Discovery Channel Breaks New Ground With Weed Wars

Founder
When you hear the term "medical cannabis" your mind may conjure up a few familiar images but it’s highly doubtful that taxes, legislation and health care are among them. But tune in to Weed Wars Thursday, December 1 at 10PM E/P on Discovery and explore issues of the medicinal cannabis business that few ever consider. Weed Wars isn’t about opinions or issues– this is the first time a weekly series takes an up close and personal look at the reality of running a controversial medicinal cannabis business.

Weed Wars will take you to Oakland’s Harborside Health Center, the nation’s largest medicinal cannabis dispensary serving over 94,000 patients. Harborside’s founder and executive director Steve DeAngelo has the mission of providing the best possible product to his diverse client base of patients while using his business to educate the rest of the country about the full regulation and taxation of medicinal cannabis. When California voters passed the Compassionate Use Act of 1996 legalizing medicinal cannabis, it ignited a national firestorm while providing an opening for a whole new kind of health care business.

Weed Wars is a unique inside look at the medical cannabis issue. You’ll get a rare view of the business and its challenges from the perspective of both distributors and the patients they serve. You’ll meet folks who have switched careers in mid-life to take advantage of this swing in holistic medicine. Weed Wars pulls back the curtain for the first time on the day-to-day workings of a world that few viewers have ever seen.

Weed Wars Premieres Thursday, December 1 at 10PM E/P

weed-wars-brothers-306x248.jpg

Discovery Breaks New Ground With Weed Wars : Discovery Channel

The more mainstream cannabis becomes, the closer to legalization!

It's sad that their are still people in the US that consider marijuana an elicit substance. Why can't I get folks to understand the importance of this plant to my over-all well being? I have family members that support me 100% and others that think I am a delusional drug addict. Some of my folks would rather see me on oxycontin or still abusing alcohol than to give one moments consideration to my use of marijuana. I's very frustrating. I am glad to see that the Discovery channel is helping to open peoples eyes.

I remember going to Harbor Side years ago when I first got into MC. Couldn't find the place till I found the address in giant numbers of the address painted on the side of their building. You had to know what you were looking for to find it lol.

I remember the great personable staff telling me at one point of the intro tour, "and this is where you can get acupuncture/message." Blew my mind. The who place is a mind blower, and take it from me, once the C.C.A.C. fell, this was the place to get medication in the late 00's.

Rep the O.C.B.C., Rep. Danville on the other side of the hills. It's nice to see old memories on the TV.

Back
Top Bottom