DIY window AC Chiller new Version

If you would like to know the manufacture of the coil. Shoot me a PM. I don't like to list a business name that isn't related to our hobby here.

What an awesome project! I am thinking of doing the same. Already have my window AC but would like to find out where to get the exchanger coil. I tried to send a PM but being a newbie it won't forum won't let me until I hit 50 posts... If you would kindly shoot me a PM I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Budly! I too am new. I am following your lead and made a super bad chiller out of a spare portable a/c and an old bath tub. So i really could use to talk to you. Will you msg me aswell to establish a connection with you? I could really use your expertise. Other wise ill be trying to work my posts up from total rookie to 50. Thanks man

Really appreciate the speedy response budly. However i crashed pretty early last night. Whats your time zone? Im off to work for the day in a bit but was hoping we could msg some this eve.

If this eve is not good for u, I do get notified on my iphone when i get a msg in. thanks again

I think Budly was trying to politely say that he would rather answer questions out here in the open. Mainly because others might have the same questions, and he would only have to answer them once.

Hope that helps....

were on the same page mr. poet, lol :) only met we can chat back and forth this eve here not in pm. but I do appreciate the opportunity to chat with you as well as the assist, I can use the posts.

oh boy... so i used the blower fan salvaged from the portable a/c I made my chiller out of, and it is blowing so fast the air is so cold the ducting in my room is condensing all over the place. So that's one kick put rigged up fan cooling 2 1000 watt ers in a couple of yield master air cooled's. Now what do I do? Any one dealt with this before? Budley, help me out before I go and wrap this duct up only to find that didnt work.

I don't understand your setup. Are you blowing chilled air through the hoods? Iceboxes? To condense water, the air would have to be a little cold, or the air too hot and humid. Every setup is going to be different and will require some fine tuning through trial and error.

Tell me more about your setup.

I work nights but often am online reading depending on my workload.

and yes I would like to see more available information available on this subject and am happy to help where I can.

hey but how big is your chillers res? im using an old tub. im guessing its about 30 gal. or so. hydro innovations only uses a 16 gal. res all the way up to 4 ton chillers. what do ya think?

hey but how big is your chillers res? im using an old tub. im guessing its about 30 gal. or so. hydro innovations only uses a 16 gal. res all the way up to 4 ton chillers. what do ya think?

I have used 100-40 and currently down to 20 gallons. I plan on going to 50.

The less taxed your chiller is, the smaller the rez can be. In my current situation, my chiller can handle the load fine. I just like having the buffer 50 gallons gives you.

Also, the hydroinnovations that have a built in rez are the big ones. The 1/2-1hp are basically the same thing I have built here in a nicer case.

What are you trying to do, tell me about your setup?

hey budly, what size pump are you running for the chiller? And how is the cooling loop configured? Like, chiller -> rez - pump -> "ice box" -> chiller? * & Where can I go about finding a coaxial heat exchanger like that one? Everything I've found online leads back to wholesale in china. Thanks for your help and this thread!!!

I have a 1200 gph running a circuit through my 3 fresca sol lamps. It is lifing the water 15 ft so the actual flow is much lower. I then run a small 300 gph circuit through the chiller which sits right next to the rez.

Coil source sent PM.

Back
Top Bottom