DIY dehumidifing?

Kush Killer

Ok, So i need to get my RH% down sitting @ 65 right now and would like to be closer to 40% so i picked up a smaller elctronic dehumdifyer. however even tho it is pulling mositure its not dropping my RH%.. any ideas for a DYI method?

I have read about using Epsom salts baked at like 550 degrees for an hour, then take two water bottles and cut tops off of them. Drill small holes In one put salts in this one. Then place it into the other bottom. Not sure how it works but if assume if you made a few out of 2 liter bottles it may get the job done

So to expand upon my last post I built this unit.
image5950.jpg
image5951.jpg
image5952.jpg
image5953.jpg
image5954.jpg
image5955.jpg

I have places it in my grow tent, the Epsom salt was baked for only 20 min. The theory is the Epsom salts will capture the humidity and then will deposit it in the cup below. I put it into my tent with a humidifier in it . I don't need this at this point but figured I'd test it out and see if it works so then if and when I do need it I know it works. What better environment then a area with extra humidity that's not needed. Will post results later.

If you need a quick and dirty dehuey. Take a 100 dollar window AC, drill a drain hole in the bottom, attach a hose to drain the water and stick it in your room on high.

So left it in there for about four hours came back and there was a little bit of condensation at the bottom of the bottle. Oddly enough the clone I sat it by looks like it's had the life sucked out of it. I dunno if it's this or if it finally decided it was time to kick the bucket on me. In my opinion 3-4 of theese well place around your area not close to plants could probobbly lower humidity a bit. Not sure how much but could help in a pinch.

What I found works, is buy a dehumidifier. However, this is DIY, so on with that.

What I use is found in the automotive section in Walmart. Dry zee air, or however they spell it. Comes in bags. White stuff. It is used to dry out wet trunks and such.

You first buy the $10 UFO looking things they come in, then you place the white shit in and bam, it sucks lots of water out of the air and quickly.

Also, run a cheap fan heater. Even while raining outside, my humidity in room stays under 40, usually. My room also sucks in air from outside, that really moist rainy air.

Back
Top Bottom