DIY How to Make Your Own Colloidal Silver for Feminized Seed Production

Whoal,
I strongly disagree!!
I use a 3 9 v battery's set up & 12gu .09999 silver wire.
I have made a couple of gallons in last couple of years. I have never checked the PPm's, I will say early on I was not running it long enough.But since then, I came to realize it needs to turn a golden color to indicate a plenty strong CS level.
I have several friends who swear by its effectiveness.
Slag

I tried six times. Boiled the DH2O first. Used 12 ga wire and or 1gram ingots. Never got higher than 21ppm. Used 9v batteries and as suggested in a post, I used a notebook pwr supply. Might be that my ppm meter can't read ions? But it never got higher than 21 ppm. I just got my 240 ppm in the mail and will spray soon.

Thanks Toker

WJ

Yeah making your own CS is cool if that's what you're into. I think a lot of people mistake it as a necessary step in the process of making feminized seeds tho. It's unfamiliar territory for the average cannabis grower, and growers searching for information on the subject inevitably come across the CS generator, but it's slightly misleading. It's kinda like weaving your own grow tent, or blueprints for building a house so you can grow cannabis indoors. Most people who try seed feminizing are going to be trying it for the first time. The CS generator kinda presents another possibly discouraging hurdle for a average grower to overcome. It might be better to direct people to inexpensive off the shelf solutions first. Besides one bottle of the right brand might be all they ever need.

Hi Guys!! Excuse, my first post and one question!
Can someone help me?
I'm trying make Colloidal Silver but I can not get 50ppm. Max got was 33ppm.
Begins make large silver particles and not dissolve in water.
items: List bellow
Photos:
DC 9v 500mA with 99,9% silver
IMG_20150630_122335.jpg

Air Bomb
IMG_20150630_122252.jpg

TRY1 (Fail) max 24ppm Water Yellow.
IMG_20150630_122216.jpg

try2 (Appear fail) 33ppm water white
IMG_20150630_122155.jpg

I think they run 27 volt
3-9 volt batts in a series
not parallel then its length of time
30 ppm would still work to turn a plant
ive used 30 ppm stuff from the health food store and it worked

Read through this whole thread and a bit of confusion in there.

.9999 silver is the best for making CS. .999 is acceptable but the former is better. DO NOT USE sterling silver or old standard silver coins. A coin shop usually will have bullion grade silver at .9999. I used a Canada Goose silver coin I bought at the local post office for $25 then split in half with a cold chisel. Later I bought some 6" .9999 silver wires and a ppm pen that reads in ones until it hits 100 or 200 then goes x10 like the old Hanna I've been using for pot growing for near 20 years. Same pen that is in the pics in the very first post in this thread. I had to order the wires and pen from an alternative medicine web store in New Mexico as I couldn't find a Canadian supplier. I drilled precision holes in the top ends of the cut-off coins and crimped them firmly to make real sure that I didn't get any contamination from the alligator clips connected to the coin pieces that concerned me in my first efforts. I first did a small batch in a 400ml beaker on a magnetic stirrer but now suspend the coins down the 4" neck of a 1000ml flat-bottom boiling ball on the stirrer.

For power I'm using a wall wart that was for a wireless router that got it's feed from a wireless antenna on the roof I got at the thrift store for $2. It's rated at 29.5VDC and 0.46A or 460 milliamps. It actually puts out 30.7VDC according to my digital multimeter. I used two plastic caps off of almond milk jugs part way down the wires to keep them from touching the glass and hold the coins 3/4 of the way in the water parallel to each other 3/4" apart. I also use about 60mls of the last batch to prime the pump but it still takes about 6 - 8 hours to get a batch to 6ppm on the pen which is really 10 - 14 ppm at least. Any more than that and you are making elemental silver that will drop out of sol'n and stick all over the inside of the container and the ionic silver will be in much larger particles and much less effective.

A TDS meter will only measure one half or less of the true ionic silver content. CS-PPM

It's the ionic silver that has the most benefit for personal use and once the ppm pen has reached 6 then it's just right to drink or use as a mouth wash, eye drops or put in a nebulizer to help with lung or sinus problems.

There are many technical considerations to address in making this determination. Generally speaking, a 3 - 10 PPM high quality colloidal silver product is a sufficient concentration for effectiveness in the body. With extremely clean production methods, one can achieve a high quality colloidal silver at slightly greater concentrations. Currently, our opinion is that a 26 ppm is the cap on the highest quality isolated silver product, as determined by TEM, with the 26 ppm product being laboratory produced.

For external use, greater concentrations may be desirable to increase the amount of actual silver exposed to the skin. However, with most available production methods, a higher concentration yields a lower quality end product. The result is an unstable solution with large particles.

We would not "offhand" recommend the use of silver products with high concentrations without fully disclosed laboratory analysis. Questions that need to be answered in such cases:

1) How much silver is actually in one standard dose?

2) What is the particle size range?

3) Are there any compounds or stabilizers in the product?

4) How are the particles dispersed in the solution?

Most companies that market a high PPM colloidal silver ( ~ 100 - 1500 ppm ) will not answer all of these questions. Many, we have found, will not give you the time of day if you ask these questions, and request to see the results of both a TEM and studies conducted via atomic adsorption ( AAS ). We see incredible value in both methods of analysis. The silence of these companies when faced with sincere and well-placed questions speaks for itself. The bottom line is that higher concentration, for use in the body, is NOT desirable.

Colloidal silver facts

Here's some pics from the beaker setup. My camera died shortly after so I don't have any with the boiling ball.

L8r

hello how long should you spray the colloidal silver on the plant for? i have been doing twice a day for almost a month no is there apoint where you should stop

hello how long should you spray the colloidal silver on the plant for? i have been doing twice a day for almost a month no is there apoint where you should stop

If I used CS again I would keep on spraying until I actually saw signs of pollen being created. I’ve had mixed results with the stuff. Always got pods- but not always pollen.

I'm not sure how often to apply CS but should be easy to search it out in here or out there on the web.

Couple times a day is what I've seen mostly. Once I have clones to spare I want to try one with CS and another with STS to see which works better.

:peace:

hello i have made my CS 3 9v batteries, clips and 99.99 % pure silver, sprayed twice a day for several weeks produced male flowers on a female plant pollenated another plant and i now have seed pods forming

i posted a lil' info on grannys journal for you,you should be ok if you dilute to 60 or so in very small amounts, unless you have an ultrasonic cleaning machine for jewelry/equipment etc, then you could do the whole thing the problem is diluting it can destabilize the original solution if it sits very long at all (couple hours) the silver can fall out of suspension and coagulate on the bottom and sides i have seen undiluted colloidal silver do this if i dont blast it in an ultrasonic this stuff is electrical! so in my theory if it can ground out and re solidify it will, i hope this helps and thanks for the question:thumb:
I did the same and diluted to 60 but it did larger amounts and it’s been sitting there for days now won’t it still be effective? Don’t have an ultra sound the mix still sits at 60 ppm has not changed

Back
Top Bottom