Do autoflowers require a dark period of a certain time?

squeege

Just as the title says...

Some places I read no dark period is ok, then read 6 hour
dark period, then 12 hours... I am wondering what you feel
is optimal and if autoflowers need a certain dark period at all.

(Mine is in flowering stage atm.)

Thanks.

Hi, I think when you ask this question you'll always get differing opinions. I think you just need to decide for yourself what you feel is best. Some research says 24 hours of light is okay some say it's bad. Personally, I'm not an expert, just growing autos myself for the first time. But, from what I've read and from what seems to make natural sense is that 24/0 is not a great idea for autos or for any plant.

Wikipaedia says: "There is an ongoing debate over the importance of the "dark period". It has been shown that, when subjected to a regimen of constant light without a dark period, most types of flora, including cannabis, will begin to show signs of decreased photosynthetic response, lack of vigor, and an overall decrease in vascular development."

I agree with clancy, too much of anything isn't good. However with my current auto's the lights have been left on 24/7 for days so im not one to talk! but I would prefer an 18/6 or 20/4 regime but kinda lazy that way & don't wanna use a timer for this one. But I would go 18/6 if I could, plus it saves on elec, bulb & cools the plants a bit...a litlle breather has got to be a good thing.
:lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom