DNA Lemon Skunk Hempy Grow

Hello, this is a first time Hempy grow with a Feminized seed. My last attempt at this was going fairly well until the plants showed me male parts. I have all Fem. seeds now except for one.

This grow is intended for my own learning experience, I'm thinking I'll need some help. So the specs are as followed:

My Veg room is 3'x3'x3' and temps are 79-82 F

I have a passive in take and a 4" fan exhaust

I'm using an old GE fan to move the air around, it only has one speed which I would guess is medium

I have a Humidifier running all the time keeping my Rh at 66-71%

Lights: (seedling stage) Blue spectrum (6500k) Cfl 26 watt (2) and 1, 15 watt (2700k) T-8

lights are on 24 hrs.

My flower chamber is 3'x3'x4' Temps when running all Cfl's stay around 82-85 F and I have a 6" fan for exhaust.

Lights: (flowering stage) Mix of 26 watt 6500k and 42 watt 2700k, 16 bulbs total.. 12/12

My strain for this journal is focused on the Lemon Skunk from DNA, a free seed I was thrown by one of our sponsors (Single Seed Company) which has always come through for me.

Growing medium/s:

Started my seeds in paper towel on top of cable box, then moved seed into Peat pellet and once the seedling had it's head out, I transfered Peat pellet plug into Perlite.

Pot sizes:
16 oz cup to start seedlings

2.5 gallon bucket from dolla storefor flowering

Nutes:
FF Grow big, FF Big bloom, FF Tiger bloom, Cal-mag

I think that is all for now, have any questions or any ideas please feel free to drop in and give your thoughts.

"pot pie" plastic container was used for germination of seeds, in paper towel method.
03452.JPG

I'm re-using the Perlite, it's a simple process. I dump it little by little and clean it with HOT water to remove the nutes left.
04145.JPG

I then placed my seed in the peat pellet and into this cookie container untill the seeds sprouted.
0668.JPG

This is my little girl at 3 days today from sprouting
0748.JPG

Hey my man, OMM in the house! That was a hell of a MoM contest I wish I would have voted for you! lol I'm sorry, but I gave my vote to Norcaliwood. You know I love ya' but you had a MoM award already and you would have gone all goofy like Woodsman. So I was really just looking out for ya'!

So you think LST huh? I was thinking the same thing just a minute ago, I'm serious too. I agree on getting this girl to flower ASAP. I'm running low on buds. So this one will go 12/12 around 20 days from now. I'm shooting to pinch her top at the 4th node and maybe "lollipopping" so I don't have to have bulbs hanging all over the place.

This is from Lollipopping?
Info I came across...

Lollypopping is the technique of trimming-up the lowest branches to give yourself good access for watering and to keep a nice air-gap between the soil and your lowest leaves. These lower branches never get enough light to fully bud and deplete the rest of your plant’s resources if not removed. These lower branches, when removed while still in the vegetative state, make excellent clone donors. They are the oldest part of the plant and have the most hormone buildup and will root quickly. Check them over well and make sure they aren’t infected with thrips or spider mites by giving the fresh cuttings a quick neem oil dip, or H2O2 and water. If every plant lollypopped yields just one clone, you will have a perpetual crop with no need for mothers. This will free up space and prevent bug problems that come whenever anything sits in the same room for more than a month (like mother plants). Lollypopping ultimately gives the remaining buds more girth and fuller “lollypop” appearance when finished flowering. Lollypopping is a must, this you can trust, much better than having your buds in the dust. ;)
:rollit:

Hey Sisco I do not feel bad. I was the one that nominated Norcaliwood! :thumb:
NO, I was.. lol well who cares anyway, so who was the 3rd person that voted for him? lol
Cool to follow your grow again, wish I had time to have a grow journal. Will check and fly up there to smoke some lemon skunk.

Peace, they won't let you on the plane anymore... after the last time you got all dressed up like a stewardess and handed out your famous Latte's!

What's up Sisco!
Another new hempy grow, That's 2 new hempy grows this week. I just subd ItsChromes hempy grow.

I'm starting to get an interest in different mediums and the hempy doesn't seem to be as hands on or complicated as hydro. Hopefully I can get some schooling here.

Good luck to you brother! Everything lookin good:thumb:

Welcome 52Firestone, Thanks for giving me the scoup on Chrome I gotta go check that out myself. I'm pretty stoked about this one man, had a run of bad luck you wouldn't beleive. All in the past..

Ya, Hempy is by far less work than rigging up a hydro set up. I love spending less time worrying about my Ph in the soil being off too! No bugs!!!!! Can't over-water!!!!! It wipes it's own ass.:cool: Are you sold yet?

it wipes its own ass it wipes its own ass it wipessss itssss ownnnn asssssss

lol sorry bout that i watched that movie big daddy earlier today

lookin good man hope to see good things

Sisco rides again! I'm in!

Doc's had a lot of luck going 12/12 from seed. Between the size of the pot on the bottom and lights on top how much vertical grow room will you actually have?

I think you'll have a great grow this time. The ganja gods owe you one... good luck!

it wipes its own ass it wipes its own ass it wipessss itssss ownnnn asssssss

lol sorry bout that i watched that movie big daddy earlier today

lookin good man hope to see good things
Thanks BigSlim, I hope to see at least something:yummy:ha!
Sisco rides again! I'm in!

Doc's had a lot of luck going 12/12 from seed. Between the size of the pot on the bottom and lights on top how much vertical grow room will you actually have?

I think you'll have a great grow this time. The ganja gods owe you one... good luck!
BlueDog, thanks for checking my grow out. The ganja gods are doing me good this time around :wood:
I just measured the pot and it's 9" the lights take another 9" when they are all the way up so 48"- 18"= 30"... So I was "planning" on pinching the 4th node so I have 2 or more colas and I was also "planning" on lollipoping, but I guess since I'm pinching on 4th node there is really nothing to cut off down below, right?

So in theory if I were to top just as I'm sticking it into flower all I have to do is LST as it goes or should I say grows.:smokin:

I just fed my girls a dose of 1/4 strength FF Big Bloom, I'll take pics of the veg room as soon as my batteries charge.

This is my veg room with my future Mom plants: White Widow, Bubbleicious, Northern lights, Papaya, and Rocklock.

The Lemon skunk is going to go staight into flower and I have a Blue mystic that is not feminized... I'll just wait and see what that turns out.

011278.JPG

This is the flower room and my diy reflector..

012243.JPG

Wipes its own ass huh? Sounds good:thumb:

What does it do to the humidity? I don't have real great ventilation so a higher humidity would kill me. Things I have to think about before considering a new venture.

I'll just sit back and watch you guys Rock these hempy pots:popcorn::goodluck:
I don't think it has much evaporation to cause a drastic change, I use a humidifer in my veg room.

The only hempy concern with RH would be with the runoff. Make sure you design your setup so you can easily access and dump the runoff collector, or you'll have standing water after you water the plants.

The only hempy concern with RH would be with the runoff. Make sure you design your setup so you can easily access and dump the runoff collector, or you'll have standing water after you water the plants.

That's right, I use the transparent plastic trays you see in the above picture. I have let the water evaporate before, but when you start using FF nutes it leaves residue on the tray and it becomes ugly.

Back
Top Bottom