Dirty Ernie Intro

Dirty Ernie

My first post. I am a 72 year old retired gentleman farmer.

My first exposure to cannabis was in 1966, I was a regular daily user for most of my 20’s, but as family and work life became a higher priority, I drifted away from the life for many years. About a year ago I became a medical marihuana card holder in Michigan due to chronic severe pain.

I’m allowed to possess 12 plants plus assorted seedlings, cuttings, clones. I acquired a supply of L.A. Confidential seeds and I ran 4 generations of a pheno hunt with them. I am growing in Detroit Nutrition soil and supplement with compost tea. I use LED lighting for my indoor grow room flower area, and a home built CFL setup for veg.

After lots of surfing around I found the 420 forums and love this place. My first intense read was Sweet Sue’s/Tangena Malawi Cob thread. I have made a 2 ounce L.A. Con cob, which is currently 6 weeks into the final cure stage. The post ferment sample was really something!

I have settled into a progressive harvest style that I hope to make the subject of my grow journal. I think people will like it. I end up with a bonsai style plant at the end with potent bonsai plants. I am not ashamed to say I am in love with my girls, they are totally seductive.

Hoping to be a good contributing member of the forum. Happy gardening!

Welcome to 420,Dirty Ernie !
I'm only 7 years behind you,but still learning new things here everyday...
Your journal sounds like it'll be an interesting one,I'll be checking it out!

:welcome: Ernie, I'm glad you found us. I'm sure we all can learn something from a seasoned guy like yourself. My dad is around your age and he always taught me to learn from the older guys and you'll learn the most valuable stuff in life and the older I get the more I know he's dead on right about that. Again, welcome brother, settle in and enjoy the site my friend

Welcome to 420 magazine Dirty Ernie , neighbor is 72 says in 1966 he’d go to the bird farm and get all the weed he wanted , a little seedy but good . He said it wasn’t Hempy like it was supposed to be it was Mexican weed . Looking forward to your journal like to see the progressive grow!

:welcome:

Planning any outdoor grows this summer?
Outdoors I operate the M45 Permaculture Research Project. Gramma and I have 5 acres in the Southwest Michigan fruit growing area. We have been installing hugelkultur beds. I have red raspberries, wild black raspberries, a small blueberry patch and the usual veggies, and the start of a lavender plantation. Last summer I did plant out 1 female and she ended up a 7 footer with zero care. Want to do a little more this summer. Would like to get a small maybe 12 by 16 greenhouse going home built.

Outdoors I operate the M45 Permaculture Research Project. Gramma and I have 5 acres in the Southwest Michigan fruit growing area. We have been installing hugelkultur beds. I have red raspberries, wild black raspberries, a small blueberry patch and the usual veggies, and the start of a lavender plantation. Last summer I did plant out 1 female and she ended up a 7 footer with zero care. Want to do a little more this summer. Would like to get a small maybe 12 by 16 greenhouse going home built.
I've done hugel mounds as well...good stuff. I grow in a GH in summer here on the coast of Maine. :)

can i call you gramps? you must be an awesome one! i wonder if mine ever knew what we know they would have been as cool about such stuff :passitleft:i guess with over double the life experience of myself, you must have some stories to tell :) nothing better to than listening to the oldies telling stories lol :)
welcome to the place, jealous of your garden :D what i need lol

:welcome: Ernie. I see you’re getting familiar with the family you weren’t previously aware you had. :laughtwo: How thrilled am I to hear you’re cobbing because of our passion too. :yahoo:

Bonsai plants.... had my husband survived a few more years we’d have a stable of bonsai mothers by now. I use his bonsai tools to care for my plants when I’m in my own home. I’d be tickled pink, along with the rest of this rowdy crew to see you work your magic.

Be sure to tag me when you get started. It can get busy in my corner, and this is one I’d like to check up on. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

:welcome: Ernie. I see you’re getting familiar with the family you weren’t previously aware you had. :laughtwo: How thrilled am I to hear you’re cobbing because of our passion too. :yahoo:

Bonsai plants.... had my husband survived a few more years we’d have a stable of bonsai mothers by now. I use his bonsai tools to care for my plants when I’m in my own home. I’d be tickled pink, along with the rest of this rowdy crew to see you work your magic.

Be sure to tag me when you get started. It can get busy in my corner, and this is one I’d like to check up on. :battingeyelashes::green_heart:
Good bonsai tools are a treasure, glad they are getting good use.

can i call you gramps? you must be an awesome one! i wonder if mine ever knew what we know they would have been as cool about such stuff :passitleft:i guess with over double the life experience of myself, you must have some stories to tell :) nothing better to than listening to the oldies telling stories lol :)
welcome to the place, jealous of your garden :D what i need lol
I usually say you can call me Dirty Ernie, or you can call me Honest Ernest, just don’t call me late for dinner. Gramps is OK too!

:welcome: Ernie, I'm glad you found us. I'm sure we all can learn something from a seasoned guy like yourself. My dad is around your age and he always taught me to learn from the older guys and you'll learn the most valuable stuff in life and the older I get the more I know he's dead on right about that. Again, welcome brother, settle in and enjoy the site my friend
Sounds like you have a great dad. I’m here to learn from you all too, I think there is so much knowledge and talent on this forum, I want to soak it up.

Test drive attach photo file. Seems to have worked. I know little of pixels and resizing etc.
O
F2A2D82F-C54F-4A75-9DF2-2C8DE2DDB932.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom