Diluted Coffee As Organic Fertilizer

NewToTHC

Hello:

Has anyone used diluted coffee as a supplemental fertilizer source in a organic grow. Since coffee tends to be acidic would it not be a great way to lower the ph of your water if needed when watering, while at the same time supplying some nitrogen and trace minerals, especially during the veg stage.

I think I read a while back that it has as a ph reducer a negligible effect. And now that I think of it more, I'm quite sure I tried this and confirmed that theory. White vinegar for the win!

Has anyone used diluted coffee as a supplemental fertilizer source in a organic grow. Since coffee tends to be acidic would it not be a great way to lower the ph of your water if needed when watering, while at the same time supplying some nitrogen and trace minerals, especially during the veg stage.
Most studies focus on coffee grounds rather than actual coffee...and while high in C/N ratio (20:1), coffee grounds are not a fertilizer...they are, however, an excellent component to add to your compost to keep the N (and temps) high.

Back
Top Bottom