Difference between hybrid vs blend?

Fogoguy

It's been quite awhile since I have posted on this fine forum, but I'm a bit STUMPED, and could use your expertise. I'm not sure if perhaps "blend" is a very common term or not, but here in Canada at least, (for instance as viewed on the Newfoundland Government's own cannabis online store) they list their liquid extracts as Sativa, Indica, Hybrid, and Blend. I know all about Sativa and Indica, and assume that Hybrid is a combination of these two types, but I'm unsure about "Blend". I've spent some time googling this, unfortunately to no avail. Some say that "Blend" is simply another term for Hybrid, whiles others say no. And if Hybrid and Blend ARE in fact the very same thing, then why does the online store use both of these terms in their description?

Any/all replies will be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

So for extracts would that just mean two or more strains mixed? Whereas Hybrid is just saying the extract is from one specific strain? Only thing that makes sense to me why need a different label. Like a Blend in Whisky or Tobacco or a or Cofffe or a Preroll would mean a mixture of a couple different ones.

My interpretation would be Indica extract is Indica, Sativa extract is Sativa, Hybrid extract is any Indica/Sativa cross, and a blend is a combination of Sativa, Indica, and/or Hybrid extracts. But hey, what do I know.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking too. Hopefully some more members will chime in with their expertise.

It's been quite awhile since I have posted on this fine forum, but I'm a bit STUMPED, and could use your expertise. I'm not sure if perhaps "blend" is a very common term or not, but here in Canada at least, (for instance as viewed on the Newfoundland Government's own cannabis online store) they list their liquid extracts as Sativa, Indica, Hybrid, and Blend. I know all about Sativa and Indica, and assume that Hybrid is a combination of these two types, but I'm unsure about "Blend". I've spent some time googling this, unfortunately to no avail. Some say that "Blend" is simply another term for Hybrid, whiles others say no. And if Hybrid and Blend ARE in fact the very same thing, then why does the online store use both of these terms in their description?

Any/all replies will be greatly appreciated, thanks!!
An hybrid is a genetic mixture of different varieties in the same plant; a blend would be a mixture of flowers from different plants

An hybrid is a genetic mixture of different varieties in the same plant; a blend would be a mixture of flowers from different plants
i always blend buds from different genetics and sometimes you find a great high from that along with each genetic's high.

i think that since the word blend come from some gubment employee, was approved after 15 meetings regards the word blend , that it means something that has nothing to do what we tokers and growers think it would be.

i will have to look into it. as an ex gubment employee, in the states, i have laughed out loud in meetings at suggestions where everybody turned and looked at me like i just shot the guy's dog. just a quick - HAA! I thought they were joking.
1641399809443.png

Hiya - a hybrid is generally a first generation (F1) cross of two strains which applies to plants
A blend will be a product that has been mixed to some kind of recipe just like tea or whiskey
Not possible to blend plants themselves, only their extracts

Back
Top Bottom