Difference between pre-flowers and flowers and when do you start counting flowering weeks?

jokerlola

I’m always a little confused to when flowering starts and when to start counting flowering days and what are pre-flowers vs flowers?
Would my outdoor plant be considered in flower right now or are these pre-flowers? And if it’s in flower, what week does it look like? Week 1? Week 2?

8E98DEB0-9F15-492D-8E82-833708E6D2F8.jpeg

ED2F0533-E2D6-48A9-BEDF-3BB34A7A8051.jpeg

24D5A031-642F-4471-8851-FE7301F051A5.jpeg

AD23E441-0864-479C-95C1-B8D2B1F53A5C.jpeg

Unless they Auto's or you getting less than 12 hours of light a day they not "in flower". Counting weeks don't really matter as they will be done when they are done kind of thing.

I watch the growth tips. If they are still putting out new nodes of green growth, you are still in veg. Indoors I flip to 12/12 and then for 7-10 days depending on the variety, I wait for bloom to start. This period inbetween veg and bloom, I call the transition period. Once those growth tips finally start putting out pistils instead of new green growth, only then do I start the clock on bloom.

Outside you get to experience a very gradual slide into the bloom period, not having a sudden switch from 18/6 to 12/12, and the transition period can be much longer. That is where it looks like you are right now, transitioning from veg to bloom, and you are just about there.

I watch the growth tips. If they are still putting out new nodes of green growth, you are still in veg. Indoors I flip to 12/12 and then for 7-10 days depending on the variety, I wait for bloom to start. This period inbetween veg and bloom, I call the transition period. Once those growth tips finally start putting out pistils instead of new green growth, only then do I start the clock on bloom.

Outside you get to experience a very gradual slide into the bloom period, not having a sudden switch from 18/6 to 12/12, and the transition period can be much longer. That is where it looks like you are right now, transitioning from veg to bloom, and you are just about there.
Thanks Emilya! I am growing in soil and I am using organic liquid fertilizer. When should I start switching over to bloom fertilizer (Dr. Earth Flower Girl)?

Back
Top Bottom