Discuss Crop King Seeds Germination and Growing

20171019_132532.jpg
20171022_214610.jpg
20171022_214608.jpg

I've had fantastic results with CKS. My old grow journal is in my sig . And I just started a new grow which I have started a journal in progress. ITs Candy Cane auto. Anyway. I do not use the CKS method of startup. I use rapid rooters. I will post pics. I think you may have moved the too early. And as far as growth goes . My signature growth NYC Diesel auto. Was a slow starter . Shit it took 6 month to harvest . But it was 14 oz. Dry.. And I grow hydro also . But I still use the rooter plugs.

I have some CC autos on Day 11 now. I don't use their method of germination either; way too much loss of seeds. I just stick the dry seeds directly into the soil and let them go.

I have some NYC Diesels for later in the winter, but if they are like you say they are, I may use them next spring instead.

Hi guys. Just germinated CKS Auto Train Wreck and have a couple of questions. First I was told that AF seeds dont like to be transplanted so should be planted in their permanent home wich for me is a 3Gal pot. I put little seed in the center of pot. My question is how much should I water at the start?

just enough water to keep the area around and a bit below the seed before it starts to grow. then as it develops water the area further away from the seedling/ small plant. do not soak the whole pot.

My first time buying and growing, waiting on the delivery of my Original Blueberry. I've read over the germination recommendations and I've been reading over the forum posts for the last while, but I still have a bunch of questions.

I don't plan on making a "hot room" for the plants as they grow; we use a wood furnace and the house fluctuates around 20-26C (68-80f). Our house is also south facing with large bay windows, getting plenty of sunlight. Is it better to get direct or indirect sunlight?

For soil I'm looking at getting some Pro-Mix Organic Veg and Herb. Should I look at mixing in anything else??
Starting in small pot then working up to 1 gal, then three gal.

I'm getting 5 seeds, but only planning on growing two at the moment. How should the other seeds be stored?

I'll be posting plenty of photos from germination to harvest.

Just completed NYC diesel form crop king . my review is the plant stayed small but hade a vary good smell I got 5 ounces off of the plant dry sorry for no pics but I feel that crop king didn't live to its potential I've grown seed supreme with very good luck crop king was good and Dutch passion amazing now I'm on to superior seed co I've received tangerine dream critical purple and blueberry all auto flowers from first experience I'm happy with shipping and stealth now on to the grow we are only 1 week old I'll keep things updated

Brand new member here. I live in Nova Scotia and will be planting outside in the spring and was wondering when I should germinate and start my seeds? I don't have lighting system or anything. I always purchased and planted clones, this is the first time I'm growing from seed and I'd like to have healthy plants at least 8" tall before I plant them outside. Thanks in advance!

I purchased Candy Cane -AF and Afghani regular. Unfortunately, all of my Afghani 'maled' on me, and CKS was nice enough to compensate for it (I'll be contacting them today). I'm at the harvest stage (Two are in darkness, the other will go in on the weekend), and here's my review on the Candy Cane. I'm sorry I don't have photos, but I don't have the means to do it right now.
  • I germinated all four CC's and all four sprouted in plastic cups filled w/ regular water.
  • Planted them in 50/50 CoCo and Perlite, with a layer of hydroton 1/3rd from the bottom for drainage (I'm doing it by hand, so pouring to run off is important to me).
  • Using all NA ingredients, including Bud Candy, Overdrive, and their flushing agent Sensi-Cal
  • Two lights totally 2500 in a 4x4x80 tent, w/ filter, fans, etc
I had no issues with the grow of the CC. I even missed three days in a row because I ran out of calcium and the Sensi-grow A + B (I ordered it thru Amazon, but our area is having issues with UPS doing their job), but I had some leftover Humboldt to tide me over. Any other problems were so minor that it was easily fixed and not worth mentioning.
  1. Plant #1 grew taller than expected for an AF, started out smelling like candy, but settled into a sticky, piney, citris scent - dense
  2. Plant #2 grew short and bushy, with a slight candy smell, no piney citris, w/ lots of popcorn (I got tired of stripping it down), not very sticky - not quite as dense
  3. Plant #3 I decided to scrog at last minute because i could see it was seeing the popcorn issue coming up like plant #2, except a little more piney, even less candy - stickier.
  4. Plant #4 grew like plant #1, but heavy grape candy smell with sticky, tight colas, but not as dense.
So what happened here? Seeds went into different directions, and each one was treated the same way (except for the one I scrogged, of course). I've read a few posts on CKS where people had the same experience with other strains. Is this a CKS thing, or is it normal to get different strains 'within' a strain? I'd also like to try another seed store this year as well.

Brand new member here. I live in Nova Scotia and will be planting outside in the spring and was wondering when I should germinate and start my seeds? I don't have lighting system or anything. I always purchased and planted clones, this is the first time I'm growing from seed and I'd like to have healthy plants at least 8" tall before I plant them outside. Thanks in advance!
HI, seed to 8" should take about a month with enough lite. Get a Sunblaster mini greenhouse from peavey mart ($49.00), sow them into preform peat pots in sunshine #4 mix after germinating to Crop Kings instruction, and as soon as the roots come out the side transplant to 1 gallon pots and ditch the greenhouse cover and add more light, like a small 24" led grow lite or more sunblasters.

Well, 46 days in and I am quite happy with my Crop King purchase. I bought Original Skunk and Blueberry. Germination was 5 out of 5 for the Skunk, and 4 out of 5 for the Blueberry. Two of the Blueberry were quite stunted 2 weeks in so I had to cull those, and I choose the best 3 Skunks to keep. Overall the Blueberry is a bit slow to start but after 45 days it seems to have caught up a bit. The leaves are markedly different than the Skunk, and a Kush variety I got from a bag! One of the Skunks has stretched out versus the other two, not sure if its genetic variation, or a male.

Back
Top Bottom