DIY Bud Trimmer

Remystemple

Hey Team!

My brother who's the handy one in the family decided to do an outdoor grow. his plants turned out to be very big and i convinced him that his back couldn't handle a 12 hour night of hand trimming. unless he wanted all his buddies to come and help then dish out an oz each lol.

He decided on the trimmer so i told him to take pics throughout so i can share here.

It's a big shop fan ( $90 ), he's had to get a different blade for it.
IMG_0506.jpgIMG_0507.jpgIMG_0508.jpgIMG_0509.jpg

just got word that the new blade is on and it's spinning in the direction we want. now to see how he works out a catch for the trim.
i'll post some more pics and maybe some vids soon.

For around $100 you can get a very nice hand crank trimmer from the big A... just sayin... love the innovative DIY quest though... hope it works!

the fan is about 2' in diameter tho lol. he's gonna have to wash his buds for sure. so his pieces will be small i guess. but after a spray down of neem oil it's coming to my place. i'm excited to try hang really large pieces for drying, maybe whole plants can be trimmed on it. the size of the trimmer will help.

and the speed it important, both of us suffer from melting discs in out lower backs lol.

Great idea , thank you . I have deteriorating disk disease along with a bunch of other back problems so this will be my next project. At the moment i am making a big dwc cloning tub . I just finished my tent so now i have room . Tent is 9 foot tall , 9 foot wide and 4 foot width . Made for less than $50 :) . Im just rambling on , but thanks again for the idea i cant wait to try it out . I have just started flowering yesterday. My first grow . I have a cherry og and power flower , both monsters already . I topped them both as much as i could , about a dozen times each .

For free you could just run over the buds with your car.

That will utterly ruin your buds.
yeah it didn't work out for him. he also didn't put too much effort in. maybe next summer he'll figure it out.

yeah it didn't work out for him. he also didn't put too much effort in. maybe next summer he'll figure it out.
I thought about something like that :rofl::rofl::rofl: in the long run I bought the 100 dollar popcorn machine looking thingy :thumb:

I thought about something like that :rofl::rofl::rofl: in the long run I bought the 100 dollar popcorn machine looking thingy :thumb:

yup, i'll be getting one i think. the harvest has become something to dread lol. it just takes so long and my back is finished afterwards.

Does the popcorn thingy work? Asking for a friend ...
:Rasta:
wondering the same thing before i buy one. i did see a video and it looked like it works pretty well. also the prices have come down a lot since i started looking at them 6 months ago.

wondering the same thing before i buy one. i did see a video and it looked like it works pretty well. also the prices have come down a lot since i started looking at them 6 months ago.

Yea I have been looking at that or the trim bag thing. Anything to save some time. I have been giving away alot of stuff from our test grows we do. But trimming by hand is really getting old.

Yea I have been looking at that or the trim bag thing. Anything to save some time. I have been giving away alot of stuff from our test grows we do. But trimming by hand is really getting old.

every grow seems to get bigger and better, so every harvest is longer and harder lol. last time it was 2 days of 8 hours each, way too much time, and why i've always tried to plan harvest during a holiday for the extra day off.

every grow seems to get bigger and better, so every harvest is longer and harder lol. last time it was 2 days of 8 hours each, way too much time, and why i've always tried to plan harvest during a holiday for the extra day off.

I hear ya. Yields and qty go up every grow.

I always try to plan the same way. But the kids get first priority so I am stuck triming away through the night lol.

Anything to save time.

I hear ya. Yields and qty go up every grow.

I always try to plan the same way. But the kids get first priority so I am stuck triming away through the night lol.

Anything to save time.

if you get a bowl trimmer, you'll also have to use screens to dry the bud. if you're used to hanging full plants like me that might be hard to get used to.

This baby is about $200 canadian on amazon. you have to cut the buds off and trim a few at a time. probably fast.
handtrimbowl.jpg

then there's this beast. you could pretty much zip the entire plant in a few seconds. then take a few mins to do a little touch up, then hang whole or at least in nice sized branches. about $250 - 300. also electric, so that's a plus.
71jDLKPrCfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

i'll be getting one of these within the next 4-6 weeks, i just haven't decided which one to get.

Does the popcorn thingy work? Asking for a friend ...
:Rasta:
It works as advertised :thumb: I love mine :snowboating:

if you get a bowl trimmer, you'll also have to use screens to dry the bud. if you're used to hanging full plants like me that might be hard to get used to.

This baby is about $200 canadian on amazon. you have to cut the buds off and trim a few at a time. probably fast.
handtrimbowl.jpg

then there's this beast. you could pretty much zip the entire plant in a few seconds. then take a few mins to do a little touch up, then hang whole or at least in nice sized branches. about $250 - 300. also electric, so that's a plus.
71jDLKPrCfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

i'll be getting one of these within the next 4-6 weeks, i just haven't decided which one to get.
I have the 16 inch, (the small one)...I thought about getting the 19 inch but when my wife saw this one she said, don't they make 'em any smaller :rofl: it is quite large and will do about 2 at a time, and yes you have to snip the buds off..............what I do is, pull all the big sucker leaves off, so only the protruding sugar leaves are left, while the plant is still in it's pot, then I snip the whole plant at it's base, and hang it for about 3 weeks...then I snip buds and I use the serrated blade that comes with it for dry trimming..(there is also a smooth blade for wet trimming)..

Back
Top Bottom