Diggler420 Tries CO2 Blue & White Cookies, Cali OG Kush Haze, Mars Hydro LED

Diggler420

Hello fellow growers. I am about to mix up my grow room and I am going to give co2 a try on this grow.
About my grow room:
I have a large shop and I framed up a 12 foot x 12 foot room inside the shop.
The shop is not climate controlled.
I have a 4x8 tent in my 12x12 and plenty of space to work next to the tent. I plan on removing the tent and my work table and using the extra space for more flowering plants.
I have been pulling fresh air into the grow room, from the hot shop, and exhausting it through the carbon filter and out of the tent. My ac, 13000 btu portable, runs constantly and it is hard to control the heat when all of the lights are burning.
When I kill the exhaust fan, temps drop to a more manageable temp.
So I have sealed the room and set up a co2 gas system.
I am getting it dialed in and will welcome all of the advice I can get.
I Am popping:
7-blue cookies
5-white cookies
3- Cali OG Kush haze
I started, June 8th, four Northern light autos.
All of the strains are crop king seeds.
I am using pro mix 4 and I mix of led lights. Some Mars and some meizhi.
I may order more lights when they are transplanted into their 5 gallon pots.
Right now my lights are set to 19 on and 5 off.
I always welcome all feedback and will return the favor.

The 4 northern light autos are in 5 gallons of pro mix 4 and the seedlings are in pro mix 4. I will trans plant the 4” pots and use this soil.
Here is the northern light with lst being applied.
They are all sitting under a mars 960 reflector and two 300 watt mars lights. I will add more lights as the seed start to pop. They have popped yet, but I followed crop Kong’s germination instructions and soaked them in a shot glass and then to a wet paper towel. Then into dirt when I saw the little tail crack from the seed.

I have a problem with my co2 set up. I have gone through a 20 pound tank. It should last about 40-47 days.
Here is my problem.
My ac unit pulls air from the room and has an exhaust line that sends hot air from the room. It has been pulling the co2 out of the room.
The room must be sealed pretty good because the ac plug was very hot and smelled like it was about to burn up. I am lucky it did not kill the ac unit.
I just switched back to fresh air intake and exhaust stale air through my carbon filter and out of the room.
I am ok this week, since I am not running a lot of lights but I am going to start shopping for a mini split. Any recommendations are welcome. My local grow shop has a 2 ton mini split for $2000. I really don’t want to drop that kind of cash but it sucks growing in a hot climate. I am just glad that it did not turn into a total disaster.
I do have 10 seedlings that have popped the surface and our weather is supposed to drop to the lower 90’s. That will give me some time.

For nutrition, I prefer the general hydroponics line of flora series
I give nothing but water to the seedlings for the first two weeks.
The northern lights are about 2 1/2 weeks into flower.
Per gallon of water, I mix:
4 ml micro
1 ml grow
5 ml bloom
2.5 ml cal mag.
Currently, the NL will go 4 days between water nutes. I am crossing my fingers for a good stretch.

I soaked them in water for 18 hours and then into the wet paper towel for 3 days.
All of the seeds had a 1” tap root except for four. I went ahead and planted all of them at the same time.
Looking back, I should have let the 4 soak in the wet towel for a few more days.

Do you put the seed in dirt to germ? I have good luck (knock on wood) with warming the temp when germinating with wet paper towels. Then stick them back in the dirt. Its worth a shot before scrapping them.
That is not a bad idea on pulling them out to soak. I am going to try this. Thanks for the info.

I have a problem with my co2 set up. I have gone through a 20 pound tank. It should last about 40-47 days.
Here is my problem.
My ac unit pulls air from the room and has an exhaust line that sends hot air from the room. It has been pulling the co2 out of the room.
The room must be sealed pretty good because the ac plug was very hot and smelled like it was about to burn up. I am lucky it did not kill the ac unit.
I just switched back to fresh air intake and exhaust stale air through my carbon filter and out of the room.
I am ok this week, since I am not running a lot of lights but I am going to start shopping for a mini split. Any recommendations are welcome. My local grow shop has a 2 ton mini split for $2000. I really don’t want to drop that kind of cash but it sucks growing in a hot climate. I am just glad that it did not turn into a total disaster.
I do have 10 seedlings that have popped the surface and our weather is supposed to drop to the lower 90’s. That will give me some time.

One of the Sponsor sells these units. I think they have 2.0 Ton Mini Split from $ 1,000.00.

Mini Split Warehouse

Sponsors | 420 MAGAZINE ®

I have been making upgrades to my room. I took the 4x8 tent out and installed a 18000 btu mini split. It was a tough project and I had to work around my plants. This has opened up more space and allowed me to properly seal my grow room.
I just got my co2 refilled and will start supplementing tomorrow.
I have my 4 northern light autos and they are doing fine. The look to be about 3 weeks into flower.

I have 10 photos and they have all been topped, except for one. Now that I got rid of the portable ac and some other junk, I was able to pop 4 train wreck autos. They are from crop king
Here is a pict of the indoor part of the mini split. It keeps the temps under control and I bet it will keep up with 4000 Watts. I am crossing my fingers.
I will get some better Picts tomorrow and I plan on getting it better organized too.
I think I lost the 4 seedlings due to the humidity being so low. It has been 40% and now I have it at 55%.
Have a great evening

Back
Top Bottom