Digger’s Second Grow

Digger3691

Hello good people and welcome to my second grow.

Here we have 2 auto flowers from FastBuds.

We gave Gorilla Glue and California Snow, both started at the same time.
My tent is 3.5’x3.5’x6.

Lighting provided by ViparSpectra P1500-Dimmable.

Also available is generic blurple 600W (230W-True) with buttons for veg, bloom or both. I did find this good to add to the flower stage of my first grow, which was also California Snow.

I have a 4” extractor fan (a decent 6” coming in a week or two).

2 x variable oscillating fans.

A small de-humidifier.

An air purifier.

All available when and if needed.
Both will get the same treatment unless one needs something specific.
16lt/4.2 gallon fibre pots.

Buffered coco with around 10% perlite.

I’ll mainly be using Canna nutrients.

———————————
29/04/22 Seeds germinating in damp paper towel.

01/05/22 CS showing around 2mm of root, GG seed is cracked all around the circumference.

02/05/22 Both showing approx 10mm of tap root, both transplanted straight into the 4gallon pots. Water lightly sprayed around the centre area of both pots every 6 hours or so.

04/05/22 Both shoots around 10mm high. Still just lightly spraying with only tap water.

Spose it’s better with some photos.

B78DCD3E-425F-42A8-BF5F-3B42D6B5D897.jpeg

7E6DC1F9-DA10-4783-B66A-1ADDB369AAEE.jpeg

03B74B39-9132-45BE-BC2E-9883CEF7C998.jpeg

7FDA3F6E-9BE5-4173-A6F6-1825478064D3.jpeg

6EC3C88E-603D-4453-9490-EA624E159C25.jpeg

Spose it’s better with some photos.

B78DCD3E-425F-42A8-BF5F-3B42D6B5D897.jpeg

7E6DC1F9-DA10-4783-B66A-1ADDB369AAEE.jpeg

03B74B39-9132-45BE-BC2E-9883CEF7C998.jpeg

7FDA3F6E-9BE5-4173-A6F6-1825478064D3.jpeg

6EC3C88E-603D-4453-9490-EA624E159C25.jpeg
Good morning @Digger3691 hope you are well my friend.
Mind if I tag along.
I love coco.
You didn't fill your pots though.
Your roots need that space.
Lift out your babies and fill your pots before it's too late.
In my Gorilla Glue clone thread there are pictorials of how to pot properly and tips for coco growing.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Mind if I tag along.
I love coco.
In my Gorilla Glue clone thread there are pictorials of how to pot properly and tips for coco growing.

Bill

Hi Bill,
and you are certainly most welcome to tag along.
Yes I didnt think ahead far enough. I just thought I had enough CoCo, comes time and I didn’t, plus Monday gone was a public holiday and everything was shut. I‘ve rang my normal local supplier who didn’t have the type I normally use, as in they only had ‘normal’ (whatever that means) coco that was unbuffered. I’m afraid I’m not knowledgeable enough to go mixing things so I am at this very moment looking into getting more of the stuff I used.
Should be no more than a day or two.

In the few hours since I last posted the shoots have already turned green!

17240230-3141-4C92-B377-1353DA0E234E.jpeg

Mind if I tag along.
I love coco.

Bill

Hey Bill, I’m reading that thread right now mate!

Today both seem to be doing nicely.

At the moment they are only getting a light spray of water a few times daily, only around the centre where their roots are growing underneath.

One thing I learnt from my first grow was not to have the lights too close. My first grow was a single California Snow plant. I’m happy with the result but I made many mistakes which basically ended up with a stunted lady of only 18.5”, but the results are nice in taste, smell, potency etc but were obviously small in regards to harvest.

Another thing I’ll be doing is adapting the watering/feeding regime. I’m growing in fabric pots and although sometimes the substrate seemed dry, if you touched the outside of the pot it would feel soaking. This was just one of the reasons my RH was always high. Living in a sub-tropical, hot and humid climate, it’s good to know that we are in the Fall/Autumn season and moving into winter when both temperature and humidity will get lower.

7D4D7F61-C5C2-479D-B920-E2D11C8A22D1.jpeg

4D72E36F-E256-44DF-B273-71572CD3DF1B.jpeg

5230A83F-C696-4407-92DF-371B6E777477.jpeg

Hey Bill, I’m reading that thread right now mate!

Today both seem to be doing nicely.

At the moment they are only getting a light spray of water a few times daily, only around the centre where their roots are growing underneath.

One thing I learnt from my first grow was not to have the lights too close. My first grow was a single California Snow plant. I’m happy with the result but I made many mistakes which basically ended up with a stunted lady of only 18.5”, but the results are nice in taste, smell, potency etc but were obviously small in regards to harvest.

Another thing I’ll be doing is adapting the watering/feeding regime. I’m growing in fabric pots and although sometimes the substrate seemed dry, if you touched the outside of the pot it would feel soaking. This was just one of the reasons my RH was always high. Living in a sub-tropical, hot and humid climate, it’s good to know that we are in the Fall/Autumn season and moving into winter when both temperature and humidity will get lower.

7D4D7F61-C5C2-479D-B920-E2D11C8A22D1.jpeg

4D72E36F-E256-44DF-B273-71572CD3DF1B.jpeg

5230A83F-C696-4407-92DF-371B6E777477.jpeg
Did you get the pots filled my friend?
I could use some tropical climate here.
Rh is 22% and my babies are shivering. :rofl:

Bill

Did you get the pots filled my friend?
I could use some tropical climate here.
Rh is 22% and my babies are shivering. :rofl:

Bill

Hey Bill, how are you today?

Not yet mate, everywhere is not available! I rang another store whose online status showed it in stock but the product was greyed out. The bloke on the phone said he thinks he has 2 big bags out back somewhere but he’s not sure and will have to look and wants me to phone back tomoz morning as he’s on his own today. I hope he has as I’m picking up my new fan and filter tomorrow also, from different store.

Ill post let you know how I get on.

I just checked the tent, temperature is still 26’C 78.8’F with an RH of 58 (the humidity can really change drastically here in a couple of hours). I‘m sure I must be the only Englishman to move to Australia and complain about the weather lol I bloody hate being hot and damp.

For 8 months of the year I can get up in air-con, have a shower, leave for work, and in the 2-2.5minutes it takes to walk to the bus stop (I work in the city but it’s only 2 miles from where I live) I’m soaking wet from the heat and humidity.

Hey Bill, how are you today?

Not yet mate, everywhere is not available! I rang another store whose online status showed it in stock but the product was greyed out. The bloke on the phone said he thinks he has 2 big bags out back somewhere but he’s not sure and will have to look and wants me to phone back tomoz morning as he’s on his own today. I hope he has as I’m picking up my new fan and filter tomorrow also, from different store.

Ill post let you know how I get on.

I just checked the tent, temperature is still 26’C 78.8’F with an RH of 58 (the humidity can really change drastically here in a couple of hours). I‘m sure I must be the only Englishman to move to Australia and complain about the weather lol I bloody hate being hot and damp.

For 8 months of the year I can get up in air-con, have a shower, leave for work, and in the 2-2.5minutes it takes to walk to the bus stop (I work in the city but it’s only 2 miles from where I live) I’m soaking wet from the heat and humidity.

I got a call from the geezer at the shop, he’d managed to find one bag, which I bought, but was out of Perlite!!! but I think we’ll be okay.
I didn’t do exactly as you prescribed Bill as the babies are only inch high, very fragile and I didn’t want to damage them. Saying that as there was no way near enough substrate in there it had come away from the sides etc. By manipulating and turning the fabric pot and pouring down the sides I think it did lift the plant. But most went on top around the sides with a small mound around the spindly stems For a bit of support.
After previous mistakes I really don’t want to add extra stress.

Ill take some photos in the morning once they’ve had a few hours to settle in.

I got a call from the geezer at the shop, he’d managed to find one bag, which I bought, but was out of Perlite!!! but I think we’ll be okay.
I didn’t do exactly as you prescribed Bill as the babies are only inch high, very fragile and I didn’t want to damage them. Saying that as there was no way near enough substrate in there it had come away from the sides etc. By manipulating and turning the fabric pot and pouring down the sides I think it did lift the plant. But most went on top around the sides with a small mound around the spindly stems For a bit of support.
After previous mistakes I really don’t want to add extra stress.

Ill take some photos in the morning once they’ve had a few hours to settle in.
Your correct to proceed with caution.
A full pot and dead plant won't help anything.
At least in England you could carry an umbrella.
No escaping that humidity.
I'd rather have it though.
The thing I remember most about Ireland was green green grass 12 months a year.
That's because it freeken rained every other day.
And never got hot enough to burn the shit like here in the sun. :thumb:
It's a long winter here though so I guess it's a trade off.
But at least we don't have spiders the size of your fist and killer snakes.
Hope you have a great day my friend.

Bill

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom