DIY drying box with odor control

great idea u have there Mr. krip! where did u find a rack small enough to fit in the box?:thumb:

I got it on that big auction site. I was going to PM you a link to them, but it appears they are no longer being offered. It's too bad cuz' they were selling for less than $20 and are perfect for smaller spaces/harvests!

I got it on that big auction site. I was going to PM you a link to them, but it appears they are no longer being offered. It's too bad cuz' they were selling for less than $20 and are perfect for smaller spaces/harvests!

Damn! ok thx for ur help brotha. Im on a mission to find one lol

Hey Mr K.... never got around to thanking you for putting up this post!! I used a combo of your idea and another online and it works great... my moving/wardrobe box seems to keep a steady humidity between 40-50% and temps usually stay cooler than the room temp...usually takes about 3-4 days to dry out the buds (crispy outsides, stems near snapping but still moist, green fades to a grey/green look)

For the fan i just had an old desk clip fan that I disassembled, and attached just by setting it in a hole cut in the top of the box...sealed with tape... for the string/hangers, i used some packing/rope/twine that was purchased at the uhaul store with the wardrobe box...

about 20$ to build the closet...

Here are the photos of mine, not to hijack your thread, just to give alternate ideas using the same concept.... This drying idea worked great...thanks!!!

DSC023443.JPG
DSC023412.JPG
DSC023432.JPG
DSC023422.JPG
DSC023403.JPG

The filter helps, especially when the fan is running, but it's definately odor "control" and NOT odor "elimination".

I have the box in a room with some air fresheners, and the odor isn't really noticeable from outside the room, but once you go in the room, when the box is full of freshly cut buds, you can definately smell it.

For true odor elimination, you would most likely need a carbon scrubber either in the box or in the room the box was in. An ozone generator would also help, but can be dangerous around humans/pets.
I love your design, it is pure DIY ingenuity :thumb:

Have you ever made one of those pencil cup/panty hose mini can-style carbon filters? I wonder if activated charcoal would work a little better than the stove hood vent filter?

Again, great job. I will be using your design soon...

so this prevents smell completely?

so this prevents smell completely?

Here's an earlier reply I had made about odor:

The filter helps, especially when the fan is running, but it's definately odor "control" and NOT odor "elimination".

I have the box in a room with some air fresheners, and the odor isn't really noticeable from outside the room, but once you go in the room, when the box is full of freshly cut buds, you can definately smell it.

For true odor elimination, you would most likely need a carbon scrubber either in the box or in the room the box was in. An ozone generator would also help, but can be dangerous around humans/pets.

I am a noob.
I would like a glass viewing glass to see inside my grow without opening the grow area. ( If every thing looks good I don't need to change temp, humidity and co2 levels by opening up the grow area. I think being a new grower, I am going to want to watch the plants a lot , its fun.

I am a noob.
I would like a glass viewing glass to see inside my grow without opening the grow area. ( If every thing looks good I don't need to change temp, humidity and co2 levels by opening up the grow area. I think being a new grower, I am going to want to watch the plants a lot , its fun.

I wouldn't worry about disrupting temps & humidity unless you're gonna have some HUGE swings when entering the grow area. However, if you're gonna be pumping in CO2, you'll definately not want to disrupt that.

What are you using for a grow area?

There are some tents that have viewing ports, or, you may need to install a window in your room or cabinet, but you'll need to be able to seal it to block any possible light leaks.

FYI...you can also get a green light (get one made specifically for growing) that will let you check your plants at night time without disrupting the dark cycle. Since you only apply CO2 during lights on, if you can wait until lights-off to start checking them, the green light may be a good option. And, if you can't wait until lights-off, you probably won't be able to wait for lights-on either, so even if you have a port/window, you may want one! :)

More than a year since your original DIY post and yet you are still checking it and answering questions. + Rep for that alone. And the build is awesome. Using it myself with the exact setup and a mesh drying rack w/ a kief catcher. Thanks for the instructions man.

Back
Top Bottom