DK's Vert Undercurrent Headband Grow

day 43. buds have started swelling slightly but not really. room is smelling very dank. ec is stable at 1.03, ph fluctuating between 5.8 and 6.0. room temps 70, humidity 40% and water temp @ about 72.

a158.jpg

b95.jpg

c76.jpg

here is the no veg clone. how much bud do you think she will make in the end? i'm guessing not that much...oh well was wondering what the outcome would be so i tried it out

d77.jpg

1 from the next batch. got my aero clone technique down good now. i'm running 9 330 degree sprayers on a 350 gph mag drive with ball valve at 1/2 on input, not submerged. the ambient temperature is about 72 so i want to say the water temp is 74-75. i switch the water at 10 days, only RO. also, cleaned and ran the system with very hot water and wiped out before next try. i think this is crucial and also water at close to 5.8 as possible.

e28.jpg

freshly pruned mum lookin pretty

f60.jpg

ideal atmospheric conditions

g38.jpg

:peace:

Looking good DK, love that mother plant. I am impressed at how much growth your gettin from the one light. I am having a hard time getting my PH to stay below 6 in the bucket I am using to water my little seedlings. Only 1 air stone maybe when my RDWC system is up and running I will have an easier time with the PH like you mentioned ?

I wouldn't want it going any higher. I always try to keep it at 50% or less in flower once the buds set. Make sure you have an oscillating fan pushing the air around and you ought to be ok. Do you have a dehumidifier you can use if it gets much higher?
Right now I have the opposite problem and am having a hard time keeping the RH high enough. I'd like 60-70% right now in veg. and am at 30%. I am using a cool air humidifier and have a few buckets of water in the tent.

Are you saying your plants grew just as good in the veg. state at lower humidity as it does when your room has a higher humidity level? I have been doing everything I can think of other than hooking up a second humidifier and I might do just that as soon as I can get another one. Just looked at my remote thermometer and in it's dark cycle its 73.7 F and 37% RH. I know as soon as my RDWC system is running I will have the opposite problem.

yeah in dwc i have noticed that 30% is fine i mean of course it can't hurt to have it high for veg but this time i've vegged in 50% and didn't see much difference. im not sure if this would be sufficient with other systems tho. for dwc as long as my water and room is cool they love it

plants are looking great DK! mother is lookn healthy and ready for action! im surpised at how much they've grown since you turned them over :cheesygrinsmiley: good stuff :thumb: :goodjob: :Namaste:

ty sir. i'm going to blame the bare bulb for the nice growth.

this is day 53

frosty9.jpg

everything is heavily encrusted in trichomes. some leaves are barely visible through the trics where the leaf exits the bud. smelling very potent. had to block off the central AC because i was smelling chronic from my driveway = eek. i think they should finish in about 3 weeks

Looking really nice DK, can't wait to start some of my own. Should be flowering by December. I have to kinda stall until we get back from Calif. on our Thanksgiving trip. I don't want to run my RDWC system for the 1st time when I will be gone for 4 days. There's no one here I trust enough to look after them so I will take cuttings when we return.

no doubt. I'm finding that I could leave for days on end without checking it which is awesome! I hate high maintenance anything. I am scared of humidity guys. hit 59% last night... I have like every fan in my house in there now idk what else I can do to prevent mold in nighttime. i have a exhaust fan that pulls AC into my tent that I could route to pull humidity outside but idk how to cool the tent then. what do you think? we're running the swamp cooler now I think that's where it's coming from but I blocked the central AC ductwork and my room is completely sealed

DK, do you have access to a dehumidifier? Im ASSuME ing you would already have used that if you did. Is your portable a/c still down? The solius air portable unit that I have has a/c, heat,dehumid and fan. Was hoping you had gotten a new unit after the other one gave you issues. Man I got an extra 6" and 8" vortex, too bad were 200+ miles apart, id loan you a fan or the dehumidifier but youd have a drive. How about shutting off the swamper unit and see what you humidity drops to? I really think its mostly the plants transpiring a bunch as I had the same problem in just coco drain to waste and had a/c units and no evaporative coolers running. I think other than an exhaust fan addition a portable and or dehumidifier is your best bet. If nothing else keep an eye out you might end up being ok if everything else is acceptable, keep everything really clean.
Im pulling for you bro

Relative humidity and vapor pressure deficit - YouTube
If you're interested you can also google the relation between VPD and plant stomatal response to help keep your humidity at optimal plant rate of water uptake and transpiration.
You can see why, at lights out, that you are having a lot of dificulty keeping humidity down. Just calculate your lights out temp and figure out due point. Of course due point isn't optimal but keeping below that at lights out will help keep ugly things away at least.
The swamp cooler at higher water temps for sure is helping keep your humidity high.
Air exhaust at night if possible or second best dehume.
I'm no expert but thought I would share some research I've done. I would double check anything I say, for sure though. I'm a rookie.
F.

yea I'm fucking hating myself cause I had a 8" exhaust but traded it for meds.... will definitely be picking one up again with a Titan humidity controller. I'm taking pics right now guys will post in a bit

day 60

photo_2165.JPG

getting very excited. i don't even see meds like this around town at all. i feel very accomplished. i'm thinking 9-10 more days of full feed then flush and harvy! what do you guys think... headband claims to be a 9 wk flower so i think 70 days is good

Yeah man there getting there, so far they look like "Head Stash" quality for sure. I like to keep an eye on the trics under a scope. So with the 9-10 more days and flush does that mean close to another 3 weeks? I think they'll be big, fat and ripe by then. I wish we were closer so I could loan you some equip. to get you to harvest. Look at the resin glands on those leaves what I like to call THC Tacos lol.
A+ Bro:goodjob:

thc tacos haha yes! I'm at about 50% cloudy 50% clear so yea... tryin to get em cut soonish cause I can't do anything for now about the humidity... pray 4 me boyz! I will flush @ 70% cloudy hopefully will be able to start that next Sunday

Back
Top Bottom