DIY LED - Anyone have any idea of a safe way to hang?

Vestrimatrik

20160330_091845.jpg

I built this monster, its 3'×3' and weighs about 70lbs. Does anyone know of a surefire way to hang it safely above my plants.
I don't even know if it's safe to hang in a gorilla tent.
Currently I have it strung up with 14g stranded wire soldered together at the ends but I don't trust it. Also I have no way to adjust the height of it.

I guess what I'm asking is, is there a product out there to safely hang it while still being able to adjust it like the adjustable rope hangers?

You can use ratchet straps or ratchet chains. Or if you have a HD or Lowes and you go in the chain/rope isle they have a few things to choose from. They have rope ratchets, rope stops, poly ratchet straps, chain straps and all the rope/chain you will need which you can cut to whatever length you need.

Light Hangers from HD

Viagrow Easy Ratchet Carabiner Light Hanger Movers Pair-VRH - The Home Depot

Rathet Straps from HD

HDX 6 ft. x 1 in. Locking Tie-Downs (4-Pack)-FH8381 - The Home Depot

If you want something geared more towards actual light hanging you can get Light Yo-Yos or other items online.

Ratchet Hangars
Light Hangers | Plant Supports | Grow Lights | Grow Light KITS

Yo-Yos for lights
4x Adjustable Yoyo Hanger 26.4lbs Weight Capacity/Pair for HPS MH T5 Reflector Grow Light Kit Hydroponics

Just make sure you check your max. capacity limits on whatevever route you choose. Looks like that light fixture is hefty.

Or you can go High-Tech...ooohhh...ahhhh LOL.
Electric Chain Hoists - SJF.com

Buffalo Outdoor 440 Lb Electric Hoist EHOISTUL - Walmart.com

Also im sure people on here will be very interested in the building process. Did you take pictures during the build? Maybe a DIY Build Thread if you have the time? I for sure would find it VERY VERY useful.

Also im sure people on here will be very interested in the building process. Did you take pictures during the build? Maybe a DIY Build Thread if you have the time? I for sure would find it VERY VERY useful.

Unfortunately no, but I plan on making a thread with my next one I build. I was drunk the entire time I built it and was in such a hurry and so excited to finish it that I didn't stop to take pictures along the way.

I totally understand. I cant take too many pics myself because I end up forgetting to delete them and I am in a illegal state. BIG NO NO!

Also is that a kit-car/replica in the garage? Dont mean to change the subject but cars are my second passion!

Gorilla advertises people hanging from the top of their tents, so I would think you would be fine. I have also seen Gorilla quote weights their tents will support, perhaps look that up for your model and go from there. Nice light by the way. Looks clean.

Back
Top Bottom