Great news getting the DWC sorted out! One less thing to worry about is always one less thing to worry about :).

I'll have to change some dollars to yen!
No I got hold of the right one but funny have not got a quote yet. I did get a call to mail a certain address but nothing. I'll try again... Basically all that's stopping me is the shipping from Cali to Florida and ofcourse I must just have the other half readily available then boom.

The DWC even bubbles different with this fertilizer. Everthing is clean and I'm so happy. Think I should decrease the water level as the peat luck in there is very very moist..

I'm glad to hear dwc canna fairies are smiling down upon you boetie, bout time hey... haha

How's the girls looking today...
It really is. I must say the haven't been to easy to convince hey. Everthing seems to be well in DWC land but the other are extremely owed down. I figure the cold maybe as it's been weeks and they still in seedling. So I'm thinking maybe some sunlight?

Will post as I get home doing the graveyard shift today with it being so quiet

Will post as I get home doing the graveyard shift today with it being so quiet
So much for that o_O...

Update!!!

OK so shit... I really wasn't keeping up with everthing. Had some things to sort out and then there is work and it's own stress... Seemed to have injured muly back from picking up a fridge and Holy shit I feel in so much pain. Got my pills and injection and was knocked out. Now on pills for the pain. Man I already feel old :lot-o-toke::rofl:

Not much has gone on really. It would seem this cold was too much for the smaller ones and after 1 month they all in seedling for still...

20200823_143228.jpg

Anyways.... I have resorted to using good old sun as I have mentioned before and well on seedling especially loved that and actually grew up a bit

20200823_135406.jpg

This would be the KVS Auto. As compared to the rest she looks to be growing now. Well atleast it was a learning experience... This one I remember grows really dark once matured. I'm just really hoping the auto timer doesn't kick in now and I end up with a single bud now :rofl:

20200823_135409.jpg

Here we have the Dark Devil auto...
Much to my disappointment in my own patience she is stunted.. Well even if this is one head I'm keeping it... So same story sun and all and 24hrs lights on for heat purposes...
Temps will be warming up soon. We already climbing from - 2°c in the morning to 8°c. Should be first week September the Temps will be better to growing.

And here is the runt of the litter!

20200823_135401.jpg

Now here we have stunted and some wierd ass growth... Which is OK I mean it happens and all is well. I have taken this one out so :rip:
I will think about what I'll plant next whether I want to plant another auto or perhaps one of the many photoperiods I have. Hmm decisions...

OK let's go to the DWC...

20200823_135100.jpg

My Lil striped pyjama friend here is the Bubblegum auto. So that appears to me like lockout and after some research it's nitrogen lockout... So no biggie right? I mean this is fixable. Then it hit me! When last did I ph balance.... :rolleyes:

So ph test and wow what a lovely swing from 5.8 to 7.6 :lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:
Out comes the spirit vinegar and some 30ml later we back at 5.8... Two days later 7.2 so shit here is a issue. Again some reaserch later I see that it is pretty normal for a swing in the early days but I mean come on but I guess I'm OK with the daily dosage of vinegar. I replaced the tank today and cleaned a bit of gunky nutes off. Really not bad or sticky this time around no smell no nothing so I guess I'm OK with the nutes.

20200822_100022.jpg

My Critical Jack clone!
If it wasn't for me growing it I wouldn't believe it. After actually seeing it, cloning is pretty cool I must say. I hope to see some fat nugs on this one. I have seen some contorted leaves on top. Like just an odd one here and there. No other symptoms of anything else. I actually pushed this one a bit with veg nutes all the way up to the point I say trich form. Which is roughly 3-4 weeks. I have very dense looking buds forming bud dense with leaves.

20200822_100013.jpg

I have some purpling on top forming. Still slight pm issue but it doesn't seem so bad at all.

Anyways hope everyone has a great day!

:theband::theband::theband:

Damn I hope your back recovers soon and you don't have to follow in Smeegol's shoes!
after some research it's nitrogen lockout... So no biggie right? I mean this is fixable. Then it hit me! When last did I ph balance
A spout that young shouldn't have N deficiency as it's pulling its nutrients from the cotyledons. I think you need to keep your pH in a much narrower range.
I guess I'm OK with the daily dosage of vinegar.
I know that vinegar doesn't last long as a pH down method, but I don't know what it does in terms of allowing bacteria to thrive in the water.

Damn I hope your back recovers soon and you don't have to follow in Smeegol's shoes!

A spout that young shouldn't have N deficiency as it's pulling its nutrients from the cotyledons. I think you need to keep your pH in a much narrower range.

I know that vinegar doesn't last long as a pH down method, but I don't know what it does in terms of allowing bacteria to thrive in the water.
Very interesting you say that. I will make sure to keep the ph regular. Thank you for correcting me.
I do not know about vinegar but I haven't given thought to buying ph down really. Maybe if things go better I shall invest in that some time.

15984353549115827081403103400966.jpg

Very worried about this one.. I ph down daily and still she looks like this. Could be the nutes just isnt hydro appropriate or I'm still doing something wrong.

So far off to yet another bad start but with autos... I'm not giving up. Temps are rising now and my KVS is pushing now. Dark devil still seems to be a runt.

20200824_151010.jpg

A friend of mine gave me some of this purple looking bud. Smoke was Devine! Hope to breed one of those purple beauties soon

I just weighed my two DDAs and together they came to 33g, so I never expect much from them.

Are you measuring the hydro pH every day? Are you still using vinegar as pH down? I hear you can use diluted battery acid as pH down (carefully) and it's really cheap and inorganic. @FelipeBlu describes his dilution here.

And here.
Wait what?? Only 33g? I should make a turn by you and have a look.
I measure everyday and it seems to go to 7.6 rather quick. Now idk if that is OK or when you are actually supposed to ph down again. Maybe the ph down solutions last longer.
Battery acid hey? I would never have thought of that in a million years.

Wait what?? Only 33g? I should make a turn by you and have a look.
I measure everyday and it seems to go to 7.6 rather quick. Now idk if that is OK or when you are actually supposed to ph down again. Maybe the ph down solutions last longer.
Battery acid hey? I would never have thought of that in a million years.

Never knew bout battery acid either, I use lemon juice to pH down but don't know how that would react in dwc...

Never knew bout battery acid either, I use lemon juice to pH down but don't know how that would react in dwc...
I have used it in the past. I used more lemon juice than what I did vinegar. Plant looks rather good today must say. Will update soon. I Pulled the dark devil as it wasn't growing anymore. Like at all...

So today is first day of spring in South Africa!! Marking the d day for all South African growers!

Let me go dig out my Gelato

That's what mine do. They get to a point and then absolutely nothing happens!
I won't lie I'm pretty PO. I know the cold had a major role but damn man that was an expensive seed... I want to come have a look at what you harvested quick. Been getting loading bars on the site a making it difficult to load

I grow the DDA expecting very little, like half an ounce a plant. This is a 7 gallon pot.
I just went to go see it now. When you out it up for dry in the box it is as if the appearance changed completely. I'm rather disappointed tbh. Like in the plant itself. It is as if it a breed of a runt if you understand what I'm saying. Don't get me wrong you grew some beautiful nugs. And far far far better than my attempt hahahaha.

Caught up a few pages on your thread :popcorn:

Nice selection of seeds!

I rarely have good luck with autos outside which is why I rarely grow them any more. Just the DDA's because I know they're going to be tiny aphid-infested plants. But the buds are so pretty and they smell great when cured. And folks really like the high. That's why I put three in one pot!
I agree with you. I think I will grow 3 autos and one photo for now and when I harvest the autos I can plant the other photos. I just want one big plant

I agree with you. I think I will grow 3 autos and one photo for now and when I harvest the autos I can plant the other photos. I just want one big plant

Try and keep it low and spread out for big plant if in tent boetie cause I wasted alot of usable light footprint by going Xmas tree in my tent.

Back
Top Bottom