble in the tray the next morning. Did enough water drain out of the coco?
just found a second grow container (5-gallon plastic pail) that the previous tenant of this house (renter who was running a grow operation in the basement) had left behind. This container had holes in the bottom and sides, maybe 30 or so. was this to get more complete draining?
thoughts?

I grow in coco and never experienced this and a lot of times I don't even drain the runoff. Can't over water. Looks like a temp shock. The hot air is not blowing right on the plant, is it?

feed till runoff with normal strength solution, measure ph and ec of runoff , ph should be a bit higher and ec a tad lower than what you just put in .

you should water every single day till runoff , if you don't, the salts will build up in the coco then it gets all funky for no reason ...

you could have fed 2x A or B instead of A+B ... , you could have dropped a ton of ph- ..who knows ..

plant's not dead yet, don't give up!

feed till runoff with normal strength solution, measure ph and ec of runoff , ph should be a bit higher and ec a tad lower than what you just put in .

you should water every single day till runoff , if you don't, the salts will build up in the coco then it gets all funky for no reason ...

you could have fed 2x A or B instead of A+B ... , you could have dropped a ton of ph- ..who knows ..

plant's not dead yet, don't give up!
I was thinking pH since I think the grower was using regular tap water. For Coco pH to 5.7-6.2 or so.

Back
Top Bottom