dIFFERENT cflS?

The Prof

Ive been using daylight CFLs and recently been told there the wrong CFLs but my plants are growing srtong a 3 wks - to a month in ? should I change them?? what type of CFLs are the right ones??

Re: dIFFERENT cflS??

You want the cool white (5000+K) color for the vegging stage and the reddish/orange (2500+K) color for the budding stage. So yes I would swap them out if you can afford to otherwise your plants will still grow just not quite as fast as they normally would/should.

I have been using cool whites for veg for over a year now with no problems. Its not the best but the bulbs are easy to get and I get mine for free.

I checked out walmart and lowes and neither had that high of voltage..gues ill just get it online..

Maybe I don't understand what a CFL is but is was under the impression they were available in the tube and bulb form, the bulb form usually shaped in a coil. I have the coiled kind and have looked all over for some kind of K value but can not find it. Their 13watts and have an output of 825lumens. Do I have the right kind of bulbs?

I have the coiled kind and have looked all over for some kind of K value but can not find it. Their 13watts and have an output of 825lumens. Do I have the right kind of bulbs?

The K value as you state means Kelvin.

This page will explain it all, just give it a good read.
Colour Temperature Chart

At most Homo Deptos you can get upto a 42 watt soft white and a 36 daylight. They run anywhere between $6-$8. With CFLs, the more the merrier. As long as you keep your temp down, the more CFL light your plants get, the better. Regardless of spectrum.

At most Homo Deptos you can get upto a 42 watt soft white and a 36 daylight. They run anywhere between $6-$8. With CFLs, the more the merrier. As long as you keep your temp down, the more CFL light your plants get, the better. Regardless of spectrum.

Thats a true stoner/grower for ya, knows location, maximum wattage avail. @ that location, and prices. Damn! Go ahead!:laughtwo:

Awesome dude. :headbanger:

good stuff but what I'm saying is I can't find a Kelvin value on my bulbs or the boxes.

What does the box say about the light color? (Daylight, Warm White, Cool Blue...etc)

Got a pic of the box?

What color does it look like when its on?

it compares them to soft white incandescents but doesn't directly say if the are or not. I'll post pics as soon as they get approved.

thanks for the help beensmokin

oh yeah, id have to say the cool white instead of anything redder or "hotter" looking but for all i know they could be all daylights.

im sure the pics will helps, i bought them at mapes/rite aid they can't be too complicated

finally got approved :cheesygrinsmiley:

first kind
lights1.jpg

second
lights2.jpg

I'm thinking I might have to call GE customer support and ask.

Back
Top Bottom