DIY Stealth Cab, Hydro, LED & Multiple Strains in Small Space - Oh Boy!

question for ya, is there a way to tell the difference between a male and female seed?? i've read that female seeds are more round and the female is more odd shaped, and a couple other things but im still unsure, what do you think?? i wanna get somethin started but i dont wanna go through all the non-sense, like the shit i went through last grow..

That would definitely be a convenient way to tell. Ive never read or heard about that but its possible i suppose. Youd have to do some hard research because most people havent heard about that im guessing. Get some fem seeds. They can OCCASIONALLY be male but its rare.

Mr. Krip said:
QUICK PIC UPDATE

The girls in flower will be getting a Clearex flush this weekend, then plain water until Wednesday, then 48 hours of dark, and a harvest next weekend! :yahoo:

The nugs are looking well developed and covered in trichomes. Very few white pistils left and lot of yellowing going on....she's definately ready! :grinjoint:

Happy Harvests!

K

Oh yeah! Definitely looking ready and GORGEOUS! Kudos to you Mr. K! It's always a great feeling when you know you are on the eve of a great harvest! Looking forward to the yield numbers! :thumb:

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

I remember OMM posting that a while back (and again recently) and saving a copy of it to start looking at my seeds closer. I've been growing almost all fem seeds lately, though, and I keep forgetting to refer back to it! Cool post Fromscratch!

Honestly, I'd be surprised if that were very reliable - I'd think everyone would be using it. Unless they're all lazy forgetful stoners like me. Wait, what?

QUICK PIC UPDATE

When I checked on the girls in flower this morning, I noticed that the drip ring on the larger of the two PE's wasn't dripping and must have been clogged. Luckily, with the airstone in the res, it was a non-issue as far as any problems, but since I had to take it apart to clear it anyways, I figured I'd just do the flush today instead of tomorrow.

So, she's in my bathroom getting her flush now and I can honestly say, my bathroom has NEVER smelled so good! :yummy:

While she was out of the cab, I snapped a few shots so you can see what she looks like without the influence of the LED's:

DSCN09023.JPG

DSCN09033.JPG

DSCN09082.JPG

DSCN09043.JPG

DSCN09053.JPG

DSCN09073.JPG

DSCN09133.JPG

DSCN09142.JPG

DSCN09104.JPG

Happy Harvests!

K

Man I cant believe its already that time again!! Harvest time seems to come so fast nowadays...It takes forever to watch our own grows, but seems like only a few weeks when you watch someone else's! Great looking erk brother, cant wait for the smoke report, and cant wait to see how your new 500w DS performs!!

I saw this on here and though you might want to look. I do not know if this works, but will try it out sometime.

Male_or_female3.jpg

I hope you didn't mind Mr. K

yes i posted this on my page, thats what i was goin off of, thats another reason why i was askin, just curious to see if there was a way to tell, so i figured i'd ask..

^^I really feel that this is a myth^^ There are so many different shaped and sized seeds. And they're all like a snow flake, no two are identical. I might listen to someone who has done a comparison of at least 1000 seeds, and recorded the results. But until then, that little chart is folk lore....

Looking really green and healthy! I'm surprised that you have so little fan leaf yellowing going on! Have you been clipping them off? Since I always clip my yellowing fan leaves off as they reach about 60% yellow, by the time I chop a plant there is usually nothing left on the branches but the buds themselves! :laughtwo:

Basically just the opposite of how your plant in that photo looks. How many weeks in is that one again?

Looking really green and healthy! I'm surprised that you have so little fan leaf yellowing going on! Have you been clipping them off? Since I always clip my yellowing fan leaves off as they reach about 60% yellow, by the time I chop a plant there is usually nothing left on the branches but the buds themselves! :laughtwo:

Basically just the opposite of how your plant in that photo looks. How many weeks in is that one again?

Yeah, I've been doing a good amount of trimming on them, but if you look at the first several pics, you can still see some good yellowing going on.

They went into 12/12 on 8/6 and 8/13 was Day #1 of flower, so she's been in bloom for 7 weeks now. If I chop next weekend, it will be a little less than a week sooner than I chopped the last one.

I'm trying a little earlier since Propa mentioned his PE's finish in 49 days and he says he doesn't see any difference in letting them go longer. Plus, the samples tested great!

Today is day #49 of bloom, but I'm gonna let them go until next weekend.

I did change the light schedule from 12/12 to 11/13 today, and on monday, I'll cut it back to 10/14. Then on Wednesday, I'll give them 48 hours of dark and harvest night Friday night or Saturday morning, assuming all goes as planned.

Sounds like a good plan! We've got plants on basically the same harvest schedule, although as you saw in my journal, GDP #1 threw me a curveball today!

I have never tried the 48 hours of darkness thing. Mainly because I usually finish everything outside most of the time. I might make a point to try that this winter if I decide to flower anything from start to finish indoors.

What is that supposed to accomplish again? Higher potency?

You'd think that with all the rain you guys get, your water would be excellent! I'm actually surprised to hear this!

Hi GG7 We are in the middle of a real bad drought....6 months at least. Our water is contaminated by spillage in sewers and such. Not very modern here.

Sounds like a good plan! We've got plants on basically the same harvest schedule, although as you saw in my journal, GDP #1 threw me a curveball today!

I have never tried the 48 hours of darkness thing. Mainly because I usually finish everything outside most of the time. I might make a point to try that this winter if I decide to flower anything from start to finish indoors.

What is that supposed to accomplish again? Higher potency?

Yes! Trichome production happens in the dark, and THC is degraded by light, so giving them the extra dark before harvest is supposed to increase potency. I tried it for the first time on the last harvest and was pretty happy with the results, so figured I'd do it again! :)

Yes! Trichome production happens in the dark, and THC is degraded by light, so giving them the extra dark before harvest is supposed to increase potency. I tried it for the first time on the last harvest and was pretty happy with the results, so figured I'd do it again! :)
I've read on one of the seed bank sites that they recommend putting White Widow into lights out for the last two week. Two weeks! Seems excessive to me. I'll give it a try when I get the WW clones ready for a run. Three groups 1). lights out for two weeks 2) lights out one week 3) lights on until finish. I'll run it in my test chamber but it will be a month or two before I get to that test.

I've read on one of the seed bank sites that they recommend putting White Widow into lights out for the last two week. Two weeks! Seems excessive to me. I'll give it a try when I get the WW clones ready for a run. Three groups 1). lights out for two weeks 2) lights out one week 3) lights on until finish. I'll run it in my test chamber but it will be a month or two before I get to that test.

WOW!!! Two weeks? :thedoubletake:

That does seem excessive - Watch out for budrot!

Back
Top Bottom