DIY LED Panel Layout

scruffy420

Hey guys, I'm planning a 2x2 flower room for sometime in the future, as I'm not able to support growing right now. However, I am currently working on my own DIY LED panel for the little room. Was wondering if anyone has experience with laying out their own DIY panel. Mine might be a little overboard, but I'm looking to build the best light I can, as I want the best buds I can get. The room will be 2ft(w)x2ft(l)x5ft(h). The lights I'm looking at are as follows:

-5x Cree CXB 3590 3500K @1050ma (Thinking I'll also install KB 80 degree lenses on these)
-4x each of 3-5w Rated (still trying to find the best chips to use for these):
~740nm Far Red (Flower Initiator)
~700-720nm Deep Red
~660-690nm Red
~620-640nm Red
~600-620nm Red
-4x 13-26w UV Reptile CFLs

I will be trying to upload a picture of the layout of the light, as I've thought about it, but I'm not currently allowed to upload attachments, so I'll be posting the picture as a reply, if I can. Also, the numbers for the wavelengths differ between this post and the drawing I have, but they are only ranges, so whatever works best is what I'll go with. I also don't know how to really pick out the best chips for the reds that I'm looking to use on the panel, as I mentioned above. Any help on that would also be great. I can pick and match drivers and such, so that's not an issue, and cooling is all taken care of, as well. Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Thanks again, in advance! Happy growing!

2x2_light_layout1.png

This is the picture that I've drawn up for the layout. Hope it helps!

Layout and led choice is good. I prefer running no reflector but I cover alot more area. That is alot of light so make sure you get the B series meanwell driver for the white, the B drivers have external dimming. Should be a kick ass light! I will be reworking my bloom lights this year and add some more reds as well.

I agree. Like, I mentioned, picking drivers is no problem, really. All of my electrical components will have dimming with the exception of the cfls. Not all of the lights will be on, at a time, anyway. The flower initiator LEDs will only be on for about 15 mins a day, and the UV will only be on for about 6 hours in the middle of the "on" cycle each day. I am skeptical of the lenses, as I don't know how close I can get to the canopy with the lenses. More research into that needs to be done. I don't have a lot of height to work with since this will be a stealth grow, with the emphasis on the stealth portion, so I want to maximize my ability to get close to the plants without sacrificing penetration and power. Thanks for the help!

I agree. Like, I mentioned, picking drivers is no problem, really. All of my electrical components will have dimming with the exception of the cfls. Not all of the lights will be on, at a time, anyway. The flower initiator LEDs will only be on for about 15 mins a day, and the UV will only be on for about 6 hours in the middle of the "on" cycle each day. I am skeptical of the lenses, as I don't know how close I can get to the canopy with the lenses. More research into that needs to be done. I don't have a lot of height to work with since this will be a stealth grow, with the emphasis on the stealth portion, so I want to maximize my ability to get close to the plants without sacrificing penetration and power. Thanks for the help!

Hello, do you have any update on the light? Also note, that the far red light only needs to be on before the light goes off, to simulate Sun. The flower will go to sleep faster.

Should the far reds be on in the morning too? I thought in the evening about 15 minutes before darkness/15min in darkness.

So, when should they start in the morning? Together with the main lights or 15min earlier (15 min in darkness, 15min with main lights)

420-magazine-mobile1165249737.jpg

Thats a drawing i did just now. Veros are 3500K80Cri, not shure for the CLUs atm. Waiting for some advice in my thread about this topic

Thr outer lines are the walls of the 2x3, the lights should be a single fixture exept for the UVs. They are on the walls

Should the far reds be on in the morning too? I thought in the evening about 15 minutes before darkness/15min in darkness.

So, when should they start in the morning? Together with the main lights or 15min earlier (15 min in darkness, 15min with main lights)

Sorry my bad, just after the lights at night. And I think 10 minutes is enough.

Alright. Cool. I think i have to go passive for the far reds, so maybe i give them just 10 minutes ever day like you said. 5 min before lights out and 5 more minutes jn darkness

Back
Top Bottom