Good day and hello :ciao: to all my fellow growers! :Namaste:

My name is DKMG01 but you can call me DK. I am from South Africa and have almost 2 years experience in growing.

I am starting my new grow journal with new hardware!
The gorgeous
FC3000

images (33).jpeg

Firstly I'm overwhelmed to have the chance to test out this gorgeous light and am truly humbled. A huge thank you to @SmokeSara and Mars Hydro for the sponsor!

This will be a photo period grow with 4 plants in a 3 X 3 tent.

So upon arrival the box was heavier than what I had thought but after opening it I can see why. The padding inside was so secure I needed 2 people to help me take it out :laugh:.

20201020_122503.jpg

20201020_122744.jpg

What's in the box?

1. The light!
2. The driver
3. A lot of padding
4. Mars hydro stickers
5. Ratchet straps

6. The manual

7. The plug for the wall socket

The wall socket plug was not for my wall sockets so I just opted my plug I had for my old lights. In South Africa we have a three prong plug but the prongs are round.

So in person it has a super solid structure! Almost as if it was cast like this.
I love the fact that the LED's are IP65 water proof and when placed down, the LED bars do not touch the floor. It's amazing that it comes with a built in dimmer.
The driver is detachable and can be placed up to 2m away incase your tent may get a tad bit too warm.

20201027_075320.jpg

Just FYI this was at 25% strength when taken.
I have been running this beaut for a week now testing it out and surprise suprise... I get a heatwave in my country... So Temps were like crazy high inside and out but after some tweaking I managed to get a good rate at about 27.6°c at peak midday and at night time I would have 24.5°c. I managed this like anyone else just by running "day mode" during the night and leaving lights off in the day time. It's to my advantage that the driver can be placed outside so that I can avoid heat issues and have control from outside.

20201029_183055.jpg

These will be my lovely future ladies!

3 Feminized ladies from @Dope-Seeds.com
1 x Kalashnikov
1 x White Widow
1 x Northern Lights
and another I recieved as a gift from another company.
1 x Blueberry
All from my Grow journal of the month prizes.

I am personally so excited as these strains have been what I wanted to grow ever since I thought about growing.

I have a 3 X 3 tent that I believe should be comfortable to grow 4 plants as long as I maintain them. I might later on look at a SCROG.

Screenshot_20201029-183759_takealot.jpg

I ordered 4 x 20 litre freedom pots. I have been hearing good things about them and I needed new sexy pots anyways! The candy was legit just cause I'd have had to pay and additional R60 just for delivery... :rofl: so the candy got me delivery for half price plus free candy.

20201029_184044.jpg

My equipment is as follows :
1 x. 3 X 3 tent

1 x hydor 100 exhaust fan
3 X USB fans
1 x box fan

1 x ph pen

I will be growing in my traditional coco/perlite mix but with this time a bit more coco. And my usual feed for weed nutrients. The coco in my area has increased from R15 to R40 a 600g brick which is insane but oh well.

I don't have anything planted as of yet so those lovely seeds will be soaking overnight. But for the mean time I do have some testing autos that had a lovely photo shoot!

20201020_191410.jpg

Left - Kush Von Stitch autoflower
Right - Bubblegum extra autoflower

20201020_201300.jpg

20201020_185321.jpg

I can take amazing photos now!! :yahoo:

I would like to invite my growmies :
@InTheShed @Backlipslide @Pennywise @Canadadoes @Rhys777 @Smeegol @Lerugged @Carmen Ray
And everyone else wanting to join.

Join me on my journey and may we have a great grow together.

:theband::theband::theband:

Congratulations on the light DK and thanks @SmokeSara! Nice to see that some companies can ship internationally. :thumb:

Your existing plants are going to love it and the new seeds look like a killer lineup to start from scratch in there.
:welldone:
Always humbled by your kind words and assistance my friend.

Oh snap! Killer stuff brother, can’t wait for this one would not miss it. Looking forward to seeing what the MarsHydro FC series can do.
Always happy to have you tag along my good sir. I'm loving the skeleton bars look!

Looking good, I’ll stay for the ride.
Hey there! Thank you very much for the tag along!!

My name is DKMG01 but you can call me DK. I am from South Africa and have almost 2 years experience in growing.

The gorgeous
FC3000

images (33).jpeg

Firstly I'm overwhelmed to have the chance to test out this gorgeous light and am truly humbled. A huge thank you to @SmokeSara and Mars Hydro for the sponsor!

So upon arrival the box was heavier than what I had thought but after opening it I can see why. The padding inside was so secure I needed 2 people to help me take it out :laugh:.

20201020_122503.jpg

20201020_122744.jpg

What's in the box?

1. The light!
2. The driver
3. A lot of padding
4. Mars hydro stickers
5. Ratchet straps

6. The manual

The wall socket plug was not for my wall sockets so I just opted my plug I had for my old lights. In South Africa we have a three prong plug but the prongs are round.

So in person it has a super solid structure! Almost as if it was cast like this.
I love the fact that the LED's are IP65 water proof and when placed down, the LED bars do not touch the floor. It's amazing that it comes with a built in dimmer.
The driver is detachable and can be placed up to 2m away incase your tent may get a tad bit too warm.

20201027_075320.jpg

I have been running this beaut for a week now testing it out and surprise suprise... I get a heatwave in my country... So Temps were like crazy high inside and out but after some tweaking I managed to get a good rate at about 27.6°c at peak midday and at night time I would have 24.5°c. I managed this like anyone else just by running "day mode" during the night and leaving lights off in the day time. It's to my advantage that the driver can be placed outside so that I can avoid heat issues and have control from outside.

20201029_183055.jpg

1 x Kalashnikov
1 x White Widow
1 x Northern Lights
1 x Blueberry

I am personally so excited as these strains have been what I wanted to grow ever since I thought about growing.

I have a 3 X 3 tent that I believe should be comfortable to grow 4 plants as long as I maintain them. I might later on look at a SCROG.

I ordered 4 x 20 litre freedom pots. I have been hearing good things about them and I needed new sexy pots anyways! The candy was legit just cause I'd have had to pay and additional R60 just for delivery... :rofl: so the candy got me delivery for half price plus free candy.

20201029_184044.jpg

1 x. 3 X 3 tent

3 X USB fans
1 x box fan

1 x ph pen

I will be growing in my traditional coco/perlite mix but with this time a bit more coco. And my usual feed for weed nutrients. The coco in my area has increased from R15 to R40 a 600g brick which is insane but oh well.

I don't have anything planted as of yet so those lovely seeds will be soaking overnight. But for the mean time I do have some testing autos that had a lovely photo shoot!

20201020_191410.jpg

Right
- Bubblegum extra autoflower

20201020_201300.jpg

20201020_185321.jpg

@InTheShed @Backlipslide @Pennywise @Canadadoes @Rhys777 @Smeegol @Lerugged @Carmen Ray

Love your into bro, very well done. ( Wish I could have copied it ) hahha

Love your into bro, very well done. ( Wish I could have copied it ) hahha
Thank you brother. I much liked your pics though

Thank you brother. I much liked your pics though

This is gonna be fun bro. Running plants almost at the same time. I'm just waiting for a few more items, likely next week and its go time.

The gorgeous
FC3000

images (33).jpeg

20201020_122503.jpg

20201020_122744.jpg

What's in the box?

1. The light!
2. The driver
3. A lot of padding
4. Mars hydro stickers
5. Ratchet straps

6. The manual

20201027_075320.jpg

20201029_183055.jpg

1 x Kalashnikov
1 x White Widow
1 x Northern Lights
1 x Blueberry

20201029_184044.jpg

1 x. 3 X 3 tent

3 X USB fans
1 x box fan

1 x ph pen

20201020_191410.jpg

Right
- Bubblegum extra autoflower

20201020_201300.jpg

20201020_185321.jpg

I’m in for the ride, I have 2 TS1000s I’m vegging under now. I’ve been looking at the new Mars lights since I won’t be flowering under my hps lights this round. Looking forward to following your experiences.

Cheers :roorrip:

This is gonna be fun bro. Running plants almost at the same time. I'm just waiting for a few more items, likely next week and its go time.
So it will be the same time then!

I’m in for ride, I have 2 TS1000s I’m begging under now. I’ve been looking at the new Mars lights since I won’t be flowering under my hps lights this round.

Cheers :roorrip:
Dude!!! I remember your name! Reminds me of my first journal I remember distinctly saying you got the best name on this site ever!! So glad you stopped by. I've seen those ts1000 lights. They look crazy bright and you say you have 2? I bet they growing super dense by now.

Yessir!! I took the summer to get some business squared away as well as navigating the current realities state side.
was glad to see you, @West Hippie @Backlipslide had all got journal of the month when I logged back in.
I was still gardening but didn’t journal much other then a few pictures.

Yessir!! I took the summer to get some business squared away as well as navigating the current realities state side.
was glad to see you, @West Hippie @Backlipslide had all got journal of the month when I logged back in.
I was still gardening but didn’t journal much other then a few pictures.
Ahh thank you! And now? Are you Journaling?

Ahh thank you! And now? Are you Journaling?
Yes I’m giving it another shot, it’s in my signature. I just started my last 2 big bud from nirvana. 1 in Dwc that I’ll flower once she’s big enough the other in coco as my mother.

Back
Top Bottom