Dmoney32's First Grow!

Dmoney32

Currently germinating some bag seeds, not sure of the strain. I do know it is a sativa.
Lighting 3 CFL, 6500 for veg stage, 2700 for flowering stage
Grow type, closet DIY grow. Homemade free everything except for the bulbs!
Ph-6.1
Current pot size is bottom halves of water bottles :cool: with holes in the bottom to help prevent over watering (I am a noob)
2 fans attached to the top of the grow area in closet for some airflow
Using organic compost for the girls' (hopefully) food.
Lined closet with emergency space blanket to help reflect light.
Honestly I'm not expecting these to do much, but seed are now starting to pop, so I'm going to give it a shot!

Welcome to 420 mate and congrats on your first grow. Seen guys grow decent weed with household bulbs in shot glasses, you've got plenty there to get some decent smokeables :) Maybe not ideal but we all start out somewhere.
Just take it easy and don't over think things buddy you'll be fine:)

Welcome to 420 mate and congrats on your first grow. Seen guys grow decent weed with household bulbs in shot glasses, you've got plenty there to get some decent smokeables :) Maybe not ideal but we all start out somewhere.
Just take it easy and don't over think things buddy you'll be fine:)
And I have some 2 and 5 gallon pots for when they outsrow water bottles (if the do) :cool:

Good to see the journal started. Glad you made it back from space and still have your blanket for emergencies like this.

New grow room in progress! Hopefully I can get it finished before the seeds get going to good. Working on a tent also

Attachments

• 20190613_203334.jpg
    20190613_203334.jpg
    781.7 KB · Views: 76
And I have some 2 and 5 gallon pots for when they outsrow water bottles (if the do) :cool:
Cfl isn't great light for growing weed but it does work. I use it for the first few weeks and they do get to a fair size.
You know how many watts you've got?
Also have a look into training methods as you'll get a better result if you tie them down. Tall plants are no good for CFL cos the useful light doesn't travel very far.

Cfl isn't great light for growing weed but it does work. I use it for the first few weeks and they do get to a fair size.
You know how many watts you've got?
Also have a look into training methods as you'll get a better result if you tie them down. Tall plants are no good for CFL cos the useful light doesn't travel very far.
I think it's around 39 watts per plant, I dont think it's going to work but I'm going to try lol. I'm putting some cash in my piggy bank for an LED grow light. I found a nice one on amazon with great reviews for $130. Its blurple but it's supposed to be a great one.

I use those type of lights too mate. They're awesome for veg but hps is better for bloom. Can get a 600w hps/cmh ballast with a reflector for £70 that'll will produce at least twice as much as that led.
If you've only got a small space though then something like that will do the job. Not that one though. Have a look at mars hydro, there's a rep on here that will give you a discount :)

I use those type of lights too mate. They're awesome for veg but hps is better for bloom. Can get a 600w hps/cmh ballast with a reflector for £70 that'll will produce at least twice as much as that led.
If you've only got a small space though then something like that will do the job. Not that one though. Have a look at mars hydro, there's a rep on here that will give you a discount :)
How can i get ahold of that rep? :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom