Disaster! Seeds!

Maer

So out of the 6 plants I had 2 were male. After 2 days of not looking in on them (about 10 days into flower) I noticed balls on two of them, so I took them out and chopped them up and put them in a plastic bag. I cant just throw it out in the trash so it sat in the house for a few days before I was able to dispose of it. Do you think that this was the source of the pollen?

How do i clean up to ensure my next generation are not pollinated? Will a HEPA filter help? /cry

Does this mean the weed is going to be shit? How much of a potency loss does pollination cause?

Once seed production begins THC production stops if I am not mistaken. My guess is that one of those little balls( or more) popped without you noticing. The odds of it coming from the bagged stuff is slim but still there. Odds are it happened before you chopped and bagged.

To clarify have you noticed anything going on with the 4 females that are left? Are the pistil bracts swelling like they are filled with seeds or are they still producing pistils? I wasn't clear on this? If this all happened at 10 days into flower then there are probably not even any bracts formed yet and my guess would be that the remaining females will be fine. Are we SURE that the girls have been pollinated? IF they were for SURE pollinated, that early in flowering then odds are the weed will be garbage, BUT if the strain was good in the first place you will now have a seed crop of a strain you like which should never be looked upon lightly!

On a whole bud there are only 1-2 seeds, still have a lot of white pistils
P10104611.JPG
P1010456.JPG
all over the plant.

Relax, it's not the end of the world.

1 or 2 seeds isn't going to cause the plant to shut down anything. More than a few times I've smoked 2 hits and quit dank with a seed or 2 in there.

AFA any stray pollen, just mist with water to kill it. No need to tear everything down and wash with bleach and all that hoorah.

As long as no hermies develop, I'd save those seeds, since they happened from a true male.

DD

i can 't see any seeds in the pics,if you put your plants into flower and aprox. 10 days in when they were begining to show their sex,and you pulled 2 plants that had balls on them,you should not have any problems,it takes a male plant time to mature before its flowers produce pollen and open up. So the remaining females should be unaffected.

1. Nice pictures!
B. Like Droopy said, a couple seeds isn't the end of the world.

If every branch you have is covered then you have a problem. I have (had) a NL that likes to try and get herself pregnant at about week 5 or 6 and I have only seen a developed seed once, the smoke was exceptional! Don't sweat it my friend!

I had a male plant right next to female (outdoors). I'm sure I took out male one before pollen sacks opened. I've noticed two or three seeds developing on one branch. My question is; If one or two female flowers got pollinated, will the rest of female branches produce seeds or just pollinated ones? I thought that it could be stress but female does not show any male flowers so I think it's not a hermafrodite.

Hey Maer. I know this is way late but I am surprised that no one noticed that the first pic is a hermie. she pollinated herself.

You can see see the sack forming as clear as day down at the bottom in this pic of yours.

P10104921.JPG

Hey Maer. I know this is way late but I am surprised that no one noticed that the first pic is a hermie. she pollinated herself.

You can see see the sack forming as clear as day down at the bottom in this pic of yours.

I see what your saying but I think I also see a pistil coming out of it, so it may be a seed. Either way these genetics were shit and have been scrapped.

Back
Top Bottom