DIY Closet - Soil - Unknown - Grow Journal - 2011

Re: DIY Closet - Soil, Unknown. Grow Journal - 2011

I'm going to be trying the FIM technique very soon. not sure if it will cause any problems but i figure this is the plant i'm going to learn on before i plant my Kaya Gold seeds from Nirvana. My plant is now well on its way to recovery and i feel that FIMing or Topping is the best way to work her.

Updates to come, accepting all warnings before hand.

Vinegar? really? does it matter if its white or brown? any repercussions on the plant?

If not, then i'll add to it for my next watering.

Vineger is acidic and will lower the PH. Either white or brown vineger will work. It won't hurt anything. Add only enough to get your PH between 6.3 and 6.8. I like to get mine between 6.3 and 6.5.

Ph 5.5 is for hydro and using it in soil grow may cause problems. As 1970s Grower mentioned 6.3-6.5 is good, especially for soil medium. Yes, white vinegar will work as ph down. Add more water to get the PH back up (but will also lower the nute PPM a bit). Stay green my friend.

Water and low nutes doses.

Correct PH helps.

Until your PH meter arrives and you have proper testing methods, youre growing in the dark.

Fluros should be fine as long as there not touching the plant.

I keep my lights as close as possible.

more Light = more grow.

PS THe more you know about basic growing, and using a medium like Coco, the easier this is.

Watch greenhouse seed company youtube vids.

Get to know a specific non complicated way of growing.

Check my threads.

I will have super lemon haze up soon.

I started like you, but fast realised I was wasting a lot of time and effort without proper education into growing.

Confusion makes stress - stress = failure!

For 800 bucks initial investment I crank 2.5 oz per grow in 13 weeks from seed to harvest.

It pays for itself every grow.

Experience is key to gaining knowledge, but use proper knowledge.

Dont think too much, stick to common PH of 6. Low nutes, Water frequently once it takes off. Start from scratch, sex your plant.

Be prepared!

Is there enough light? minumum 250 watts fluro for flower.

Whats your medium?

Do you know whats in it?

If not, how can you grow?

Is there air movement? A fan is better than nothing, danger awaits!

Did you clean the grow environment before moving it in? Danger Awaits!

The more information you have the Easier it is to grow.

The key is to keep growing, till you know it.

Get a seed that you know what its times are, how high it grows etc.

Random seeds give random results.

Again. Weed is EaSY to grow.

Just have to Watch it and know it

People fail to grow, because they either didnt know what they were doing, or they were not there to tend to it when it needed them.

Plants can change overnight in hydro/indoor environments once the difference is in place.

Sorry for the rant, i just wanna pass on some info I've learnt from growing 5 times indoor.

The first two times I failed because I didnt know what I was getting into or doing.

The 3rd time I got educated and still lost because I didnt listen.

the 4th time I finally listened and read and watched, and grew.

Its a vicious circle!

Good luck!

My 2c.

I have a 4L 1Gal res. I have recieved my PH meter but no PH up or down Solutions. hence the vinegar. I added 3 one second pours of vinegar to the res to try and reduce the PH and tested every pour but it wasn't going down.

hope that the nutes i ordered from blue planet will drop the PH.

There is definatly enough light, 600w worth of CFL lights 2x 4100k and 2x 2700k

I'm currently growing the clone in the medium and pot that was provided by the owner of the mother plant, therefore unknown, as is the plant.

I've ordered seed and nuts (Kaya Gold seed from Nirvana/BluePlanet nutes) they should be here next week.

I have 2 5 Gal Buckets and am planning on starting fresh once the new seed arrives. growing with an organic medium mixed with perlite.

I have done the reading and feel I can pull this off. i'm going to keep this current plant going but focus on the Kaya Gold once its in.

Update, I've topped her and ever since it seems she has started to take off. lots of healthy growth over the last few days. Will be watering tomorrow and post a few new pics.

Found a retailer with proper PH up and down solutions only 3 hours away and will be purchasing shortly.

Warsaw, if you want to sort a grow out and not muck around with rubbish medium like dirt etc, grow with coconut fibre or use a medium that you can control.

Its the easiest way to grow, no guessing work and its MUCH MUCH faster.

Get hydro lights and gear from a grow shop.

Make the trip, bring it home.

If you want to spend youre time growing the unknown, then theres a lot of work coming youre way.

Another thing I notice is that youre growing next to some clothes and boots or whatever it is.

A growroom needs to be tidy and clean.

You could check out my first grow for some tips, then follow the grows and you can see just how much progress I made by simply investing in gear and knowledge and a simple cupboard.

It all meant much easier, faster, less problems, bigger yields, more predictable grows.

It paid for itself in 1.5 grows.

You could prolly easily get stuff sent to you, they love to do this.

I couldnt, but I live in a massive city.

There must be a grow shop within 3 hours surely?

Once the Kaya Gold comes in i'll be growing in a proper cabinet for sure. I've decided to keep this particular plant as a test plant and learning process.

I now have most of the gear i need. I got a propper fan, i'll be adding another 2 lights to my op in the cabinet. i just recieved my nutes from blue planet today.

I'm going to continue to grow this plant for now and see how she turns out but I really just want my new seeds to arrive and take a trip to the hydro store.

SAM_0452.JPG

Why did you choose chemical nutrients over Organics? It looks nothing like anything I've seen that's organic.

Either way, its better than random nute stuff like I first experimented with! XD

I ended up just throwing it all over the back lawn.

That is surprisingly cheap for a nutrient too.

$7.50? I pay 25 for a litre bottle.

What medium will you grow in?

Are you getting a EC meter to guage the nutrient in the water?

Its a must have.

I use bluelabs from New Zealand. About 140 a wand....excellent product.

The two most expensive parts I own in the grow is the PH meter (90) and the EC meter (140).

I have a PH meter but don't think I can yet afford the wand. but, the Kaya Gold is not in yet so i have time to try and save. my next purchase is going to be a cabinet for the grow.

the nutes were my choice because dealing with Cory Stover from blue planet nutes was such a pleasure and his nutes are often used for soil grows as well. The price was excellent as was the service. the bloom booster was a free gift. I spoke with him personally over the phone and would recommend him to anyone.

I have nutes, Ph meter, timer, proper fan, lights, 3gal and 5 gal pots, a 4 gal reservoir, thermometer and I will be going to the Hydro store soon to purchase PH up and Down solutions as well as a grow medium. mixed with a cabinet to host a clean and discrete grow.

Once my seed arrives, all i'll need is advice.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom