Die Hard Match Users Unite!

RooRman

I haven't started a new thread in quite some time, I almost forgot how to create one. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Anyway, I want to know how many of you out there are die hard match users. I HATE butane lighters. The butane, besides being poisonous, adds a nasty taste and I never use them. I will only light up with a standard book match. When someone passes me a lighter, I'm like "no thanks, you can keep that". The only thing I use lighters for is cigs. and incense. :laughtwo:

So how many of you use matches only? Probably more of the old school tokers do this, because they probably started smoking with matches and just stuck with it. If you haven't tried a match instead of a lighter go ahead and give it a try. You might just never go back.

Yeah I let the head of the match burn before I light the bowl. It actually tastes so much better to me. Also, I think the lighters are too hot. The matches burn at a lower temp than the butane so it doesn't destroy the THC as much.

Yeah I let the head of the match burn before I light the bowl. It actually tastes so much better to me. Also, I think the lighters are too hot. The matches burn at a lower temp than the butane so it doesn't destroy the THC as much.

That is really interesting! I've honestly never thought about it... Kinda blows my mind. When the hell did they invent butane lighters?!?! Haha. Your right about them getting too hot... Just last night mine caught the side of my finger and literally bubbled the skin up. I am going to have to try with a match sometime, probably tonight. Good thing my dad still has match "collection" from every hotel/motel he's ever been too haha.

So as long as I let the tip burn down I should be good for a hit or two?

To answer both your posts:

Light the match and let it burn freely. You'll notice the flame go from green where the blue should be, and then to blue. Wait for any of the coated part of the match to burn off before lighting the bowl. And then do just that. I like book matches but the wood ones are kind of harsh.

Yes they are sometimes a pain to light but I just can't stand the taste of the butane. Obviously I have used a lighter every once in a while, and I still use them for cigs.

I think I may be trying matches tonight.

You only light the tip of the cig with the lighter. Where as when your smoking a bowl your keeping the lighter lit longer and sucking in alot more of the butane.

I'm not disagreeing with you, cigs are bad and poisonous. :laughtwo:

Thanks Smokin.Moose for the backup. I new I would get some old school support! :allgood:

Sure - book matches. Used to light joints with them, and when it got to the roach we'd split a match in half except at the head, and put one half on each side of the roach and hold it together and use it as a roach clip. Then we figured out how to smoke 'em all the way down to the very end w/ just our fingers. I remember being so stoned and how easily we could pass that tiny little roach - it was like it would stick to your index finger and your buddy would push his index finger against yours and the resin would make it stick and he'd take it. But I digress. Matches - I learned to light a bowl w/ a plain match in the wind by holding the match between my 2 middle fingers so I had a "cupped" place to hold the match over the bowl. Matches are easier to carry, cheap to get, you can dispose of them easily. BUT - if you're trying to conceal all traces of smoke as much as possible...a butane lighter does the job better. One hit, hold it until nothing comes out...piece of chewing gum, some Chap Stick, shot of Visine....good to go!

Ha Ha, I've used the ol' split a match for a clip before. Another thing that works great is a twig; break it, but not in two and use the crack to hold the roach. As far as lighting up, I prefer a match.

yeah magnifying glass is the absolute way to go when you have the oppertunity.

The magnifying glass is probably my favorite source of ignition as well because it is completely tasteless. However, it will only work with strong direct sunlight so theres a small window of oppurtunity to use this method. If it's cloudy or raining you can't use it. Also, I like to smoke indoors and the window in my room only gets about an hour of direct sunlight in the morning, after that it won't work because the sun shifts.

If I could have my way I would either use the magnifying glass everytime or buy one of those Phedor "lighters" from Wicked Roots. If only I had an extra $150 to spend. :cheesygrinsmiley: If anyone has one of these feel free to post your opinions on it.

Back
Top Bottom