Did my mother work at Captain Ed's

Giomeister

I was 1968 when i waswas born Iowa. Came to California when i was 2 years old.

That would have been 1971 or so.

My mother worked in the Sunset Strip area of cali. Started off as a GoGo dancer i heard and later went on to sell bongs at a local shop.

I do often times wonder if i had crossed paths with the Emperor (Jack Herer) or Capt Ed (Ed Adair).

Famous Amo's cookie shop was there and small places like the 5 and dime.

Since then i moved to the Pasadena area. Since like 1979

Now in Milwaukee. I wish someone could confirm this for me.

Anyhow,

i am 41 now, and not touched weed in any form in 20 years.

The medical attributes of what it covers are an intrigue for me. I am going to make it my life to work a boring as job to pay bills and increase awareness..

In the process i may move to Nevada or Cali so i can legally use it for medical reasoning.

Have not figured out what i tell my girls yet they are little, my oldest is 7.

Anyhow, thanks for the ear.

Makes me wonder though had my mother or crossed paths with the legends.

Hi Giomeister
:welcome: to the friendliest place around :hookah:
lots of friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful people here, so sit back, relax, enjoy, and ask questions. We are all here to help

Very interesting path, indeed.. :)
:thanks: for joining, and spreading awareness.

See ya around the forums:) :peace: :hookah: :goodluck:

I am missing southern cali and the weather.

The midwest has its issues, however the people are mostly closed minded and lack the free spirit cali people have.

Yes, to some degree plastic, but everyone does their own thing and people accept you for the most part even being different.

I would move in a heartbeat if i could find work and a decent place to live.

An outskirt of cali would be nice too if work is easily obtained. low level customer service , and i have had collections for 10 years....not my ideal line of work though.

I did live in the Fresno Area and Stockton, Manteca, and small outskirts of Los Angeles like Tujunga, and Lakeview Terrace.

And i graduated from Verdrugo High. (Verdugo)

Have not figured out what i tell my girls yet they are little, my oldest is 7...

"Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you."

I remember when I found my oldest daughter's stash.
I wasn't nosing through her stuff, I was looking for a pen that she had borrowed.
I worried for a couple weeks that she would find out that I sampled a bit from the bag.
But I needn't have worried.
She blamed it on her younger sister.

I do so love the older hippie songs. Now called classic rock.

The standard for all music.

And so simple. Even used in backgrounds and sound mixes today and kids think it is new.

The kids will take their own path my wifes son is 20 years old and has tried it a few times.

We enlisted into the Corps and got kicked out for playing around with it.

He was a straight A atudent and a fine young man. Then enlisted and screwed himself. Nothing i did could have curtailed it i was indeed strict.

Anyhow, is openness the key as the Dutch do to make it not so wrong.

Hello and :welcome: Giomiester, I can say I also have children ages 6-16 three girls and a boy who is the youngest I will advise you not to tell them anything and do not smoke in front of them. When they do find out they will be older and familiar with you and know you love them and are not a druggy. I live in RI where MMJ is legal and growing the State Dept of Health will license the first dispensary mid Sept. and may license only 3 Statewide. Maine also has MMJ but a limited economy and unemployment is extremely high compared to other New England States. California is the leader in MMJ and all things related to Cannabis. I would pick sunny California over New England anyday but do love the change of seasons
We are here to spread Cannabis Awareness and Information across the world and if you can help this cause you will be helping millions.
Please let us know if there is anything we can assist you with.

Jack Has inspired me.

The hippies walk and drove to Capitol Hill to scream and demand the right to have a word in the politics of the day.

I had a brain fart and decided to get on the wagon for medical marijuana.

We have the internet and millions of voices attached and easy access to politicians and federal government sites.

We should be screaming from the top of our voices to get this out there.

We have it easy compared to them, and yet few get involved.

Let us carry on the work that Jack Herer busted his balls for.

Make Medical Marijuana available to all and enrich the lives of many.

Back
Top Bottom