Pub & Grow part 2

Hello all!
:woohoo:
I'm from South Africa and will be Journaling my grow again. As always all and any advice or information is gladly welcomed with open arms. :cheer:
First off!
I'd like to tag and thanks those that have helped me
: @Backlipslide @InTheShed @Preston9mm @Pennywise @Lerugged @Smeegol @Canadadoes @Rhys777 I can't thank you guys enough for the help and input you give!

I will be covering both indoors and outdoors with all the tips and tricks I have gathered from our lovely community:love:

Let's get it started with the details! :meditate:

20200720_103108.jpg

I have :

1 x (1.2mx1.2mx2m) Grow tent
2 x 200w purple grow lights
4 x grow light tubes
2 x desktop fans
1 x box fan
1 x 6" inline extractor fan
And with the recent edition

1 x air pump

Temperatures are low as its end of winter still got this month to go then its spring 1st September.
Current it's 19.3°c in the tent and it drops to about 13°c now at midnight.
I currently have 4 plants.

I use a brand of salt based nutrients called feed for weed which is for both hydro and soil in their respective measurements.

I use 10g per 10 litre of water and feed every 2 days as its cold but can go up to 2 times a day at rates of 5 litres a plant in middle of summer! :morenutes:
Ph balanced to 5.8 in veg and 6.2 in flower but to be honest I have not balanced water in almost half a year and had no issues with a full grow so there is that. Obviously if it's hydro we keep to the rules but coco has some play in it which I love. :reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine:

20200801_160920.jpg

We have here the Critical Jack clone

So this is my very first ever clone that grew and boy did she grow! She was monster cropped being cut at 2 weeks into flower. She is giving me a headache with Powdery mildew but a good defoliating and she is both prepared and pm free. :nomo:

20200803_180958.jpg

That Lil runt of the litter there would be my:

Strain : Dark Devil :love:
Type : Autoflower
Planted : 22 July 2020

Medium : Coco Perlite

Feminized : Yes

Funny story. She was lost in the coco after the first day already. I had tried to unearth her cause the coco and pot was icy cold. In my doing so I had lost the seed. Alas 1 week later she popped out of the side. She has been placed in the middle very carefully. She has since been faulty small and yellowish... I have not fed nutes as of yet.
I am very excited for this baby. These seeds were gifted to me from my GJOTM prize. :slide::yahoo:

20200802_134056.jpg

Miss short dark and beautiful here would be none other than :

Strain : Kush Von Stitch
Type : Autoflower
Planted : 21 July 2020

Medium : Coco Perlite

Feminized : No

These babies come from Brother @Smeegol and they have been fune to grow. Rather small but the buds frost up so much and the leaves grow very very dark. These are regs so 50/50 male or female chance. I have two of them here so I won't post both now as the just seedlings. :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

Lastly I have here...

15964717508216219787976296126504.jpg

My new DIY DWC bucket!

20 litre bucket called a miss Molly.. :rolleyes:

I will look for my 420magazine sticker and stick over that ;):cool:

At just under 15 litres the water touches the net pot but since there isn't anything in it for now we shall let her bubble and test for a week.
Been wondering Wether or not I should be doing it again and eventually caved to curiousity... :reading420magazine:

This time I will not have light leak!!! While cutting the hole for the net pot I split the lid a Lil...
I silicone'd the crack and the net pot to the lid. I decided to then buy some duct tape to make sure no light is entering from the top. I even taped over the joints leading in for the air supply. :nerd-with-glasses:

IMG_20200802_110049_449.jpg

I placed an order from a local seed supplier and got my confirmation today it was recieved. I ought to have a poll to see which one to plant in the DWC. :tommy:

IMG_20200803_145551_904.jpg

And a group shot of the whole lot!
I will be posting weekly an update on how things are going but feel free to share jokes topics and discussions!

:theband::theband::theband:

Ayyyeee, I’m in @Dkmg01
Glad the lost seed made its appearance brother! Bet that was a nice surprise when she finally popped. I’m close to harvest on my girls. Although the journal won’t end there. I’ll keep it going till the breeding is done. Then start a new one after!
Happy to be here.
:high-five: :passitleft:

I’m in DK, you have some good stuff going.
Always happy to have you tag along! Got Gelato #33, blueberry, white widow and perhaps northern lights lined up for the summer part.

Ayyyeee, I’m in @Dkmg01
Glad the lost seed made its appearance brother! Bet that was a nice surprise when she finally popped. I’m close to harvest on my girls. Although the journal won’t end there. I’ll keep it going till the breeding is done. Then start a new one after!
Happy to be here.
:high-five: :passitleft:
Hey brother! Very glad to have you tag along. Please add the link to your journal as I'd much like to follow along. I am going to reset my list of what I follow and start a fresh. I think I got carried away the first time round haha. Was a real relief for me

For sure brother, it’s a kind of long one.
Starts getting more interesting around the last 9 pages though. Lol.

For sure brother, it’s a kind of long one.
Starts getting more interesting around the last 9 pages though. Lol.

I'm a going to say good evening @Canadadoes as I was lurking in your journal just yesterday... haha I'm Smeegs nice to meet ya, enjoying your experiments ya get up too...

Hello boetie what a banging way to start up and running already, nice lineup of autos going to be hard choosing though, purple glam or sweet tooth hey... haha.

I do agree with ya on the pH though as I haven't checked in over a year now in growing, although Rhys777 and myself were discussing it last week after some mentioned it looked like ugly Betty had a lockout and it bugged me for ages so I got pool strips and my girls are looking sweet and I have no probs... haha

Hello boetie what a banging way to start up and running already, nice lineup of autos going to be hard choosing though, purple glam or sweet tooth hey... haha.

I do agree with ya on the pH though as I haven't checked in over a year now in growing, although Rhys777 and myself were discussing it last week after some mentioned it looked like ugly Betty had a lockout and it bugged me for ages so I got pool strips and my girls are looking sweet and I have no probs... haha
Hey smeegs. Happy having you tag along. I am also leaning on the purple glam.

I'll try to get here more often!
Always appreciated Mr shed.

Afternoon, evening your time I guess, DK...I am going to sit in the corner and vegetate will I watch this one if you don’t mind ;)
Awesome brother glad you could make it!

first page. Thanks for the tag growmes !! Looks like a good lineup for sure
Thank you for stopping by my brother.

Update!

:tommy::tommy::tommy::tommy::tommy::tommy::tommy::tommy::tommy::tommy:

OK well might be a bit of older details but I have the pictures.

20200801_161322.jpg

And here is the roots of my clone! This would be 1 month after she started to show signs of growth. She has been through forgetful nights and left outside in - 5°c weather but pushed through. She is starting to flower although f#*= knows why. I don't really have space to flower her out without her being subject to cold and mould inviting conditions.

20200801_165447.jpg

The plan was actually to cut clones and perhaps sell a few to friends. That idea flew out the window.

She has been placed in a bigger pot and is chugging along after her defoliating

20200801_165408.jpg

So my Lil DDA is fairly yellow and tiny AF. I have heard of this plant being finicky. Is there anything I could be doing wrong or what. I spray the water over the area and water rather lightly as to not over water. If anything it's about 100ml per Lil seedling when the area on top starts to dry a Lil. :straightface:

20200804_092933.jpg

Maybe she is just a runt but an expensive one to note haha. Lucky I got her in a voucher.
Anyone know anything as to why then please inform me. :lot-o-toke:

I am in need of some pots for the summer. Shoprite either caught on to my journal and saw I was using their groceries bags as pots or they just don't supply them now cause I have seen none since lockdown. Now I must either order those pricey pots or learn to use a sewing machine. Interesting times ahead I tell you! :rolleyes::goof:

In regards with figures :nerd-with-glasses:

Tempreture - 16.7°c in the morning
Picks up to 19°c in midday and 13°c at midnight.
Humidity is at 40% which is already concerning but I don't have fans on.

That's all for now. Not much to report as of yet.
Have a blessed day.

:theband::theband::theband:

--And-what-do-they-call-a-Rim-Job-in-Cars.jpg

Holy vlokki I almost read that as - 16.5c boetie and I thought faak your dorpie gets alot colder than I remember visiting grandparents there as a laaitie...

Ya I'm also finding the ddas a tough grow hey boetie, I got 2 on the go which I got from Rhyss and it's been like pulling teeth... haha

But Rhyss recommended drilling extra holed in the bottom of the pits to provide more aeration/breathing and also using a skewer to poke holes downwards from the top of your pots...

I just ordered 6x 25lt grow bags for bout r52 from a place local to Kzn if that interests you hey...

Holy vlokki I almost read that as - 16.5c boetie and I thought faak your dorpie gets alot colder than I remember visiting grandparents there as a laaitie...

Ya I'm also finding the ddas a tough grow hey boetie, I got 2 on the go which I got from Rhyss and it's been like pulling teeth... haha

But Rhyss recommended drilling extra holed in the bottom of the pits to provide more aeration/breathing and also using a skewer to poke holes downwards from the top of your pots...

I just ordered 6x 25lt grow bags for bout r52 from a place local to Kzn if that interests you hey...
Send me the details. I'll keep those tips in mind

So I'm hardly at work and boom! Another case... Seems I'm more home than anything lately.

My Dark Devil doubled in size now so I'm happy about that. Thinking I'll start nute feeding 2m at a very light dose

Mini Update

Here is my Dark Devil auto looking all light green. :lot-o-toke:

20200806_140737.jpg

Wierd looking cotyledon on the right. Let's hope she gets going now! :straightface:

20200806_140742.jpg

Here we have the KVS looking all dark as per normal. Can't wait to see this super dark leaves she throws out. Just hope they are fems...

20200806_142756.jpg

So I got this wierd shit forming on the side of the resevouir. Can anyone assist me with what it is and how to stop it?

Upon some research I think my airstones are infected with some trace of brown algae. With that I'll be replacing and sterilizing evething else.

Back
Top Bottom