Discuss Crop King Seeds Germination and Growing

Also wanted to add that I keep her under a fluorescent light at night and then on the window sill during the day both areas are almost consistently 24C but there is fresh air by the window which is not yet available under the flourescent light

Here she is now exactly 80 hours from when she first touched water
image34889.jpg

I'll thrilled to announce that after changing strains from CK White Widow to CK Super Silver Haze two of the 3 seeds germinated with no problems like my seeds usually do !! Yea! The brown SSH one in my earlier photo was, in fact, a dud, but the other two are gonna make me happy.

So I guess I need to talk to Crop King since 10 out of 10 WW were mush .... and 2 out of 3 SSH worked. Ratio of 2-13 not good!!
image2050.jpeg

Hi Rosie

I hope not to sound out of my league but I think germinating seeds this way damages the roots:( at least for me have a look at my post and tell me what you think? At least try one sees my way and if it works then you know if it doesn't well I don't think that will happen. Roots don't like to be exposed to light plant th as soon as you get tap root (cracked seed showing white tap root) 24 hours maximum. Also roots like to stick to something so opening and closing the paper towel destroys small hairs they are better left alone planted and not checked on every 12 hours you should see first two leaves after two days planted the paper towel method is too slow and I bet the plant will stunt because it doesn't like being disturved hope this helps good luck

the method with the highest germination rate when using purple kush that i have found is as follows,

1. soak the seeds in a glass of warm rain water in the dark and on a heat mat for 1-2 days until tap root shows, the temperature of the water should be about 23C-25C the heat mat will help keep the water warm however if it is already warm you can do without a heat mat

2. place seeds in well rinsed and PH'ed coco or rock wool starter cubes, place cubes under hps about 1 foot away, you can also start feeding a light amount of rooting additive at this point, after 1-2 days the seedlings will be big enough to transplant into small pots or plastic cups

3. after a few days to a week of feeding root additive the plant should be big enough to start feeding a light mix of nutes and additives
(note i am using root additive quite early, this is because coco lacks nutes that a plant in soil would have access to early on, because of this do not follow my guide unless you intend to use coco)

following those steps i have had a 100% germination/survival rate, when planting straight into coco growth seems to take a lot longer and the germination/survival rate is closer to 80%

pictures taken today, purple kush day 17 flower
DSC_001476.JPG
DSC_001769.JPG
DSC_001578.JPG
DSC_001674.JPG
DSC_001865.JPG
DSC_001955.JPG
DSC_002064.JPG
DSC_002158.JPG
DSC_002264.JPG
DSC_002364.JPG
DSC_002463.JPG
DSC_002564.JPG

Hi, I'm new to 420 yet old to growing. Don't do much on auto flower but you might want to try and move light higher away from plants to cause them to reach up toward the lights. That might work. Do you still have under a canopy? Take it off. Check your roots if you can, more white root quicker plant go, also might want to oxygenate the nutrients/water and have abundance of fresh air going in. This should help. Light distance should be your first concern.

OK ... took out 3 Super Silver Haze seeds and put them into 5.5 Ph bottled water. One was brown and it sunk to the bottom within a minute. hmmmm. I'd be thrilled if I could get 2 going! I'll take them out of water first thing in the morning.

And I've used Costco's Kirkland for my thick paper towels. I smelled them last time and wondered if I smelled any purfume. So I used napkins this last time and at least got a tap root. Anyone know about Kirkland paper towels?
image1818.jpeg

Why are you PHing your water to 5.5? I always use 7 and never had a problem. After germ and once in soil I start PHing. I guess there are a ton of different ways to do it.

OK CKS and anyone else who wouldn't mind chiming in on my question.

On 11/6/15 I dropped 7 Crop King WW's (Fem) into a glass of water and 4pm PST, 8 hours later I gave all the seeds a gentle push to the bottom of the glass. At 10am the next day (18 hours after dropping seeds) I put them into damp paper towels on a heating pad on low and put in a dark place. On Monday 11/9 exactly 72 hours after dropping the seeds in water they all had tails around 1/2" So I placed the seedlings in FF light warrior soil and put them under my seedling/starter light (sunblaze 22 T5). 24 hours later (Tuesday) 1 baby broke the soil. Later that night 1 more for a total of 2. 48 hours later (Wens) all girls were out and up. Wen and Thursday the grew as I would expect any other seedling to grow but I noticed that sometime Thursday afternoon they just stopped growing.
As of now they are all around 1 3/4" All 7 made it through germ.

Friday, 7 days after dropping the seeds in water they seemed to have stalled. So my question is should I be concerned or is this just a trait of White Widow feminized? Reason I ask is I have started many of seed as described above in the same exact conditions and never saw a stall like this. Right now the girls are 6" away from the light and temp is 75 degrees and the RH is around 45.

Thank you in advance for any input. Here is just one pic off my bag seed mystery plant that was started same way. She is entering week 7 and suffering from flushing but the buds are frosting nicely.

DSCN081110.JPG

Alright then... Now it's time to give a shout to crop king seeds. After my blunder on germination of my first attempt at their northern lights auto, I've been so grateful to have received an additional 5 seeds to replace my failed ones. These guys are great, no nonsense customer service and amazing results. I've now gone 3 for 3 on Sprouting my NLA's . In pots and growing fast. Thanks for everything cks. Possible grow journal entry coming.

Alright then... Now it's time to give a shout to crop king seeds. After my blunder on germination of my first attempt at their northern lights auto, I've been so grateful to have received an additional 5 seeds to replace my failed ones. These guys are great, no nonsense customer service and amazing results. I've now gone 3 for 3 on Sprouting my NLA's . In pots and growing fast. Thanks for everything cks. Possible grow journal entry coming.

You're welcome. We are glad that you are successful with germination now. Keep it up. We are looking forward to your grow journal.

Here is a photo of my two Jack Herer auto's. One was lst'd and topped, the other had a few fan leaves trimmed. 31 days old.

Grow_3_JHA_J1-j2_31_daysa.JPG

Wow. You are good at pictures, eh. Good looking plants there.

I recently purchased 10 of the purple kush and will be growing them with a COB Led hydroponic set up. I was wondering what are the approximate target times for each of the stages, (veg-flow)? Also are there any notorious characteristic indicators of maturity associated with this particular strain? Thank you kindly in advance for your time and help.

UPDATE: Surprised the "King" didn't at least chime in or have anything to say at all in regards to a question asked about their seeds.

Anyway they are know a little over 3 weeks and they are now in #3 smart pots. They are growing like crazy. Guess the lengthened stall
was just them babies getting a good foothold before they exploded.
DSCN09877.JPG
DSCN09877.JPG

10days old going into a 1 gallon. They out grew that pot in 10 days. Today the just went into the smart pots.

CK

I have all of your fem seeds except the newer ones you just released. I want to know what strain you would recommend to grow first ? I want my first harvest of this to be a larger yield and and high thc. I would like this run to be around 8 to 9 weeks I was thinking dark angel but want to know your opinion. I run 2 1000 watt DE HPS and 2 LEC 315s in a current culture style hydro system running 10, 6 gal buckets with all advanced nutrients products and Co2 in a 8x8 area. What are your thoughts and recommendation

Recently purchased some early miss auto seeds and decided to germinate one following the included instructions to a T. Soaked in water for 15 hours then in a wet paper towel for 5 days before the seed split open exposing the edge of the white tap root. Let the seed sit in the paper towel for 3 more days and nothing happened. So I decided to put it into some wet PROMIX seed starting soil.

The pot is ontop of a seedling pad set to 75* and there are some t5 lights above for a bit of warmth.

If it doesn't sprout within a few days I'm calling it a dud.

Is there anything I should do different to ensure the next seed doesn't do the same?

We've been following the Crop King Seeds germination instructions exactly as well and have had 9 of 11 successfully germinate and sprout. Every one that was successful was showing a noticeable tap root by the second day in the paper towel, with only two going three days.

Then we tried our pack of White Widow feminized seeds. First one was exactly as you describe. Got it cracked but it never rooted. The second one showed a tap root and sprouted, but with a single cotyledon and no growth point. After 4 days of doing nothing we pulled her out. She had grown about an inch long root, but with nothing on top that's where it ended.

So excluding the WW pack, we're at 100%, including it drops the percentage down to 82%. Still not bad, but it took the WW out of our current grow. Even if we'd gotten a third attempt to sprout, it'd be a pain to deal with being 3 weeks behind everything else.

Did you manage to get the seed to sink during the 15+ hours it was in the cup of water? We've managed to get them all so far, but we obsessed over it when all we had growing was our excitement.

Recently purchased some early miss auto seeds and decided to germinate one following the included instructions to a T. Soaked in water for 15 hours then in a wet paper towel for 5 days before the seed split open exposing the edge of the white tap root. Let the seed sit in the paper towel for 3 more days and nothing happened. So I decided to put it into some wet PROMIX seed starting soil.

The pot is ontop of a seedling pad set to 75* and there are some t5 lights above for a bit of warmth.

If it doesn't sprout within a few days I'm calling it a dud.

Is there anything I should do different to ensure the next seed doesn't do the same?

Hi, Sascwatch, my fellow Canadian!

My first grow was CKS Early Miss (and I've just smoked some, heh heh heh) so she has a very special place in my heart :) I also massively screwed up the germination of my first two seeds, so, although I'm not an experienced grower, I have a pretty good idea what I did wrong and have successfully done it right twice now :)

Most of the suggestions given by CKS are great, but I'd note a few refinements, based on my own experience.

1. Soaking is good -- make sure that they're in the dark (a cupboard, whatever) -- up to 18 hours. Even if they don't sink, don't worry.

2. Put them in a moist paper towel, not a wet one. The first reason the tap root extends from the seed is to search for water. If our paper towel is too wet, they don't have to search and the tap root won't extend. I did that to my first two seeds :( So instead of pouring the whole glass of water you've been soaking your seeds in into that towel, just pour a little. Moist to the touch, not sopping wet.

3. Make sure that the seeds are kept warm and dark at this point, during germination. I've had consistent success with putting the moist paper towel with the seeds between two plates, with a normal lightbulb trained right at the top plate. This keeps them warm and dark and moist. My first two seeds I didn't keep warm and they died :( I'm sure you could just put your saucers on top of your seedling pad, but I've only tried the light bulb thing myself.

4. Once you have a tap root, put the seed very carefully into your seed starting soil - try not to touch the tap root at all. At that point, yeah, keep it a little humid, warm and don't drown it :) Again, it wants moist soil, so the root has to go in search of moisture.

All my very best to you! Let me know if I can help!

Thanks for the tips, went up and looked tonight. Moved a bit of soil and immediately saw two green leaves that should emerge anytime. Loosely covered them back up and watered a bit.

Thanks for the tips, went up and looked tonight. Moved a bit of soil and immediately saw two green leaves that should emerge anytime. Loosely covered them back up and watered a bit.

What you just did was potentially stress the tappy. NEVER, dig in search of your seedlings. Just take a deep breath, relax and allow them to come up on their own.. It's either they pop up or don't. No need to dig in after them. They will do their job, if not, you germie another seed. ;) Remember this for your next grow. You might (depending on how you did it) get some curling in the leafs now cause of the disturbance/stress it went under while you where digging it out. Nothing serious, just a little tip. for next time.:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom