420 Magazine Background

DIY rotating garden on the cheap

Budsbunny

By adjusting speed of fan?
Yes, the LED's warm up the air in the drum, I lower the temp in the drum by blowing colder air into the drum, more air = colder, less air = warmer.

Blew Hiller

Grow Journal of the Month: June 2019 - Plant of the Month: October 2019
Yes, the LED's warm up the air in the drum, I lower the temp in the drum by blowing colder air into the drum, more air = colder, less air = warmer.
Nice. I am the opposite for my winter indoor grows...I try to maximize heat retention because I grow in a 50-60F space.

Budsbunny

Day 28, November 28 2019

Plant no. 2 still growing....
nov28.jpg

Budsbunny

December 1, 2019

Quick update on the 2 clones.....the plan is still ON as they seem to be fine in the small RW cubes, no roots visible though....

dec1.jpg

Budsbunny

December 3, day 33, 2019

This picture will give you a better sense of the grow of the lettuce in the drum. I am pretty happy about how things are going right now and I really start looking forward having the 2 cannabis clones in the drum, hopefully next week…..

overview.jpg

overview.jpg

Budsbunny

? What is the normal grow time for the lettuce, has your system sped up this process ?
I am at week 5 now and in soil it takes 6 - 9 weeks, in hydro it takes about 4 weeks according the Internet so I am behind to the latter. I might have lost one week because of my clumsiness in the beginning and probably I could fine-tune things a bit but as it looks I might beat soil in the future but not DWC hydro, at least not with lettuce....

Still, for a first trial run I am happy with the result.

Budsbunny

Dec 8, 2019

Small update, the lettuce is still growing very well and roots are showing with one of the cannabis clones. As soon as I see roots at the second clone I will put them in the drum, hopefully this coming week.

dec8_1.jpg

dec8_2.jpg

Top Bottom