DIY Recirculating DWC PVC Tube

Its getting difficult to take pics from inside the satelite so for the net few weeks the pics will be like this from outside the satelite.

Day 12 in flower.

2011-04-10_satelite_t2_d12_flower9.JPG

2011-04-10_satelite_t2_d12_flower12.JPG

2011-04-10_satelite_t2_d12_flower11.JPG

2011-04-10_satelite_t2_d12_flower10.JPG

Re: bonus material

And here are the wouldbe mums. The plants the clones were taken to fill the satelite minus the belladonna. They are at the end of the third week of flower these pics were taken the 1st day of the 4th week in flower.

mums_of_satelite_test-_no_bella_4th_week2.JPG

cannabia bigband
mums_of_satelite_test-_no_bella_4th_week_bigband.JPG

g13labs pineapple express
mums_of_satelite_test-_no_bella_4th_week_pinapl_expres2.JPG

cannabia powerskunk
mums_of_satelite_test-_no_bella_4th_week_powerskunk.JPG

paradise seeds sensistar
mums_of_satelite_test-_no_bella_4th_week_sensistar.JPG

cannabia special
mums_of_satelite_test-_no_bella_4th_week_special.JPG

hella green machine

The varieties in this run will sort-out suitability for this venue.
I've gotton heavier harvests will lesser quality strains, but
more value with a lighter yield, higher quality strain; PE.

I got 3.5g each from those tiny PEs I ran for shits & giggles.
Very densely trichomed but small buds. I did little for them.

Your cannabia bigband looks awesome :yummy:

Heath claimed 2.xx g/watt, but... He posts shows.
I think I hit .66 g/w with 16 little PEs around a 250. I can be happy with more of that.

I'm loving your build, Very similar in concept to my next build. Unfortunately I have to make due with as few plants as possible so I stay legal. I'm going to run a 1000w suspended like yours in a vertical screen with a recirculating DWC system with 16 plants, 2 per side. I was going to run my light in a through-n-through vented cool tube, but may reconsider after seeing your grow. I would be able to increase the diameter of my grow without the cooltube, and achieve more surface area on each screen, but am worried about temps. Also, you mention that your canopy is about 5' tall, do you notice a difference in bud quality at the top and bottom edges of the canopy? My plans were for a 4' tall screen, but may go with the 5' if their is no change in quality.

The plants won't get too tall with this setup because I am hitting them with light on the side instead of from above but some pruning is required. First you deleaf and remove branches on the backside and then prune again between the 2nd and 3rd week in flower. The bud becomes dense from top of the plant to the bottom of the plant because of the lights position. The height has more to do with how much light spread I can accomplish. If my light was stationary I would set the bulb in the middle of the 4 rows. If I was to cooltube it I would switch to 2 600s and 2 tubes and decrease diameter of machine. Does that help?

Re: Bonus Material

Mums of satelite (no bella) starting 5th week in flower.

mums_of_satelite_test-_no_bella_5th_week2.JPG

I am getting my money's worth out of this seed stock, 3 of the strains (bigband,special,powerskunk) were ufo freebies and I have 4 seeds left each of pineapple express and sensistar.

mums_of_satelite_test-_no_bella_5th_week4.JPG

Propa Gator, This pic is for you. BigBand (Cannabia)

mums_of_satelite_test-_no_bella_5th_week_bigband.JPG

This one is the pineapple express, Its the biggest and tallest of the group.

mums_of_satelite_test-_no_bella_5th_week_pineapple_express1.JPG

I think they are look good. These plants were heavily topped, cut, and topped again to be able to make a large group of clones.

:popcorn: Ok, wow ... just WOW! I barely feel worthy to even comment. I have much work to do.

You asked in my thread which pics I was talking about and it would be the 4/17 post with the ScrOG. Your buds are filling in nicely with tons of pistils popping everywhere. I can see how the buds will fill out. Mine are not doing that. Cold could definitely be at play as I've been looking back at my past grows.

Thank you for that point as I will be keeping climate considerations more prominent in my priority list in future grows. Used to be so concerned with high temps, but I did not have too many issues with high 90s grows. Live and learn. Thanks again, Mr. Smith! :peacetwo:

Edit: If any thread deserves a 5 STAR rating, it is this one. Come on folks, submit your votes by clicking the Rating stars for such a great contribution.

bonus material

Thank you for the kind words and rep. I will get five stars on this thread one day. If I can get close or above one gram per watt then I will be happy just to have it recorded in the archives.

The mums are just being recorded because its a good grow that has relations with the test and I hope it makes things interesting and not confusing. The scrog is mostly used for support rather than height control. 4inch squares and gives a good spread to maximize getting a large number of buds. The key is spacing the plants apart and pruning.
Mums at day 42 in flower.(minus bella)

mums_d42_flwr.JPG

mum_d42_flwr1.JPG

Top left is special, bottom left is bigband, center is sensistar, top right is powerskunk, and bottom right is pineapple express. Yellowing is do to ph issues, I am still getting used to RODI water. Shit goes down instead of up. The nutes is Dynagro bloom (one part nut) and dynagro protek(silica). The light is a 1000w hps running 2.5ft back and forth on a light mover.

Back
Top Bottom