DIY light help

Smokerightnow

I was thinking of a diy light just cause. I got time to kill and wanna do it myself. Pointers, steps, advice, and all other tidbits are forever welcome. Help me help those around.

I would suggest a strip light.
LM301B diodes.
Something like this.
Strip light configuration gives the most even coverage.

20191102_142147.jpg

20191029_171507.jpg
20191027_131931.jpg
20191027_145218.jpg

I would suggest a strip light.
LM301B diodes.
Something like this.
Strip light configuration gives the most even coverage.

20191102_142147.jpg

20191029_171507.jpg
20191027_131931.jpg
That’s nicee

Depends on what size space you need to cover.
Mine is 2.5' x 5' and I built 2 lights that are each 26" x 24" and 325 watts.
I get 1300 PPFD at 18" at full power and pretty even coverage, averaging about 850+ PPFD on the outer edges.
I run them at 250 watts right now which is still over 1000 PPFD which is right where I want it.

Mine are 8 strips and 8 heat sinks with one Meanwell HLG320h-c1400b driver, and just use aluminum L channel for the frame, a few feet of 18 awg solid wire.
Cost is about $400 per light.

Strips and heatsinks from Pacific Light Concepts.
Driver from RapidLED
Various stuff like wire and thermal tape from Amazon.
And nuts, bolts and aluminum L channel from Home Depot

I get 1300 PPFD at 18" at full power and pretty even coverage, averaging about 850+ PPFD on the outer edges.
I run them at 250 watts right now which is still over 1000 PPFD which is right where I want it.

Mine are 8 strips and 8 heat sinks with one Meanwell HLG320h-c1400b driver, and just use aluminum L channel for the frame, a few feet of 18 awg solid wire.

Driver from RapidLED

Driver from RapidLED
I want to cover a 2x2 or a 3x3 something small. Sounds like I might be piecing parts for a month or so

I built my own for 2x2

Or buy quantum boards or talk to @SmokeSara for a some lighting.

Ok so I was thinking a qb. I started looking but I got high so I came to ask which brand or maker is “legit” lol

I assume there are numerous types of LM301B strips you can use.
I opted for ones put out by Pacific Light Concepts, they just seemed like a bit better made to me.
You can buy strips straight from Samsung I think.
The ones from Pacific Light Concepts are sold out until December 1st.
And I wouldn't doubt will be sold out by December 2nd unless they do pre-orders like they did last time they'll be sold out before December 1st.
But whatever strip you get you just need thermal tape and a heatsink for each strip and then just L channel for the frame.
Then a proper sized Driver to run it and you're good to go.

If you want a Quantum board I'd get a Budget LED or Spider Farmer

Ok so I was thinking a qb. I started looking but I got high so I came to ask which brand or maker is “legit” lol
Check out @Budget Led or come to the Bloom Room to see what these Quantum Boards can do.
The link is below in my signature box.
Good luck and welcome to 420.

I did a strip build with Bridgelux strips in 3500k for a 3x3 tent. Around 300 watts. Got the parts list from LED Gardner. Best growing decision I've made. I used to have 560 watts (actual) of blurple LEDs in there and the 300 watts (actual) of strips WAY outperforms.

As more and more players get into the Samsung game (because their diodes outclass all competition), it really just lowers the price i. e. more competition, or better variety i.e. more innovation.
For a DIY, the consumer now has so many choices on how to configure their light
Strips, boards, pucks.... whatever you like
In the end, pick what ever is best for your situation knowing that you're picking the best diodes the industry has to offer :hookah:

I assume there are numerous types of LM301B strips you can use.
I opted for ones put out by Pacific Light Concepts, they just seemed like a bit better made to me.
You can buy strips straight from Samsung I think.
The ones from Pacific Light Concepts are sold out until December 1st.
And I wouldn't doubt will be sold out by December 2nd unless they do pre-orders like they did last time they'll be sold out before December 1st.
But whatever strip you get you just need thermal tape and a heatsink for each strip and then just L channel for the frame.
Then a proper sized Driver to run it and you're good to go.

If you want a Quantum board I'd get a Budget LED or Spider Farmer
Well I’ve done some looking and found John wicks bloom room. Those budget LED’s look pretty slick and I’m leaning those one of those

Back
Top Bottom