DIY Cheap Adjustable rope light hanger.

BioStub

Being on the cheap I made this adjustable light hangers for my homeamde cfl light fixture.

Sorry for the bad pics. I think I down sized them to much to lower file size.

Heres. The jest of it.

Parts list.

2 cheap pulleys from harbor freight. 2 dollars
1 8 foot section 1/4 inch poly rope. 1 something Harbor Freight
4 screw type eye hooks 2 dollars HD
1 double clothes hanger 2 something HD

Mount one eye hook on upper middle inside cabinet. Attach the rope to it.
Attach 2 eye hooks to light fixture. Thread rope though.
secure eye hook opposite eye side and attach one pulley to it.
Mount other eye hook front of box so rope can go vertical.
Secure double clothes hanger half way down to secure rope w/ half hitch.

Heres the pics.

DIY Light Rope Light Hanger
DIY_Light_hanger.jpg

Left side rope secured.
DSCF8112.JPG

Rope though eye hooks on fixture.
DSCF8113.JPG

The pulleys
DSCF8114.JPG

Double clothes hanger with rope, half hitch knot.
DSCF8116.JPG

Easy and cheap. You have to help the fixture up and down with one hand as you raise and lower it, But it works really good. If you don't know how to make a half hitch. Just type half hitch knot on google. You don't want your light falling.

.. BioStub

Nice to see people think outside the box.....you don't need expensive yo-yos.

Looks good man!

I kind of did the same in my Cab. I used 2 eye hooks up top, and two J hooks Midway, UPSIDE DOWN, to support my jackchain so I can adjust the height of my T5 Fixture, love the ingenuity!!

BioStub,thats awesome.I was trying to figue out how to do that,Thanks.Awesome job the light fixture looks great also.

Thanks RB.. I've actually changed my light fixture like 3 times lol. But the hanger has remained the same, Its quite versatile.

Looks good man!

I kind of did the same in my Cab. I used 2 eye hooks up top, and two J hooks Midway, UPSIDE DOWN, to support my jackchain so I can adjust the height of my T5 Fixture, love the ingenuity!!

Seems similar JW. I thought about using T5 lights in my little box. I'm going to be moving in a couple weeks and everything may change with my set up. We will see what happens then. I actually have 2 plants growing very well in my set up. Maybe i'll post some pics in the veg forum as i'll be topping them for 4 colas today. I'm gonna check out your cab project right now JW

Thanks for the reps guys.

Bio..

I was looking for light hangers that were easily adjustable but more sturdy than the yo-yo hangers and came accross the rope ratchet light hanger... They are very sturdy and all you have to do is pull a string to raise the light.. To adjust them down all you do is hold firmly to the slack end of the string then press a button on the ratchet and lower the light..

14rat.jpg

From Home DePot....$7

Yes, what section of Home Depot did you find that hanger in ? Can't seem to find it on their internet site and want to make sure they have in stock before I drive the 35 miles one way to the closest HD.

Back
Top Bottom