Distorted perception vs. awareness of self

onwi

Distorted perception VERSUS awareness of self​

As many of you well might know (i gess if u experience the same effects of cannabis as i do) that after the peak and the high and/or the day after, the way things around you look are definitely different. Different compared to the way things look after a couple months of sobering up.

I was thinking last night in bed (high:headbanger:) that perhaps instead of this being an distortion of visual perception as an after-effect of the thc chemical in your brain altering chemicals, electrical msgs being sent across synapses etc., that perhaps its a sense of spiritual enlightenment. albeit an extremely extremely mild one.

perhaps the greater visual dissociation with the physical reality that surrounds us is, in fact, a greater awareness of oneself and one's existence. although i often confused this with less attachment to reality and less grounded than i would 'soberly' be, perhaps its in some way an access to a greater personal reality. at least until you get 'sormal' again.

Do you think its "just the drugs", or is there really some sort of spirituality attached to this?

NB.
'soberly': normally = high / soberly = not high
'sormal': normal = high / sormal = not high

IMO cannabis, shrooms, and certain other plants growing naturally on Earth are very spiritual and can be so enlightening when used in the right setting and with the right people. Shamans all over the planet have used natural plants since the beginning of time and have used the knowledge gained to guide others into a higher state of being/thinking. If I were queen of the world, I would have an "Intro to Magic Substances 101" class for all young adults. Recreational use has caused the spiritual magic to fall by the wayside. IMO :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMO cannabis, shrooms, and certain other plants growing naturally on Earth are very spiritual and can be so enlightening when used in the right setting and with the right people. Shamans all over the planet have used natural plants since the beginning of time and have used the knowledge gained to guide others into a higher state of being/thinking. If I were queen of the world, I would have an "Intro to Magic Substances 101" class for all young adults. Recreational use has caused the spiritual magic to fall by the wayside. IMO :cheesygrinsmiley:

wow. that sounds pretty cool. hopefully i can achieve some sort of that in my life.
thanks for reply julianne :)

Why do you think all those hippies were taking acid? Why do you think Salvia Divornum translates as "diviners sage'? Why do you think certain Native American tribes involved themselves in the ritual use of peyote (mescaline)?

There is a long lineage of organic drug use in the course of human history, extending over many cultural, intelectual, and political boundries. The obvious idea is that a naturally occuring drug is a gift from a higher power and actually makes use more "self aware" then we could ever hope to muster in an unintoxicated state. However, these days, there is a fine line between using a drug for spiritual purposes and using it recreationally.

I think using marijuana for spiritual purposes can be very helpfull. However this should not mean that it should not be used recreationally.

Also, I think a "class" in spiritual and recreational use could be really helpfull for alot of people.

EDIT: forgot to answer the initial post :p
Though I believe that marijuana can be used spiritually, I don't think the after-effects should be classified as such. It's just not safe to do so. You might make certain conclusions based on what really might be just detachment.

wow. that sounds pretty cool. hopefully i can achieve some sort of that in my life.
thanks for reply julianne :)

I have a feeling you will :smokin: and probably sooner than later... I think Julianne probably knows. Just remember to keep your intentions good, and the universe will sort out the rest.....
pm me if you want absolute truth, but remember the spiderman analogy. lol the one about great resposibility....

~krispp

spirtual in deed. I feel that marijuana, ***********are here as almost a book of knowledge, or a guiding hand. Marijuana defentialy being the most mild, but is defentialy a useful tool for after your experience to reexperience what you've learned.

:peace:

spirtual in deed. I feel that marijuana, ********** are here as almost a book of knowledge, or a guiding hand. Marijuana defentialy being the most mild, but is defentialy a useful tool for after your experience to reexperience what you've learned.

:peace:

"Spiritual" is definately not dead in fact i think its GREATLY growing. Its just hard to judge how much becuase "spiritual" is such a diverse subject and it encompases so many things, you cant just search one term in google for example to find all the information. but search, new age or 2012 or aliens or religion, youll get tens of millions of results for each one. Look for example on TV and see the influx of tv psychic's, readers, channelers, etc etc...

I think spirituality is splitting between so many ideas and terms and religions, which all boil down to one reality and all are therefor, at least in many aspects "true".

To see what i mean, i highly recomend watching the biginning of zeitgeist, but dont take the fact that they(the religions he's talking about) are all similar to mean what the narrator beleives... that they are all fakes. In fact ask yourself WHY are they all similar?? BTW the first 5 mins of the movie is all intro, and pretty greusome stuff, if your baked you may not wanna see that stuff. And if you wanna get right into part one (religion) it starts at 9:30.

The one thing i gotta say again tho, is i 100% beleive that there is a higher truth than what that guy beleives, and if you think about it it makes sense then, that all religion is based on one truth and resembles each other( though some i think have been seriously deformed and changed over time ie christianity ). I linked to this because what it does have is plenty of accurate FACT, but the opinion is i think totally opposite of reality.

I will also be posting a thread withsome REAL eye opening info. If you thought zeitgeist was crazy, its not even the tip of a very HUGE ice berg. :Rasta:

`LOVE AND GOOD SMOKE

btw sorry for the potential derail of the thread

Why do folks keep looking for answers that just are not there for our comprehension. This concept of a God, be it for a catholic or a Zoroastran, is a man made interpretation of a spiritual concept. The written documents to give proof or credence to these Gods is but a written text of that human interpretation. God is like infinity. If there is one you must just accept it, as you do for infinity. How do you define infinity other than saying no end and no beginning. God has no end and no beginning.
The master of my destiny is me. I am at the helm of fate. When I fart the wind blows.
I do not need some abstract human interpretation from another lesser man to me, of a God that is infinitely distant from the reality of my life.
Mate, I wish folks would turn to themselves for the answers. Look where the words of Gods have got the world today. War, famine, pestilence, and hate!!!
Sorry mate, but my time in a Turkish prison taught me that there was no God.

HaHa. I looked within myself and found . . . Her, aka, the Great Mystery. To each her own, I say. If we all knew the answers for sure, then the great game would be no fun. I love this site and everyone's viewpoint.

^^You looked within and found your Goddess. You found release through a personal Higher Power. You looked to yourself and found the wonders of enlightenment. You kept it simple. You kept it honest. That is my kind of enlightenment.
I too have enjoyed the thread. What I take out of this is that answers CAN be found, if you look to yourself for the answers.

Back
Top Bottom