DIY 50 site aero cloner for under $100.00

I built this unit a few days ago and it works great. Got it filled with God's Gift.

Now I'd like to build another one to go a whole cycle and have some questions:

1) Will the 2" neoprene collars suffice for the whole grow?

2) How often should I change the water?

3) Any worries of the roots clogging the pump?

4) How many sites would be 'perfect' for a SCrog?

5) Any reasons I should NOT use this setup for a whole cycle. I'd hate to get to day 50 of flower and have something go wrong. :yikes:

I'm new to hydro so sorry for the noob questions. :yummy:

I built this unit a few days ago and it works great. Got it filled with God's Gift.

Now I'd like to build another one to go a whole cycle and have some questions:

1) Will the 2" neoprene collars suffice for the whole grow?

2) How often should I change the water?

3) Any worries of the roots clogging the pump?

4) How many sites would be 'perfect' for a SCrog?

5) Any reasons I should NOT use this setup for a whole cycle. I'd hate to get to day 50 of flower and have something go wrong. :yikes:

I'm new to hydro so sorry for the noob questions. :yummy:

1. Yes
2. Every week
3. No
4. 1 plant per square foot
5. If you choose to grow in this unit make sure you watch your temps. If your temps get above the mid 70's you'll likely have trouble with root rot. Try and keep your res in the 68* range and you'll be fine.

Good luck

Today I set about building a home made aeroponic cloner based on the instructions posted by 420fied. The "EZ Cloner" in the NGW catalog runs 400.00 which is insanely expensive for what it is so building my own seemed like a project that would not be too dificult. The local grow shop I went to did not have a 692 GPH pump (unless I wanted to wait a week to order 1 from the warehouse) so I went with the largest pump on hand which is the ECO 393 (which happens to be the replacement pump for all 3 models of "EZ CLONE" aeroponic cloners as of the 2011 NGW dealer catalog). I am hopeful this pump will give me enough pressure. If not I may need to use less sprayers. The cost of the neoprene collars and 360 degree sprayers were quite expensive. The 360 degree sprayers were being sold for .79 cents a piece. I need about 20-30 of them so I held off on buying them until I can possibly source a cheaper supply somewhere else. Tomorrow I will try to find some cheaper sprayers and get some PVC from the hardware store. Will be nice to make my own clones rather than buying them off someone else.

So today was the day when I built my first DIY cloner. I followed your guide almost exactly except for the fact I used a ECO 396 pump and also by accident I bought a 7/8" hole drill instead of a 1 7/8". I didn't notice until I got home so I will have to return it tomorrow. The store was closed by the time I got back so I won't be able to take my new cloner thru its full paces until tomorrow. Also, rather than buy the .79 cent a piece 360 degree sprayers at the local grow store I bought these different kind of 360 sprayers from the Hardware store. I found them in the drip line and sprinkler replacement parts isle. So, all in all, everything worked out for the best with a few hitches but nothing major. Everything is fabricated except for the neoprene collars which I will have done tomorrow morning. Tomorrow I will take some clones and give an attempt at rooting my first clones with my homebrew propagator. Should save me quite a bit of money in the long run and I am super stoked right now. I spend a ton of money on clones and now should have no problem making my own from mothers i have begun saving. Some of these strains are really good and I would love to preserve some of the genetics going around right now by making my own selfed seeds. I already have produced a gallon of colloidal silver. I'm going off on a tangent here but if anyone is interested I could post a tutorial on creating collidal silver with pictures. Just send me aPM and I can help you turn your favorite "clone only strain" into an IBL line with selfed seeds. Some people frown on cubing other peoples genetics but I am doing this strictly to try to become a better grower.

Finally got the aeroponic cloner built. I went with 45 neoprene collars because I am using a slightly smaller container. None the less I was able to test it out today and with the exception of a few minor glitches I now have a working cloner. Thanks for posting the guide. I hope to start rooting some clones soon. Got to go eat dinner. Peace.

would love to get a link on making the colloidal silver:high-five:

you will need;

12v power source
2 pieces of silver (i use 2 silver quarters)
distilled water
and a container (i use mason jar)

all you need to do is hook up one piece of silver to the negative and one piece to the positive (i drilled holes in the silver quarters i use)

set them halfway in the distilled water

run for 24 hrs or so. and you are done...:goodluck:

collodial_silver.jpg

420fied your journals are awesome! Loved your NFT Scrog and your Sog journal. I'm venturing into my first grow and will be taking clones from a friends outside moms to put in my aero cloner to start my sog. Since your Sog journal is closed, I'll ask you a question here.

I'm planning on using a 600w hps and going straight to 12/12 when the clones root. I will also be using your 2 liter method in a 2x4 space. Is 50 plants a safe number?

Thanks, you're an inspiration!

420fied your journals are awesome! Loved your NFT Scrog and your Sog journal. I'm venturing into my first grow and will be taking clones from a friends outside moms to put in my aero cloner to start my sog. Since your Sog journal is closed, I'll ask you a question here.

I'm planning on using a 600w hps and going straight to 12/12 when the clones root. I will also be using your 2 liter method in a 2x4 space. Is 50 plants a safe number?

Thank you for the kind words. Even though my SOG journal has been moved to the "completed" section, members can still comment in it and I'll still respond.

From your post I gather that you'll be growing in a 2'x4' space under a single 600 watter.

Considering that a 2 liter has a 4 1/2" diameter/footprint you could definitely fit 50 plants in a 2'x4' grow space. However, 50 plants will be a stretch for a single 600 HPS unit as you'd really have to cram them in tight.

30 plants under a single 600 is more realistic.

I wish you the best of luck. May all your buds be dense.

:thanks:

This thread and this cloner are amazing so much respect for sharing with all of us here...:riskybusiness: Thanx man

You are the beauty of simplicity 420fied, but we have a problem. Now I've read all your journals and I dont wanna find a new author. Innovate for us again in a new journal please.

Back
Top Bottom