Distance from light to plant

KushGod

Hello to all my fellow growers.

I'm currently an outdoor grower but my new Mars Hydro 300watt full spec LED light arrives today and I've never used LED before so my question is this.....

What distance should be between light and plant at the plants various stages of life? Distance between light and plant in the early seedling stages, the vegetative stage and the flower stage? What's the correct distance from LED to plant tops throughout those grow phases?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Off their website:

Seedling: 24'' Germination: 24''-30'' Veg: 18''-24'' Flower: 12''-18''

Start with the higher numbers and work your way down slowly depending on how plants react (stretching too much too far, etc...).

Worried I'm screwed, waited too long to switch to 12/12 (this is my 2nd attempt at a 1st grow), running out of room with top of plant at 18" from light and no room to raise it further. Kind Led manual says 12" max, so that leaves only 6 inches to grow. You may be able to see I've got the tallest stem pulled to the side hoping to help, is this a good idea? Any other advice would be appreciated!
IMG_84015.JPG

Worried I'm screwed, waited too long to switch to 12/12 (this is my 2nd attempt at a 1st grow), running out of room with top of plant at 18" from light and no room to raise it further. Kind Led manual says 12" max, so that leaves only 6 inches to grow. You may be able to see I've got the tallest stem pulled to the side hoping to help, is this a good idea? Any other advice would be appreciated!

How long it been in Flower? They might not stretch much and just fill out, least for me they didn't stretch a lot when I ran out of height room for my light as they seem to know how close they can get or where they are happy at. But that all in my limited experience as only been growing for a year now.

3-4 weeks in is when they quit stretching for me and just focused on filling out the flowers, may just be my plants were weird/not normal ;) :rofl: But either way you will have something to base your next grow on far as when to throw into Flower (unless you change strains/pot size/growing medium/etc... then that can all go out the window ;) ).

Try to get a PAR meter my friend. That will solve your problem and in bonus allow you to put it to the perfect distance! Sunny day is over 1500 par so you can go till that value especially for Sativas that are used to bright sunny day outdoor in nature. Otherwise most people try to reach 1000 PAR as some studies say that above this value isn't interesting as the power used doesn't give more yields. I d say try at least to have 1000. Hope it helped

Hi KushGod. Here is our recommendation for the lighting distance: ;)
- During seedling: 24~30'' above the plants, since the seeds are fragile and don't need too much light. You can also higher the distance if you want.
- During veg: 18~24'' above the plants
- During flowering: 12~24'' above the plants.
Adjust the height according to your plants' feedback. :)

- During seedling: 24~30'' above the plants, since the seeds are fragile and don't need too much light. You can also higher the distance if you want.
Thank you for the info.

Thanks for this!! Had to refresh my recollection, and my search sent me to your expertise.. Thanks!

Thanks for this!! Had to refresh my recollection, and my search sent me to your expertise.. Thanks!
Thank you very much for your trust! I am so glad that you like our lights, hopefully they will help you grow great result, if you have any question or needs, just feel free to tag me here or PM me. :D

Thank you very much for your trust! I am so glad that you like our lights, hopefully they will help you grow great result, if you have any question or needs, just feel free to tag me here or PM me. :D
Hi sara! How do I get my journal on your list. I am running the TSW3000 and loving it!

I'm no expert by a long shot so take my advice as that... amateur
I've read somewhere that a good way to tell how close your light is or should be is to hold your hand at the tops under the light and you can feel where you're at as far as temps and being comfortable and the such.

I thought that was one of the better pieces I've read.

I'm no expert by a long shot so take my advice as that... amateur
I've read somewhere that a good way to tell how close your light is or should be is to hold your hand at the tops under the light and you can feel where you're at as far as temps and being comfortable and the such.

I thought that was one of the better pieces I've read.
Not just your hand but the underside of your wrist where the skin is most sensitive.

Hi sara! How do I get my journal on your list. I am running the TSW3000 and loving it!
I'm glad to put your journal in my signature, please send me the link, I will add it soon:Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom