Diesel Auto (Fem) + Sensi Star (Fem) + Mystery Seed (Mexican Brick Weed)

At 7 Days from flip [last update], watered today using molasses.

MMS- After one week from 12/12 it turns out to be a male. Disappointing, this was my fastest grower, lots of bud sites. Its a shame Im gonna take it down. I exchange Im minting a Cantaloupe Kush Feminized will go 12-12 from seed.
DSC027512.JPG
DSC027503.JPG
DSC027173.JPG
DSC027153.JPG
DSC027133.JPG

Jamaican Seed- Sativa dominant unknown strain, still behind not showing sex but growing nicely. Very short from training but It takes time to recover when touched.
DSC027375.JPG
DSC027072.JPG
DSC027094.JPG
DSC027385.JPG

BC mango- One week after flip and it had considerable stretch, but grows pretty quick. Still no sex yet but it seems like its gonna show in a couple of days.
DSC027463.JPG
DSC027472.JPG
DSC027194.JPG

DSC027492.JPG

wow a male that went female
I don't know what to say I know the buds will have seeds tho that's for sure but if the seeds will do the same as this original plant I don't know
more than likely it will
lets see if we can get some other opinions in here I heard of hermie female to male but this ones cool
Happy Skunkday I don't know what to say about this one lets see if I can drum up some help :thumb:

Subscribed. I would kill the hermaphrodite cannabis plant so it can not release pollen and seed the rest of your plants. I noticed in your first photograph you had your large Compact Florescent Lights hung vertically and I could not tell how far you have them positioned from your plants. You would have better illumination from your Compact Florescent Lights if you can hang them horizontally. Your SensiStar appears to have either a magnesium deficiency or a evaporation problem from the leaves or heat stress. I would treat your SensiStar with pH adjusted water with 1 teaspoon per gallon of Epsom Salts.

wow a male that went female
I don't know what to say I know the buds will have seeds tho that's for sure but if the seeds will do the same as this original plant I don't know
more than likely it will
lets see if we can get some other opinions in here I heard of hermie female to male but this ones coo
Happy Skunkday I don't know what to say about this one lets see if I can drum up some help :thumb:

I know it sucks, but there is not much online about male hermies (mine was stressed to hermie, don't think its a genetic thing), some talk about a the ultimate stud gene or a pure male gene is passed on to siblings and they will not hermie genetically, useful for breeding, other say male hermies are useless, other talk about the use of pollen to make feminized seeds because of the suppressions of the herm gene by the production of ethylene, when crossed with a female your are most likely to have high % of female seeds. I tough we could explorer this subject here in the community because there is a lack of information about male hermaphroditism in general.

Just a thought

Subscribed. I would kill the hermaphrodite cannabis plant so it can not release pollen and seed the rest of your plants. I noticed in your first photograph you had your large Compact Florescent Lights hung vertically and I could not tell how far you have them positioned from your plants. You would have better illumination from your Compact Florescent Lights if you can hang them horizontally. Your SensiStar appears to have either a magnesium deficiency or a evaporation problem from the leaves or heat stress. I would treat your SensiStar with pH adjusted water with 1 teaspoon per gallon of Epsom Salts.

thanks for joining King, my natural instinct is to kill it, but since it wasn't a typical female hermie I wanted to explore a little more the subject of male hermaphroditism. Is the pollen useful for making feminized seeds as well? Have you ever experimented with male hermaphroditism in any way? does the pollen have any benefits to it ?

My lights are vertically hanged because of my small space, but Im going to think of a way to fit them horizontally.

Regarding Sensi star, I f*c*ed up since the begging the plant was so stressed by many factors it just never took off, so I chopped it a week ago, trimmed and dried.I got it of my head, It had so many problems I don't have the expertise nor the space to handle…

Cannabis plants that turn hermaphrodite early in flower pass along the hermaphrodite gene by my understanding. I would not risk it pollinating the rest of your plants.

Makes sense because its genetically made to hermie, so the gene is passed on. I get your point.

I managed to put 2 of my 3 lights horizontal.

thanks again for the info

Update

-Bc Mango: after two weeks of 12/12 turned out to be a male. Was chopped down. Replaced with a new seed of the same kind.

-Sensi Star: after a total of 3 months, stress made it impossible for it to thrive, chopped down as well. Replaced with a seed Cantaloupe kush feminized.

-MMS: after two weeks of 12/12, first week showed male sex, but second week started to develop buds all over the plant, so after thinking a lot, decided to isolate this one plant and see what happens. So the remaining plants won't be affected.

-Jamaican: after two weeks 12/12 still no clear visible signs of sex. Shows sativa dominant traits. I managed to control the stretch. its growing an avg. 1/2 inch a week.

After 3 long months Im left with one plant and 2 new sprouted seeds. bummer...

Bc Mango (chopped)
DSC027792.JPG

new
DSC027942.JPG

Sensi Star (chopped)
DSC027573.JPG

MMS (isolated)
DSC027863.JPG
DSC027873.JPG
DSC027885.JPG
DSC027895.JPG

Jamaican
DSC028003.JPG
DSC027994.JPG
DSC027972.JPG
DSC027962.JPG
DSC027954.JPG
DSC027923.JPG

The light schedule remains at 12/12.

very nice.
heres some info on the male that turned hermie,

a male that turns hermie is called a super male, now im currently running tests on males and turning them hermie to try and produce a super male, ive had 2 males that turned hermie in the past but didnt know anything about super males at the time,

the info i have says that using a super male for breeding will produce potent plants with high thc levels and massive bud growth, how ever the info didnt say if it was left to self pollenate or if the hermie male was used to pollenate another plant or even if another male was used to pollenate the super male,

so ill be running tests with the males i have got from this grow, we dont normally see males turn hermie as we dont grow males often and when we do we just get pollen then kill them so we dont give them chance to go hermie, its not that rare but as we dont grow many males compared to females that many people dont think hermie males are possible,

i cant 100% say for sure its going to work, plus autos are a real pain to cross as you get some crazy results crossing autos unless you cross the same auto strain with each other, crossing 2 auto strains dont mean you get auto seeds, so its a pain in the arse to get it right, crossing an auto with a none auto also means you get no autos with the first cross, you need to cross an auto with a none auto then with them seeds you need to back cross them with the same auto strain and keep doing that until you back at auto seeds, so its a slow process working with autos unless you crossing the same strain.

but its hard to say for sure whats best to do with yours, i wont know anything until i get my males to go hermie, the site i was on a while back is no longer on the net but it did show pics of huge buds and showed test results of potent strains with between 2 and 4x the amount of thc compared without using a super male as a parent,

its just finding out which way to use the super male, do you self pollenate, pollenate a female with pollen from the super male or do you use the pollen from another male to pollenate the super male, so thats at least 3 different ways of crossing it, so until ive got my males to go hermie i cant really say anymore than that, ive got a journal up called super male project but not updated it in a while as i wont have my males sorted until another few weeks then ill start to force them hermie and ill run tests to see which is the best method for using them for breeding.

very nice.
heres some info on the male that turned hermie,

a male that turns hermie is called a super male, now im currently running tests on males and turning them hermie to try and produce a super male, ive had 2 males that turned hermie in the past but didnt know anything about super males at the time,

the info i have says that using a super male for breeding will produce potent plants with high thc levels and massive bud growth, how ever the info didnt say if it was left to self pollenate or if the hermie male was used to pollenate another plant or even if another male was used to pollenate the super male,

so ill be running tests with the males i have got from this grow, we dont normally see males turn hermie as we dont grow males often and when we do we just get pollen then kill them so we dont give them chance to go hermie, its not that rare but as we dont grow many males compared to females that many people dont think hermie males are possible,

i cant 100% say for sure its going to work, plus autos are a real pain to cross as you get some crazy results crossing autos unless you cross the same auto strain with each other, crossing 2 auto strains dont mean you get auto seeds, so its a pain in the arse to get it right, crossing an auto with a none auto also means you get no autos with the first cross, you need to cross an auto with a none auto then with them seeds you need to back cross them with the same auto strain and keep doing that until you back at auto seeds, so its a slow process working with autos unless you crossing the same strain.

but its hard to say for sure whats best to do with yours, i wont know anything until i get my males to go hermie, the site i was on a while back is no longer on the net but it did show pics of huge buds and showed test results of potent strains with between 2 and 4x the amount of thc compared without using a super male as a parent,

its just finding out which way to use the super male, do you self pollenate, pollenate a female with pollen from the super male or do you use the pollen from another male to pollenate the super male, so thats at least 3 different ways of crossing it, so until ive got my males to go hermie i cant really say anymore than that, ive got a journal up called super male project but not updated it in a while as i wont have my males sorted until another few weeks then ill start to force them hermie and ill run tests to see which is the best method for using them for breeding.

Awakening the curiosity for this super male theory, this is the reaction I was expecting, I believe that there is potential if we can research a little more about male hermaphrodite and the use of the pollen for breeding. I try researching every forum out there and the lack of verified data affirming all and split points of views within the growing community about hermies in general made me want to put the question here, hoping to see If someone that had explore the subject might be interested in doing some tests, and discuss about the this myth about the super male gen.

I decided to isolate my male hermie to collect pollen for later use in different pollination and also let it auto pollinate it self for later test the seeds.

I will join your super male project.

thanks for the info

A flash update

After 2 weeks and half of 12/12 finally the super Jamaican Sativa showed she is a Girl, Im really happy about this. Huge expectations on this plant. I might need experts eye to try and guess what strain it is...
DSC028176.JPG

DSC028194.JPG

on the crazy side my Mystery Mexican Seed MMS, is developing some serious buds all over, while you can see the male parts maturing its way around, at this point I can say I see more new Pistils growing than Cluster balls. So Im not sure whats going on, I hope Im able to collect pollen out of this crazy hermie.
DSC028053.JPG
DSC028092.JPG
DSC028134.JPG
DSC028144.JPG
DSC028153.JPG

I gotta ask what came first the male or female flowers
theres a discussion on super males if it was a male first
something to do with polyploidy
Don Paul has a thread on it
has to be a male turned female tho not the other way around

Back
Top Bottom