DIY COB LED build - 6 Cree CXB3070 220W

420-magazine-mobile1686860522.jpg

Big box full of bits and bobs mostly heatsinks and things to hang the COBs with and electrical fittings.

Removed the factory thermal grease and mounting brackets from the PC heatsinks. Gone from this:
420-magazine-mobile1634698176.jpg

To this:
420-magazine-mobile732970947.jpg

If you were using these coolers you could mount them directly onto a frame with the screws for the brackets. I'm planning to hang them individually for flexibility.
420-magazine-mobile39939687.jpg

Close-up on the screw.

Update on the build:
Started wiring things together today.
420-magazine-mobile1877748868.jpg

Put a plug on my driver with a socket for the heatsink fan power supply in-line so the whole lighting system will run off one socket and timer.
420-magazine-mobile1211361618.jpg

Wired up 6 lengths of flex in series to run between the driver and the COBs.
420-magazine-mobile3895533.jpg

Couldn't help sneaking a peek at the chips.

Need to start drilling and tapping heatsinks but I'm putting it off because I know it's going to require a lot of patience and precision.

Hi Caconym. Sorry m8 but I just can't see where you are going from your drawing. I will just wait until you start the real thing. Where did you buy the parts ? Pm me the answer.

It looks like you got everything from one Place? Where did you get everything from? And what country are you in I've never seen a plug like that before

Yeah I could really careless about your location that was just curriosty lol more if where you got everything from one place as everywhere I've looked you have to get different parts at different places with the exception of cobkits and rapid which are kinda over priced. No big deal either way

Yeah I could really careless about your location that was just curriosty lol more if where you got everything from one place as everywhere I've looked you have to get different parts at different places with the exception of cobkits and rapid which are kinda over priced. No big deal either way
If you live in Europe cheap cobs and the bits to go with them are as rare as rocking horse shit. You have to bite the bullet and pay what you have to.

Back
Top Bottom