Dinafem Blue Kush - 2x4 SCROG With Advanced & Mammoth

PhatK

Whats Up Everyone,

Just hopped on here, came from another forum, and just got back into the game now that life has calmed down. I can start having a little fun. So here the deal. I have a closet with roughly a 4x4x8 space. I will be utilizing the houses A/C and rerouted a small bathroom's A/C dump to cool closet. I Will be installing a 6" inline fan with scrubber to pull air out.

So a little input of whats going down

What strain is it? Dinafem Blue Kush
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hyrbid:55% Sativa 45% Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 2nd Week
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil: Ocean Forest
If soil... What size pot? Solo Cup > 10 gallon Smart Pot
Size of light? 420W T5 > 250W Light bar
Is it aircooled? no
Temp of Room/cab? 80-83 degrees daytime 70 night time
RH of Room/cab? 45-60%
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ? Nope
How often are you watering? When needed - 3-4 days apart.
Type and strength of ferts used? Advanced Nutes Sensi A+B at 50% plus Mammoth P at 100%

1st Lady
baby1_zpspckmjrzx.jpg

1st Over Head Shot
baby1top_zpsspbljtir.jpg

2nd Lady
baby2_zpsextsmlvi.jpg

2nd Over Head Shot
baby2top_zpsszz7ptzb.jpg

I will work on Getting Better pics. Sorry Everyone. They have thick and fast growth. I would have to point to the Mammoth for kick starting their growth.

re: Dinafem Blue Kush 2x4 Scrog With Advanced & Mammoth

Looking good so far man. You might find you have to be careful with watering them going from Solo to 10 gallon. I might would go with a 1 or 2 gallon nursery pot in between those steps. I usually go Solos>1 gallon>5 gallon smart pot and it works out for me, but I veg a bit longer than most.

re: Dinafem Blue Kush - 2x4 Scrog With Advanced & Mammoth

Yo! Thanks man, Yea going to a 1 gallon might be in the works. I plan on Vegging for about 4-5 weeks. Going to be trying to LST and Suppercropping on this run. My plan is to Veg long enough to fill a 2x4 scrog up nice with the two ladies. From what ive read about this strain, they love lst, and respond well to scrog style. So should be fun to play with. Im not too worries about height either, I have an 8' celing and with the LEDS Ill be running I can take advantage of the space's height if need be.

It wont let me send PMs just yet. Gotta get up to 50 posts. haha so working on that.

Your ladies are looking great man. Gotts to read up more about the High Brix but looking good brother!

Man I totally forgot about the 50 post limit. No worries man, we can chat right here. With a Scrog you may want to veg a bit longer to get the screen full, so I wouldn't say 4-5 weeks just yet. With the Scrog you are going to want to fill the screen up without using much vertical height until the flip and combined with those COBs, you probably won't have a ton of penetration, so I would focus on filling that screen more versus using your vertical height.

High Brix is a thing that Doc Bud does, it's really pretty neat. You aren't smashing any yield records versus chem nutes, but the quality is great. It is a pretty easy way to grow, no pHing, no flushing, no need to diagnose deficiencies, easy peasy man. Just my speed.

Yea, I feel yea man. I Like to float down the river myself. Ill most likely go Organic and see how the smoke comes out compared to the chem. With how these little ladies are going, and the other reviews ive seen with Mammoth i believe ill be happy no matter what happens.

I feel yea on yields and concerns, From what I've read on LED forums, the penetration shouldnt be a concern. PLus im not against adding additional lighting as Coooling wont be an issue to me. Those top growers are pullings 1.7-1.9 GPW. Ive seen people have issues in their journals and somehow manage a 1.2-1.5 gpw at the end of some quality product. I'm hoping for just a nice 1 gpw or close to it.

This Video is what turned me onto leds. He pulled like 11 O's dry off of two mars led. Now Using high quality drivers, COBs and quality genetics, i should have just as much fun, I would assume. LOL lets hope.

My First Grow! - Dinafem Blue Kush - Harvest! 2.65 (wet) - YouTube

LEDs are definitely the way to go, COBs have had some damn good results for a lot of people, not a ton of people here running COBs. Some guys running Amare stuff and then Eengineer running a DIY setup. I am looking at Timbers stuff whenever the funds become available. Looking to do 12 COBs @50 watts each in the 4x4 and then double that when the 4x8 comes to fruition. All a dream right now with different things going on that we talked about. I think you will do good. Set no expectations, just pay attention to the girls and see what you get. I have been averaging 3-3.5 ounces a plant and am happy with it. It should be better than anything you are getting out there, that's for sure.

Exactly My dude. We had a nice thing going getting oil and premium in from Washington. But that dried up. Locall has its ups and downs but nothing consistent. Im just happy to have some fun. If i get anything ill be stoked lol. Obviously I want to make sure investment is paid off but at same time, Fun fun little hobby. From what ive seen Led is a nice option. If i can make the dream happen Optimal would be two 4x8 flower trays in the 10x12 and then seperate 4x8 veg.

Ya man, Yours are looking ooey gooey. So stoked for you bro! BUt also makes me realize if your wild ass can do this i know my dumbass shouldnt be too far behind lol

Man, all that other stuff is so inconsistent everywhere. Once you are making your own stuff which will blow all that out the water, you will never look back.

My current setup is 2x4 veg and 4x4 bloom, so if I want to double the operation all I need is a 4x8 for bloom and then make the 4x4 veg and the 2x4 a drying tent and good to go. I couldn't see wanting to go much bigger than that, be a bit more work than I would want. Anything bigger I would probably just build out a room with a mini split.

Thanks man. I studied quite a bit before I jumped in. Bought some stuff I didn't end up using, was going to go Fox Farm Ocean Forest with the 3 part FF lineup, but once I found Doc Bud's kit I decided to go that way since it was super simple for a new guy like me. I have always had the black thumb. Now a year later and my thumb is like a blackish green.

Man we weren't THAT wild. Y'all were way wilder than me! I just so happened to have like one really crazy night, versus multiple less crazy nights. Nick needed that anyway, I was just doing my part.

HAHAHAHA! We were on par to say the least! Great memories and wouldn't change a damn thing. People honestly think i'm lying when i talk about our wild nights lol.

I feel you on the work aspect. Im sure its alot but i genugine dont mind it man. We have a nice 4x8 bed outside that we have, eggplant, tomatos, mint, sweet potatos, squash, collards, and carrots growing. Its a fun hobby that feeds us occasionally. I also have a hot a fuck ghost pepper, 2 habanero, 1 jalapeno, and 1 banana pepper plant in 2 gallon pots around the raised bed. So ill take on the challenge if presented with it.

Election is soon so that changes alot of things for us. But if not then keep it how it is, and just find some consistency and get into a turn and burn situation, filling jars and stacking them like a prepper waiting for a collapse lol.

Side note tho. Came home and really looked at the ladies as im a nerd lol. Noticed some weird growth on one. She has a cute litte chunkiness to her but one one side she one grew one new starter leaf where as the other side had 2. Compare to the other one same strain. Much more uniform and looks like this is the stronger genetic of the two. But the weird growth of the other keeps me optimistic for some unexpected turns.

Any thoughts?

Weird Lady @ the Dance:
weirdgrowth_zpselhpuqcl.jpg

Close up: You can see right side, top leaf looks great and healthy, no bottom side. Left side no issues.
zoomweird_zps8guowmjp.jpg

Other lady, in her great uniform:
baby1uniform_zps7ctqecgd.jpg

Side by Side:
side_by_side_zpsmdalfff9.jpg

Man this election isn't going to change anything. Not for me at least. Y'all might have a vote coming up on medical I think.

That night was pretty crazy, borders on unbelievable that's for sure. If we didn't have the pictures and Lil Wayne there, no one would have believed us.

An outside garden huh? My girl tried a few things, but she was late getting it going and the weather and bugs just made everything absolute crap. Maybe another try next year. I don't eat any of that, but she will eat just about anything.

As far as the girls go, I wouldn't worry about it this early in the game. I have had leaf funkiness in early veg and the plants always turned out fine. Keep it rolling and it should straighten itself up. Speaking of, are you giving them straight water or are you on nutes already? With Ocean Forest they should be good for a few weeks on their own.

Yea, Ive only added the Mammoth to help get that root uptake going and to help develop. I plan to start adding the A+B here in the next week at 25% and then build them up. But im not pushing them or anything. I think next Monday I will trans to 1 gallon pot.

Don't be so hasty on the transplant man. Those Solo cups can go quite a bit before needing to transplant. We get them nice and rootbound, then score the roots, hit them with a root stimulator, transplant and let them fly. Ocean Forest can be a little hot for seedlings at times, your girls seem fine. Most people start adding nutes around the 3rd or 4th week. You will see how they respond once you start feeding them. They are doing good.

I run a perpetual, so I always have something right around the corner. I have Purple XJ x Cali Dreamin #1 hanging drying right now, will come down tomorrow night or Wednesday morning. Then I have Blue Dream and Jack Herer than will be 2-4 weeks and both probably come down right after the other. The perpetual works out for me so much better, I (if the plan would go my way) have something coming down every two weeks or so. Still working on getting that part down. I will post a smoke report and dry weight in the thread probably Wednesday night.

No video reviews anymore. The smoke report is in and even though it was pulled early it's still on par with most genetics, but definitely not as good as it would have been.

Hey Fatk, looks like you're on your way now. Brixnewbie is a great new grower that has exemplified his growing savvy. Glad you came to share the grow with us, I'll take a seat and watch the brix revolution. Good luck to you and as always...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Hey Fatk, looks like you're on your way now. Brixnewbie is a great new grower that has exemplified his growing savvy. Glad you came to share the grow with us, I'll take a seat and watch the brix revolution. Good luck to you and as always...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Don't let Snid lie to you, I am still a newb, I just get lucky sometimes.

PhatK is not part of the Brix group yet, maybe one day. He is using chem nutes, so we will see how it goes for him.

Back
Top Bottom