DK's Vert Undercurrent Headband Grow

divinekoncepz

what's up everyone i'm dK. this is a medical grow out of Arizona. let's talk system for this grow...

DIY 6 site undercurrent
3" net pots
2" main piping
3/4" return piping
4 gallon grow sites
ecoplus commercial 3 air pump w/ alita air discs
inline filter from current culture
950 gph danner mag drive
ecoplus 1/4 hp water chiller
2 32g res
all insulated piping
canna aqua nutes

the system will be under 2000w vertically as you can see. central a/c plus 10,000btu portable a/c unit. R/O is available directly to the reservoir on the right, and has a pump which can drain one res to the one on the left. my reasoning behind this is just to have an extra res ready to go. i've heard these systems can drink a substantial amount of water in mid flower. strain is headband from reserva privada. i have 3 mothers going and have just taken cuttings today which have been placed directly into my aero cloner. the aero cloner uses the same 3" net cups w/ lids and i have placed the cuttings directly in hydroton. once rooted i will veg in the cloner for a couple weeks and then transplant to the UC. see pictures below... aerocloner is just 285gph pump attached to spraying manifold. there is 16 sprayers down there i believe. cloner and moms are in agromax mother keeper with 6" exhaust fan. i've got a titan helios 1 in the mail and should be here soon to solve my electricity problem. anywho...attached are some pics and hope you will follow this grow should be very dialed in and fun to watch pan out. be back in a couple weeks with updates on the clones.

2ziy6a9.jpg

axmfcx.jpg

oarz11.jpg

2zre4k8.jpg

Hi mate, how are ya..
well... all i can say is, DAMN DAMN DAMN!! Shit id love to have a room setup like this ay! Id grow some mass VERT TREES.. Your bigger girls are looking great:thumb:
Ill keep an eye on this one buddy, Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;) Smokem..

what's up this is about day 12 or so of the clones in aerocloner w/ clay pebbles. these 2 have some nice white roots coming out...very nice. i wanted to try cloning like this but hadn't seen anyone really doing it like this but it works so yeah :thumb:

photo_1166.JPG

photo_2135.JPG

here is some mothers. i am going to keep them about this tall i think. i've just been feeding them fox farm nutrients about once a week and they look pretty healthy. ive been wanting to do the bonsai technique. maybe soon

photo_3102.JPG

i just installed this it's the titan helios 1. wiring it wasn't that fun but i'm glad i have it now. the old zinsco panel at this house was more of a hassle than i expected...had to add a lug on both neutral and ground bars for the 6g wire and had to hunt down a 50 amp breaker to fit the box. it is a nice unit though definitly! also hooked up the 10,000 btu ac and it's ready to go. honestly, my temps are like 68 with central AC set on 78. the whole room is insulated with foam and i don't even know if i'd need the AC but just wanted to be safe as i'm running 2 1000w hps bare bulb = hot.

photo_478.JPG

here is a pic of my brain area of the UC. i couldn't get water to flow into the controller bucket from the water chiller with the sole 950gph pump so i had to plumb in a 700 on the output side of the chiller. it flows good now...not sure why i need two pumps but it's coming out at the perfect temperature.

photo_539.JPG

i'm going to veg the clones in the cloner for a couple weeks i think and then transfer them to the UC to begin flowering. i decided i'll be using canna aqua flores A+B, probably some an pk 9/18 later on, botanicare calmag supplements. until next time...... happy smoking:tokin:

i have put 3 clones into the UC. in only 2 days the roots have gone from the picture above to this:

photo_3103.JPG

this further solidifies my belief in under current hydroponics and i am excited to see what it does with near zero veg plants

plant food

photo_2136.JPG

and here's them in the grow sites

photo_1167.JPG

i have only added 0.1 EC of some GH Micro nutes that i had. the clones were looking like they might appreciate that after the rooting process...as soon as the other clones are ready to transfer i will start adding the canna nutes.

arizonameds:

I used uniseals from bulkreefsupply.com. they are very good and BRS also sells a hole saw kit for about 20$ with a bunch of different sized hole saws. essential for building these types of systems. go under current as there's no Drip lines to plumb = less chance for leaks.

so.... I've got a 10,000 btu unit that can't take my temp down even 5 degrees. POS. online dealer agreed to return for full refund with paid return shipping so I am going to do that. I'm gonna have to drop my 3 babies back into aero for now as I can't run vertical lighting without good AC. gotta love grow room problems!!!! argh...

what brand a/c? I just got a 14K BTU Soleus that is an all season a/c, heater, fan and dehumidifier. I will let you know how it works out. I am currently getting equip. together for a indoor tent grow 8'x8'x7' RDWC type tree grow. 1/4 hp chiller with a 6" ice box and ice cap. I am waiting on some seeds and hydroton. I am allowed 12 plants but I feel that it will turn out best if I do a "first run" and learn what problems I am going to deal with on like maybe 4 sites first.?
Please keep in touch and feel free to advise.

it's a sharp. refurbished unit obviously didn't do diddly squat in the refurbishing process. I'm prolly going to go with a 12k window mount by LG. my room is 10x10 so a 12k has got to do the trick. I'm also thinking about downgrading my 2 1k hps to 600's depending if this AC can cool them both but cross that bridge later on. good luck on your construction I'm only really familiar with building strictly undercurrent design as I saw a flaw in how the drip lines are fashioned commonly in RDWC. I like the security of undercurrent because if you construct it properly the first time there is little to no possibility for leaks in the future. plus the 2" piping is just a beast for flow rates.

when you say drip lines are you talking about a top feed? or adding air stones? I have been researching and some folks say that there is more Dissolved Oxygen with the waterfall method than with an air pump and a lot less problems with root rot and similar undesirables? I dunno the last time I ran a bubbler bucket and used an airstone was along time ago, I am so glad to see how much has evolved since I have been growing only outside. I am working on my parts list and scored a 1/4 hp chiller so it's getting there. Still waiting on my tent and have to decide what to do with all the LED growing lights that I wish I never bought! Oh well as a supplement I am thinking they will be worth it.
Jazzed to see someone from my home state doing similar things. I'm pulling for you and yours DK

well in rdwc I'm not exactly sure how to word this but I believe the drip lines ( feed lines ) are pumped by a pump placed directly in the controller which pump to each grow site. somewhere in the setup It needed holes to be punched and barbs placed inline where water was flowing. this just seemed like a problem waiting to happen. I wish I could find the tutorial I'll look for it later I'm not sure if it's following the same criteria as your design. anywho as far as root problems my friend that 1/4hp is your solution in any water culture system. roots problems are cause by hot nute solution and acidic ph generally 5.5 and lower. as long as the ph is set correctly and water temps are around 70 that's ideal conditions. as far as air I follow 1 watt/ gallon with the air pump but more never hurts. I would be skeptical to rely on only the drip lines for aeration. i would run air as well...just my 2 cents. glad to help anyway I can sir

farmers markets I didn't know... what is it.

anyway yea my cloner wasn't working right so I built a new one in a bucket with those really fine misting heads and a mag drive. not using the pebbles just neoprene and clone. I have 3 just bubbling in water ready to flower. so yeah just waiting on these to root before going any further.

photo257.JPG

yes the ones on the left will need nutrients soon. I've been neglecting building a new cloner but got it together now. I just got done building another 6 site identical to my under current for my buddy. so well have 2 UC headband grows going at the same time but mine is vertical and his are cool tube horizontal, both 2000w. I am curious to see the results of both

Back
Top Bottom