420 Magazine Background

Dirty Harry - Acorn flowers (male) on a mature non hermie, female bud.

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior
This is a rare occurrence. If you harvest the pollen from these male flowers and use it to pollinate the same strain, you will get feminised seeds.

maleflower31.jpg

maleflower4.jpg

bud buster

Re: Acorn flowers (male) on a mature non hermie bud.

How rare,1 in 100 or what? that awsome.are those acorns on male or female plants?

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior

I don't know the odds, but they tend to come if you allow your flowering period to finish up. Most growers pick their plants before this stage. The images you see are female plants, from my Dirty Harry grow.

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior

No, it is not from a hermie. Sometimes with sinsemilla, a plant will throw a male flower right at the end, sort of as a last ditch effort to self propagate.

Last edited:

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior

It won't be a journal, but I will keep the pics updated by a smoke report. I would have more pictures for you of the Dirty Harry, but the grow site was compromised.

Boss

It won't be a journal, but I will keep the pics updated by a smoke report. I would have more pictures for you of the Dirty Harry, but the grow site was compromised.

Wow, that sucks. I didn't think you had an issue with that there.

Racefan

those acorns or bananas are because the pant decided to self polinate. When some females reach the end of flowering and haven't been polinated they will sometimes throw out a few bananas to continue on the genes. Don't be fooled by how small those bananas are either. I've had a entire room full of plants get seeded by a few bananas on a plant in front of a fan. it sucks to throw a chunk of bud into a pipe only to have it pop and taste like crap! I believe Soma of SOMA seeds did a article in HighTimes abut how he makes femized seeds from these selfing plants and that his technique is to flower his females a week or two longer than normal to get the bananas or "acorns". I have tons of these feminized seeds from selfing plants. Most of the growers I know don't like them because they consider them hermie seeds which in reality...they are.

cinzanoooo

Good looking flowers, where'd you get the 'Dirty Harry' seeds from Moose?
I can't find any Motarebel strains online anywhere.

Racefan

You will get feminized seed from that pollen no matter what female you use it on. It is female pollen. If you use it on a seperate female you will be considered as cross breeding. If you use it on the same strain it's called breeding for seed.

Top Bottom