DIY Air Stone Bubblers? All ideas welcome!

If you don't like any of the (many) devices commonly referred to as "air stones," have you considered an aquarium power head? It'll keep your reservoir constantly mixed, and the Venturi effect pulls in lots of air and "injects"it into the water stream. Simple and effective.

Thats a great Idea TorturedSoul I have thought about those before but figured too much money for the DIY system I have right now, But I am for sure going to use those in a new system when I go to build a RDWC system for my brothers grow.. thanks for the reminder of those! :)

I really suggest ChinaMart (Walmart), for various reasons - but you can probably find a decent one there for just under $25, and it should last for years.

Lmao... Now you have me thinking about if its possible to use hot-tub jets in a DWC system or RDWC system...that would get shit moving and oxygenated!
1566679722292.gif

Sure. You can also spend $180,000 on a brand new dump truck in order to bring a 50-pound bag of sand home from the hardware store.

One or two people in the audience just might consider that to be overkill... too, and just throw the bag into the trunk of their car.

But whatever works for you, I guess.

Sure. You can also spend $180,000 on a brand new dump truck in order to bring a 50-pound bag of sand home from the hardware store.

One or two people in the audience just might consider that to be overkill... too, and just throw the bag into the trunk of their car.

But whatever works for you, I guess.
lol... Overkill, I guess just a wee bit eh haha...

On the other hand, I suppose anything that shoots a strong jet of water, if aimed down into the reservoir from above it, is going to help aerate the liquid in that reservoir, simply by creating a disturbance at the surface interface.

But, yeah, I'd consider it to be overly complicated, potentially messy, etc. Use it if you want to (maybe you have it laying around unused, IDK); there's nothing inherently wrong with such a device, in and of itself.

Just get some inexpensive well reviewed ones on amazon that aren't too big for your air pump. I found a bigger air pump with smallerish stones made for a massive amount of little bubbles which is what you want vs huge bubbles that happen when it's underpowered. Had a top feed with submerged water pump that recirc'd back down but it was not nearly as effective as a really strong air pump feeding a stone inside.

Thanks for the reply Sativuhhh.... but I think people are missing the DIY aspect to my post I know I can grab any type off ebay or amazon or hundred other sites for cheap... I was just curious about the homemade ones , DIY ones, people have invented along the way of scaling up their grows threw the years. :)

Back
Top Bottom