DIY bubble cloner

Mastrmasn

What's going on 420!!

Just recently built a bubble cloner. Simple 5 gallon bucket, air stone and neoprene clone pucks.

Took some cuttings and they all went to shit. Things went limp looked aweful. Threw out 6 cuttings. Tried again and the same thing happened. This time though I was so discouraged I didn't even want to deal with them and just left them in the corner of the tent. We wouldn't you know it over night after about 6 days of looking like death they are all standing straight at attention and looking pretty good all things considered.

Is this something thats normal with bubble cloners? Is there anything I can do to avoid it?

Thanks in advance.

I have great success with my bubble cloner. It sounds like yours has something basic wrong with it, when mine is about 99% successful. Does your have a dome over it to hold in humidity, or at least a couple of holes in the base so that some moisture can leap out to keep the plants humid? Pictures please!
Said they never take any pics, no offense @Mastrmasn but I woulda def took pics for myself.

@Backyardigan I took a long break since my last journal do to buying a new home. I just started up again and it's just a seed feminizing run so I wasn't thinking about pictures. But I guess I should get back in the habit.

I have great success with my bubble cloner. It sounds like yours has something basic wrong with it, when mine is about 99% successful. Does your have a dome over it to hold in humidity, or at least a couple of holes in the base so that some moisture can leap out to keep the plants humid? Pictures please!
Hi @Emilya been a while. I'll post some tonight but the clones are all back to normal.
I basically followed regular cloning methods that have always worked for me accept this time in a bubble cloner. Using straight tap water which in my area is 5.9 PH. Temp is 23C and humidity 65-75 on a daily basis. Lights are 18-6.

Heres a pic. Now this is after 4 days of just being limp and flat on the lid. The one on the left suffered some damage but for the most part bounced right back. These were taken from GDP BD and a bag seed that were revegged after sexing.
IMG_20211209_181159.jpg

You need to make sure that 2 things are true in your bubble cloner:

1. The stems should not get pinched by a wet something (risk of rotting)
2. The stems should be about half an inch at most above the water, making sure that bubbles splash onto them constantly.

In my sig is a journal with a bubble cloner, from taking clone to roots in 11d, looking fresh. Some of the pics of last days illustrate waterlevel and bubble amount as well.

You need to make sure that 2 things are true in your bubble cloner:

1. The stems should not get pinched by a wet something (risk of rotting)
2. The stems should be about half an inch at most above the water, making sure that bubbles splash onto them constantly.

In my sig is a journal with a bubble cloner, from taking clone to roots in 11d, looking fresh. Some of the pics of last days illustrate waterlevel and bubble amount as well.
I'm all good. No pinching and water level is good. They bounce right back after 4-5 days.

Back
Top Bottom