DIY Cooler Reservoir

Yes RM and green but once it heats up it may be a bitch to cool back down. That is what I am waiting to see. I don't think a gallon removal and replacement will work.

Hey Jrsaces!

Damn I wish I stumpled upon this tutorial a few weeks ago! I did one with a 48qt coleman from walmart for $25. I have had severe res temp problems and had to toss my first crop to pythium. I am going to have to try and seal it off better or something!

2010-07-07_12_24_11.jpg

Check out my Journal if you get a chance!

-Powerz

Hey Jrsaces!

Damn I wish I stumpled upon this tutorial a few weeks ago! I did one with a 48qt coleman from walmart for $25. I have had severe res temp problems and had to toss my first crop to pythium. I am going to have to try and seal it off better or something!

2010-07-07_12_24_11.jpg

Check out my Journal if you get a chance!

-Powerz

The ROOM TEMP is very relative to the WATER Temp and a COOLER such as these are like a Thermos Bottle. Put HOT in it and it stays HOT, but put COOL in it and it stays COOL.

Hey Roseman , been around, just reading and learning.

And if you haven't tryed this cooler idea, It works great, Really helps with water temps.

Hi All.
I am an experienced dirt bagger (kinda new here @ 420) and I decided I wanted to give hydro a wack...Anyway,I found Rosemans 'Deep Water Culture Tutorial' over at the 'other' site and have been checking it out (studying it) off and on (when I get time) for about the last two weeks.

Then I noticed you 'Deep Water Culture' moved over here (at about page 225)!

Cool, cuz there are some things I want to try and being totally new to Hydro I may need a little help/advice...

Anyway, I originally came upon the cooler/ reservoir idea somwhere else where the idea was just to use it as an insulated reservoir for an ebb & flow system to help keep solution temps. down... At that time I was toying with the idea of 'what if' after seeing Rosemans stealth styled system...And then, VOILA! Here it is.

However, I want to try growing trees/ large shrubs this way. I saw over on another site there was some guy named Bonzo who was growing in a large, double bucket ebb and flow type system- but I don't want to do ebb & flow...I want to do Deep Water Culture.

How about this, what about a big-ass net pot (10") in one good sized (medium-large) Deep Water Culture cooler? With a pump that either feeds/ trickles nutes to the pot/ growth medium from a manifold; (like Rosemans Stealth design) or perhaps an aeroponic jet setup under the net pot. Along (of course) w/ some big ass airstones in the tank nute solution....

How big of an ice chest do you all think I might need to do this, in order to supply a really good sized plant in a 10" net pot with the nutes it needs and only have to change the nute solution once a week?

There would only be one plant/ pot in this system. I would like to grow 5 footers as my ceiling is only 9' high and I am running 1000 watt lights.

Aside from all that, does anyone here know where to find Santa Maria seeds, a strain from the Amazon pioneered by a Dutch guy named Cees who had a company in Holland called 'No Mercy'?

Thanks in advance! :thanks:

J.D.

No Green007, No grow journal this time, I was gonna do 1 but ran into a few problems with this grow from the start , I was gonna grow them in dirt, Big mistake because of the heat down here and 2 weeks in I damn near killed em somehow , I not good with dirt , Ended up cleaning up the roots and putting them in a res and brought them back fighting with high res temps when I came across this thread which helped out alot, I'll take 70 to 76 degree temps over 80 to 85 anytime.

I found a link to No Mercy on the Sponsor page. Why don't you start you search there.

That was the first place I looked, about 3 weeks ago.

Cees (the owner) has not posted or been here, it looks like since March...Their ordering area on No Mercy's website seems to be down (I am wondering if something has happened? and they are no longer in business?). I would call their phone # on their website; but it says they only sell very large quantity's of seed's- also I don't speak Dutch... I was hoping that perhaps they knew a place that sold their Santa Maria seeds; or if someone else knows where to get the seeds, that would be cool too.

I actually heard about Santa Maria about three years ago from a friend of mine who smoked it in Amsterdam and who knew a guy who was growing it there- from what I understand, it is a phenomenal hybrid. Very high producer w/ extremely large cola's and a very high THC content. Suitable for both indoor and outdoor and a very strong/ hardy disease and pest resistant variety. One of the best, I am told, that you can grow.

I went looking for 10" netpots on the web today- about $7 each. As an afterthought I called up our local hydro store which is just down the block from me here and they have netpots which are really sturdy and have a 1" rim (super nice!). for $5 a pop + I don't have to pay shipping!

I am hitting all the garage sales in town tomorrow for ice chests and then Home Depot on Monday (30 miles away) for the rest of my shit to build these up!

I hope this doesn't sound silly, but did you check out any of the other sponsored seed banks? Someone has to have them.

Yah, I did...I think I'll just keep on looking until something pops up- should, sooner or later.

I'll post pics when I get the big single plant cooler/hydro finished!

Back
Top Bottom