Discuss Crop King Seeds Germination and Growing

You should use cups like this with holes made in the bottom for drainage and filled with the growing media you are using. or any plastic cup of that size that are not clear plastic so the light does not reach the roots. The problem with have the 3 seeds in the one pot is with the rapid growth of cannabis the roots will get tangled with each other and could cause a lot of damage or kill the plant when they need transplanting and have to be pulled apart. It would be best to prepare cups like in the pic with holes for drainage and filled with grow media wet the soil but don't soak it. Then make a small hole in the soil and then carefully with a tablespoon locate each seed and scoop out very carefully with the spoon and put in the hole, take great care not to damadge the tap root
red-solo-cup.jpg

Well these are auto flowering so from what I understand they will grow pretty quickly correct? And then once they grow, and I harvest, I don't plan on transplanting them, I was just going to grow them in the pot and that's it. I don't have any other pots. If you are saying I should buy three smaller pots and then put each seedling into the smaller pots, I can do that. But I definitely have to be careful scooping them out of the pot. It's a pretty big pot and they are spaced pretty well, are you sure I can't do it this way for the first go around?

Your pot is about a gallon and a half, one plant will outgrow that before it reaches maturity, For a full grow of one plant, you would need 1 three gallon pot. My plants are 35 days old and already out grew gallon pots. Is there a Dollar Store in your area cheap place to buy decent cheap pots and those cups in the picture, or do you have any 5 gallon buckets kicking around you could transplant into after they outgrow their first pot.

I live near a dollar store and plenty of home depot / lowe's. Do you think i should just move the seedlings now, or should i wait until they at least sprout so i know where they are? Then how would i take them out of the pot, would i scoop them out with a big spoon or something and then put them into their own pots?

This sucks that I didn't know this before. nothing online said to only have one seed per pot, i thought it was ok to have multiple seeds per pot as plenty of people have posted that they have been growing this way and it works fine.

Best to move the seeds now with a big table spoon and into their own pots, I ended up having to dig my plants up when they were about 3 inches and they are quite fragile and hard to do without any damage to the plant, I would do it now, it will save a lot of aggravation. The big thing with too small of a pot you end up with a root bound plant. Roots love lots of room.
20160704_191429.jpg
This is the type of pot I transplanted mine into after my mistake and they were starting to get root bound on day 23. so then they went into their outdoor bed.

Here is a good article on Autofems and starting them off in a 3 gallon pot with the kind of cups I showed you, let me know how you make out.

The key to getting a successful harvest from autoflowers is SIZE

A true autoflowering strain has a pre programmed lifespan: from the moment the seed cracks to the day she dies the age is indeed pre-destined ... therefore more than any other type of cannabis the vegative growth is critical to the end yield

So here are our 10 top tips for successfully growing autoflowers

Size of Pot

Even for dwarf autos you need to be using a 3 gallon pot to give the plant enough space to develop a good rootball.

2. A good light mix

A nice light mix such as 50:50 coco:perlite is best as it makes sure you get a good wet-dry cycle.

3. AVOID OVERWATERING AT ALL COSTS

4. Give NO NUTRIENTS AT ALL until the autoflowering cannabis plant has developed 4 nodes. The dose should only be introduced gradually and in increments.

5. Continue vegetative feed until ALL upward growth stops. The auto will have started flowering before this happens (in a 9-10 week auto, you would expect to continue using veg nutes until week 6)

6. Ensure the genetic material (that's technical talk for Cannabis Seeds guys!) that you start off with is of good, well bred and viable stock. Check what other growers are / have been growing and how well the strain did.

7. For maximum grams (oz) / foot, make sure you have 16 dwarf/short autos in a 4 ft x 4 ft (1.2m x 1.2m) area

8. Go easy on the nutes. Generally less is better in most cases.

9. Don't give them too much light to start with. Go for a low watt fixture for seedling growth, increasing the amount of light as the plant develops.

and that brings us to top tip no 10 in our how top grow autoflowering cannabis guide

10. Autos don't appreciate being transplanted:

They just don't have time to recover from transplant shock in their mad dash from seed to harvest. So don't do it! Either sow the auto seed direct into their 3 gallon pot or better still, follow the direction below:

Cut the bottom off a "party cup" or 7-10cm pot.
Place 2″ of damp coco:perlite in the bottom of a 3 gallon pot
Fill the larger, 3 gallon pot with coco-perlite (dry)
Bury the "party cup" or 7-10cm pot half way down in the 3 gallon pot. Fill this with coco-perlite too.
Now plant your germinated seedling into the party cup and water in as usual.
When you water your autoflowering seedling (and remember no.3 above!!) make sure you water ONLY in the small pot for the first 10-14 days. This will ensure that the seedling gets the water it requires (and depending on its age, the nutes too).
In the meantime the auto's tap root will hunt downwards with accelerated growth hunting out the damp layer of coco-perlite it just knows exists at the bottom of the 3 gallon pot. The tap root sends out a vast network of smaller fine root hairs also looking for this source of water.
autoflower growing tips

Result?

This method of growing autos pushes your autoflowering plant to develop a highly developed root system that will accelerate root growth (and thereby maintain larger plant growth) during the first few weeks of its life.

It also avoids transplant shock which, given an auto's automatic race towards harvest, it cannot recover from naturally.

So there we have it, the Growers Guide's top tips to maximising your yield from autoflowers. Avoid the lollipop effect of tiny autos that produce one joint per plant and really discover the simplicity of autoflowering growing!

Source: Growers Guide

This friggin' saga continues ... 3 more duds! I've done this many times in past years and the seeds take off like weeds with my tap water and I never have a problem until now with my first batch of Crop King seeds. And I have a hydroponic machine that can handle 4 plants. I can't afford electric for 3 months for only one plant which is why I don't germinate one at a time. I try 3 at a time. I only have a 6 mos window to grow where I live, so forget two harvests this season trying to get these White Widow seeds to germinate.

I don't live in the US or Canada and you wouldn't believe the time and money involved getting Crop King Seeds here (they know the stories) ... only to have the first 10 turn to mush. # 9 & 10 started a tap root and I put them in rock wool 3 days ago. I see this morning they have also turned to mush. The rock wool was not sitting in excess water, but it was moist.

Today I'm pulling out a new strain. All my new seeds from Crop King
image1815.jpeg
are feminized. I've never used them before. Any difference germinating them? I am determined to get thru these simple steps and start some beautiful plants !

Are you using PH 5 water? ive never losed anything with PH 5 water and some B1 nutrients for the start.

Thank you crop king. I was skeptical but took a leap of faith and you came through. Ordered haze, trainwreck, and Dwarf Low Flyer. Started with 3 DWF. Followed instructions to the T. 18 hrs in water than paper towels. All three opened the next day and have 1/8 roots. I think in morning i can put in soil. I'm so excited.

I just ordered feminized dark angel last week and wanted to know how much light and how long for veg and flowering stage.
also wanted to know when i germinate them and there is a tap root and I put it into soil does it have to stay in complete darkness for a while?
I have 6000k cfls 6 of them i wanted to know since there is almost no heat generated by the bulbs, how close can i keep the lights to the plant.

do you have any links for growing the dark angel strain. I have a lot of questions that i need answered as i am a first timer.

thanks

I'm about to start a small grow with Feminized White Widow and Green Crack using 5gal bubble buckets with GH farmkit drip rings added and air stones in the buckets. I will do 2 tents with 2 buckets per tent, 1 tent per strain. I'm going to use 1 Mars Reflector 192 LED light per tent. Tents are 4' x 3' x 6.5'. I also have an 8" fan for ventilation if needed. If all goes well, I will clone each strain and buy a 3rd tent setup identical to the other two for mothers. Does this sound like a good starting point? I have seen many nutrient feed charts and read through the forums and will use either Botanicare or GH Flora series plus Z7 since I have both of these on hand from my vegetable grows.

Also, since I am a DV (Disabled veteran), my thought processes are not always so great so I have a few questions so as to not waste my expensive seeds:

When germinating using the Crop King approved method, at what point of sprout growth does week 1 (Clone / Seedling) on the nutrient charts begin? Is it when the 2nd node first appears, or is Step 5 (Transplanting) on the CK Germination instructions the start of that week? I know this seems like a silly question but seeds are expensive and hard to get where I live.

It says not to use rockwool to germinate, but once germinated is it ok to place the new sprout in rockwool before putting in the bubbler, or is there a better method?

I really need to get this going for med purposes...traditional meds have not worked and I need some sleep some day...

Thanks

Yes, I'm new to this forum and a recent customer of "King" no seeds yet and I don't see much here on Germinating instructions. I have seen the other methods most notably in distilled water till tap root is prominent. Paper towel seems a little too old school but I would like to follow the suppliers recommendations for their product. Want to be certain.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Kyle for being one heck of a guy. I cant believe the customer service I got today. I had a issue with germination rates on some seeds I had bought. The rep that sold me said seeds gave me the phone number to Crop King. I was told to call kyle right away. Well today is Christmas, kyle answered the phone on Xmas!! After a short discussion kyle agreed to send me a new pack of seeds. Not only that but told me there was a Crop king outlet just a few blocks from my house. Cant get better than that customer service. Crop king earned a loyal customer today. Merry Xmas Kyle. And Thank you so very much!

Back
Top Bottom