Dive right in, or soil grow first?

CoCo is pretty easy to start, just prep the Coco as needed, water and nutes daily

DWC is easy, but can be a bit finicky to start with, water goopies, bubbles, water levels. Starting in individual 5gal buckets is much easier then RDWC with a rezz

Soil can be real easy with the right soil, wrong soil can be a nightmare

So depending on yer skill level and dedication, it can be pretty easy

my suggestion would be to go with what excites you . me im a hydro guy= dwc,hp aero, coco...the stuff just puts me on full tilt ..but then again I love tweaking things .... as mentioned above coco is a pretty easy start and well it would give you a taste of both soil and hydro ...because you are watering (more than you would with soil, but still watering ) and you are playing with hydroponic nutes for the feed. you will also gain more headroom by going with either coco or soil than any type of hydro system ...anyway hope this helps .

Can we revisit preparing the Coco and i’ll make notes this time
There are a lot of different brands out there...either way to travel down the coco road you will need , coco,calmag,a ph pen and a tds/ec/ppm meter not to mention your choice of pots ...as far as the coco you need to soak it in water and then test the tds /ppm/ec most need several rinses to get those salts out , then you will need to buffer it with cal mag …..do a google search "growing cannabis in coco" or check out cocoforcannabis .

Fuck soil, you need a botany degree to get anywhere with it.
Wouldn't go Coco or hydro iether though. Meet half way and get autopots and fill em with Coco. All the benefits of hydro with none of the drawbacks .
The plants don't feed directly from The Res so it never needs adjusted. Just set it and forget it for a week.
Easiest way to grow by far. The results are on par with any other hydro system too. Just easier. No hand watering, no fixing a reservoir. Literally just fill the Res, make sure the lights aren't burning them and the plants grow themselves.

Fuck soil, you need a botany degree to get anywhere with it.
Wouldn't go Coco or hydro iether though. Meet half way and get autopots and fill em with Coco. All the benefits of hydro with none of the drawbacks .
The plants don't feed directly from The Res so it never needs adjusted. Just set it and forget it for a week.
Easiest way to grow by far. The results are on par with any other hydro system too. Just easier. No hand watering, no fixing a reservoir. Literally just fill the Res, make sure the lights aren't burning them and the plants grow themselves.

Whoa :0) those are some strong feelings about soil :0)

Whoa :0) those are some strong feelings about soil :0)
For a good reason too mate.
Theres 2 answers in hydro.
No1. Feed quarter strength nutes at ph5.8 for veg.
No2. Feed half strength nutes at ph6.2 for bloom.
And thats pretty much all there is to it.
Just fill up a resevoir.
Check it every few days to make sure its not miraculously gained the power of conciousness.
Add the occasional few drops of ph down/up once every 3-4 days.
12 weeks later... done.
Number on the ppm meter goes up, add more water.
Number on the ppm meter goes down, add more nutes.
Number just drops slightly each day, theres the sweet spot.
Keep it there and youll never get any nute issues. The ph will also stay as stable as it can be.
The ph should naturally rise during veg and drop during bloom. 0.1-0.2 psr day is healthy. Any more than that and the nutes are too strong/week.
Keep the nutes the right strength and its literally just a few drops of ph adjustment once a week.
Res change every 10 days.
Cant get much easier than that realy :) (except autopots)

I have to agree with @No Pain . You have to go with what makes you tick and what you understand. I went with dwc from the start because it made sense to me and can work with numbers and the science behind it. I do have to say that the first weeks from seed to a strong seedling you will deal with a lot of things that can quickly kill you plant like root rot or just inexperience. After you make it through it gets easy. I have thought about throwing the towel here and there but hydro is still the best option.

Everyone that I have talked to has suggested me coco to start if you wanna do hydro or hempy buckets with coco. These options are more forgiving and you can learn as you go instead of just diving into dwc. I am starting to do a mix of both dwc and some Coco for seedlings and hempy buckets for some clones coming up.
Good luck! And do lots of reading and research grow journals as they help out a lot!

Back
Top Bottom