Dirty Harry - Acorn flowers (male) on a mature non hermie, female bud.

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
This is a rare occurrence. If you harvest the pollen from these male flowers and use it to pollinate the same strain, you will get feminised seeds.

maleflower31.jpg

maleflower4.jpg

Re: Acorn flowers (male) on a mature non hermie bud.

How rare,1 in 100 or what? that awsome.are those acorns on male or female plants?

Re: Acorn flowers (male) on a mature non hermie bud.

It won't be a journal, but I will keep the pics updated by a smoke report. I would have more pictures for you of the Dirty Harry, but the grow site was compromised.

Wow, that sucks. I didn't think you had an issue with that there.

those acorns or bananas are because the pant decided to self polinate. When some females reach the end of flowering and haven't been polinated they will sometimes throw out a few bananas to continue on the genes. Don't be fooled by how small those bananas are either. I've had a entire room full of plants get seeded by a few bananas on a plant in front of a fan. it sucks to throw a chunk of bud into a pipe only to have it pop and taste like crap! I believe Soma of SOMA seeds did a article in HighTimes abut how he makes femized seeds from these selfing plants and that his technique is to flower his females a week or two longer than normal to get the bananas or "acorns". I have tons of these feminized seeds from selfing plants. Most of the growers I know don't like them because they consider them hermie seeds which in reality...they are.

to get feminized seed couldn't you just use that to pollinate any other female, not just the same strain? or do you need it to pollinate itself?
This is a rare occurrence. If you harvest the pollen from these male flowers and use it to pollinate the same strain, you will get feminised seeds.

Good looking flowers, where'd you get the 'Dirty Harry' seeds from Moose?
I can't find any Motarebel strains online anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom